1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

10 Things I hate About You is awesome!

+1 about Despicable me, the only large chunk of it I've seen so far is the end credit reel and I'd give that a 8/10 alone. Minion Cheesecake :D

Also watched about the first hour of the Social Network tonight, absolutely loved it. Will definitely be watching the rest asap. Some trivia, apparently the script was way over the length the studio wanted so Fincher told all the actors to do their lines as fast as legibly possible :lol:

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A History of Violence - 7/10 - Pretty reasonable film, some very good scenes in it, but a slightly predictable plot. Somehow it felt a little too short as well, I was expecting the middle to go on for much longer.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sir Terry Pratchett's Going Postal (that aired on Sky1 HD in May this year)
    Rating:8/10 easily
    Thoughts:
    As a Pratchett fan, I can't possibly be negative about this.
    As good as The Colour of Magic, but with slightly better casting. Adora Belle Dearheart is cast as well as Susan Sto-Helit in "The Hogfather" (and pretty, though not quite as pretty as Susan). I only wish they had managed to cast Jeremy Irons as Vetinari again...
    Brilliant way to spend 3 hours for anyone that loves Pratchett's world and the TV adaptations.
    I just hope they make Night Watch or Guards Guards next.

4. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

hot tub timemachine & men who stare at goats

Men who stare at goats is well worth a viewing its dry and unexpectedly good

HotTub TimeMachine .. scores well on the bums & Titsometer* and is just easy to watch comedy

5. Little_chef

Little_chef Now with added custom rig!

The Other Guys.

I'm one of those guys who love Will Ferrell's comedy, so this was an absolute treat. Mark Wahlberg venturing into comedy acting was an intriguing proposition, but I feel that he did so very well, his character blending well with Ferrell's. The initial office confrontation scene between the two had me in stitches crying.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I watched a bunch of movies this weekend.

Toy story 3. Thought it was great, grew up watching 1 and 2.
    Fight club. Awesome movie regardless how many times I've seen it.
    Prince of Persia: the sands of time. Thought it was alright, the chick in it is hot haha.
    Dawn of the dead. First time watching it and it was alright, kinda predictable and not all that scary but was entertaining.

7. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Realized last night that I put the wrong title on this. It was Wicker Park.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Max payne ; I get the appeal, but no ways would I pay more than 2 euros to watch it, nor will I watch it again, or recommend it.
    9; Nice animated movie. Liked it more than cloudy with a chance of meat balls, and liked it just as much as Wall - E if not a little bit more, had it been a little longer, but not anywhere near as much as Up.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

Huh, I woulda given 9 about 3/10, majorly disappointed by it. Cloudy on the other hand was awesome, really need to watch it again...

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Personally, I LOVED 9

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Both 9 and Nine (the animated one and the musical) were pretty bad IMO, Daniel Day Lewis couldn't even save Nine..

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This.

I liked the concept of 9, but it felt like there was a massive hole in the execution and story.

Just half watched Eat. Pray. Love with the missus, since I owe her for making her watch Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3 (she liked Iron man better!! :rolleyes: ).

It's an utterly unlikeable fantasy story that I cannot relate to. Not just because it's a chick flick - I'm fine with that, but Julia Roberts plays the most unlikeable and personally unrelatable character ever. Regardless of the fact she looks 50 playing 30, she just literally walks out of a marriage with a man who loves her, to shack up with another man, who loves her, then leaves him too. BOTH try to help her. Then she decides to be a whimsical romanticist and ****s off around the world for several months to countries she likes on the justification that some 'monk in India' read her palm - typical, shallow tourist crap. So she goes off an to visit and stays in places, 'listening and admiring' all the other women/people she meets along the way - claiming she's so touched by them, but ultimately ignoring everything as she's such a self-centered **** and they aren't monks who read ****ing palms!!

I get wanting to travel and see fantastic, owe inspiring things, but not at the expense of ****ing over everyone who mattered to me because sometimes I feel a bit depressed. What a bitch.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This is why we had our duty to rally behind the Expendables....

14. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Unfortunately (and what makes it even worse) is that the story isn't made up. It's the true story written by the Julia Roberts character.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh great. They gave her a **** ton of cash to be a wholly self absorbed unlikeable bitch.

Please, kill me now. :duh:

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It gets worse: apparently, she's writing a sequel.

Best to jump off that bridge now before you get coerced into watching the second film when it comes around... ;)

17. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Descent: part 2.

I've seen better....

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Moon

8.5/10

Very good movie. Unlike most people I didn't find the firsst half hour boring. It was necessary to get to feel the loneliness of Sam.
    Very impressive for a 5 million dollar film

Three Kings
    6.5/10

Walhberg and Clooney were great and so were the visual aspects of the film. The plot however got uninteresting and the movie was just way too long.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I loved the whole thing really, slow films are some of my faves.

20. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Just saw Moon tonight! What a great movie!

Highly recommended. 8/10