1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

Errr...:worried:
    I will definitely be purchasing the blu ray when it is released....

Also watch Shane's first film 'Primer', if you have the time ;)

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Iron Man 3 8/10

Bloody loved it, yes some of it was ridiculous but it was miles better than the second installment.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

I'm 39... well you guess what.

Had to explain to my wife what Qbert is though...:D

On "Das Boot" (the extra, extra, extra edition (or even longer, the multi-episode TV edition cut together).
    Last watched it as a student. We sitched the lightbulbs to red and lit them every dive. Of course we were in uniform :D

4. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

They were CGI scenes where there was multiple B17's in the sky, and I suppose for hardcore movie goers they were not the best of effects. I myself thought that they were adequate as such. Let us not forget it was low budget flick.

Some of the scenes showing a solitory B17 looks like the genuine article to me, but I can't be sure. There must be some serviceable B17's around so there is a chance that those scenes are genuine. I just had a quick google but didn't find any info either way.

Thinking about it now the characters were a bit empty and it could have been better in ways (as most films) but I enjoyed it because I have a huge interest in all things WWII.

Last edited: 3 May 2013
  5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Monty Python's Life Of Brian - 9/10.

I know it's mainly toilet and idiotic humor, but some of the satire is so damn hilariously outrageous that it mimics real life.

Not to mention the absurdity is so reflective of real life that I have to love it. Only these guys could openly insult the Abrahamic religions (and the UN) and get away with it.

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Fast & Furious 5

8/10

That was fun, silly, and lots of awesome all rolled into one without being too brain dead unlike a lot of action flicks. Shame it's less about the cars and more about the action these days, but there are still plenty of nice cars ( and women ) to ogle :D

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agree 100% with this.
    I re-watch it every couple of years since I am 12 or so.
    My favourite part is the UFO chase scene (out of nowhere) and the abrupt and random ending to it....

Detachment
    8/10
    It's slow and quite frankly f***ing depressing. But it's a good film, worth watching.

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

5/10 jack reacher.
    trailers made it look like a fun 90s popcorn action movie take on jason bourne but it was really crap dragged out film. but the jack reacher char is good and i liked what he did to the bad guys at the end.

8/10 The Grand Master, yet another chineese flick based on ip mans life. this one is preety good tho not brilliant it kinda drags in parts of the film bu I enjoyed it

Last edited: 8 May 2013
  9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, there's one - Sally B :D

Movie 43 - err..wtf...i dont even.../10

Hilarious in parts but generally it's utterly insane with the thinnest of plots to tie random sketches together. It's a feature length sketch show. I did enjoy it it did make me laugh (I was howling at the parody Tampax advert) but I'm really not sure how to score it. Worth a watch if yu liek zany and totally random comedy.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Late to the party, but...

Iron Man 3 - 5/10 - Distinctly average edition to the current gangbang of superhero films. Interesting bad guys, but far too much emo whining from Stark. That, and the formerly-lovely Gwyneth has buffed out a bit too much, coupled with huge amounts of 6-pack brandishing, which kinda spoils that aspect of the film for me.

First one was best, without doubt.

11. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Just got back from Star Trek Into Darkness....

Watched it in 3D and am glad I did as I think it looked great.

As for the film very enjoyable and even though I'm not a Trekkie (I've seen the first by J.J. Abrams but none of the originals or series) I still didn't find I got 'lost' or missed anything. Well worth a watch I think for anyone into sci-fi.

8/10

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft - 1/10

If you're looking for a bad movie on Netflix look no further. Painfully bland characters with little to no depth or development, poor acting that would make a person wonder if their casting was done by a first come first serve Craigslist ad if it weren't for some recognizable names and faces, a plot with as much relation to the Hansel and Gretel tale as a foster child to his ever changing "siblings", and enough painfully obvious mistakes to make it the film equivalent of Highlights magazine.

That last complaint is the only thing that kept me going, and even then I fell asleep halfway through. You can play a fun bit of I Spy catching things like shirts changing between shots, night scenes with sunlight, and state flags not matching the supposed setting.

13. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2563548/?ref_=sr_1

Thai horror. 3 short stories in one movie and in stereoscopic 3d. 3d was very good, no strain on the eyes. The movie gave me chills quite a few times. The 3rd part was really funny yet still spooky. Very well made movie with good pacing.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. Utter ****. Turned it off half way through.

Iron Man 3: 7/10

Certainly enjoyable, just don't think too much. Dropped points for making me wait through the VERY LONG CREDITS FOR A **** Hulk-Tony thing.

Oz Pre-qual: 5/10

Sort of entertaining. Bad green-screening with an average to poor script and they OD on the visuals and Danny Elfman rather than using the opportunity to be clever. Zack Braff plays Zack Braff.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Robot & Frank 6/10

interesting concept with weak execution, not really worth it unless there really is nothing else better on.

16. SuicideNeil

Total Recall ( 2012 remake )

8/10

After all the negative views, I wasn't expecting much, but I actually really enjoyed this and found it to be a great film overall. I think the problem was that is was a remake, and not a sci-fi action film that tried to stand on it's own 2 feet. With all of the fans of the original judging it and/or comparing it the the impossible-to-live-up-to cheesy 1990 original it never really stood a chance, but it's well worth seeing & I think anyone will appreciate how good the re-imagining is without the silly Mars stuff and over the top Arnie action + blood and gore.

17. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

+1

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Iron Man 3: Watched this in Sheffield the other week, Very enjoyable i thought, Some of the one liners 'Stark' get in just creased me up. Easily best film i had watched in 2013... that was until:

Star Trek: Into Darkness, And wow, just wow. Fantastic. I said it on here when it was announced, "Kirk vs Sherlock" and, it was. Benedict's character really was very similar to Sherlock, Faster, Smarter, Stronger than Kirk, he was quiet simply.. Perfect for the role. Another irony i spotted, was Peter Weller's character, again, almost identical to the role he played in Enterprise (S04E20/21)

Sam

19. SuicideNeil

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

6/10

This is basically a silly, over the top kids action adventure sci-fi film, but for adults. Turn off brain, engage beer consumption and it's not too bad actually ( red head helps a lot too :naughty: ).

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Vanilla Sky
    7/10

Not sure what to say besides I quite enjoyed it. I did not get it at all the first time I saw it but I was young (well, 16) and I think it was in an english class. I thought it was confusing when I watched two days ago so I 12 years ago, before I was decent in English, I had no chance of ever understanding the plot.

Also, Penélope Cruz. I was never a fan but she's just fantastic looking and immensely lovable in this movie