1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm a big fan of Ranzar's toons and a big fan of the Jumbo these days.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2013
    Cthippo likes this.
  2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

T-28 with the ZiS-4 is my favorite tank in the game, especially on a map like Redshire or El Halluf where I can sit on a ridge and act like direct fire artillery. I can hit, and kill, tanks all the way across the map and they have no idea where it's coming from, especially if they're busy concentrating on the tank right in front of them. In that situation 3-4 kills per game is very achievable. Probably going to get the binocular telescope for it next, though I'm not sure if it will really help.

I've finally got the KV-1 figured out, but I'm still not that happy with it. Even with the upgraded suspension and toolbox it gets tracked SO easily and then you're just a sitting duck while the enemy takes you apart piece by piece. With the 85mm gun I felt like it didn't do enough damage, but with the U-11 I'm getting kills, even though it means getting in their faces to hit anything. Not really my preferred play style, but like I say, I'm adapting.

My frustration at this point is that I'm not really sure where to go next. I've got the T-28, M5A2 and BT-7 elited, and am grinding the KV-1, Type T-34 and SU-5, but I'm not really excited about any of the upgrade paths.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

I would say the KV1s is worth a look ( Dat Gun ) its fast ( for a heavy ) has surprising armour ( a lot of random bounces ) and packs a huge punch for its teir, the T150 also has a great gun in the 107mm ( tier for tier, one of the greatest guns ) not really tried any of the other tanks on your soon to unlock list

4. Cthippo

I'm thinking T150 after the KV-1 because I would prefer more armor over a slightly more powerful gun. Even as heavily armored as the KV-1 is, I still end up dead a lot more than I like.

I bought the T-50 light, mostly because I had money to burn and a garage space open, and because the T-50-2 with the ZiS-4 sounds like fun. Now I just need to grind through 62K XP to get the 50-2 :sigh: This is going to be especially tough on a tank that is not good at getting kills. I had a Ruinburg encounter battle tonight where myself in the T-50 and a couple other lights had the last tank on the other team, a French heavy, pinned. He couldn't turn his gun to hit me, but all I could get at was the front of his tracks, so I put 14 rounds into those before someone else got the kill!

I finally got to play on the Pearl River map and I have to say it's a LOT of fun! :clap:

5. Risky

Risky Modder

You can get a lot of XP without even firing. Spot, spot, spot, maybe consider shooting later particularly in high tier battles.

6. lilgoth89

yeah, be a scout, if you light up an enemy tank, you get a ( small ) bonus, if that tank is damaged while you have him spotted, you get half ( I think ) the XP for that damage, also remember that light tanks do not lose much of there camo when moving, so training your crew in camo will mean that you will often get the spot before they will even see you coming
    Ever get shot by invisible tanks ? odds are they have a scout that is hiding in a bush being a passive scout, and they are shooting at you, meaning the scout is just smiling at the amount of damage being done indirectly by him, and remember even if you cant cause direct damage to enemys, tracking them in open ground can easily be the death of them if arty know there is a big juicy target, tracked in open ground

similar, I hate players that spam the help key, on an arty safe target, then accuse arty of being asleep >_< arty need good scouts and a fair team to function at our peak

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm using the T-50 at the moment and it's fantastic. I get plenty of xp from scouting and in lower tier battles I find getting kills of my own quite easy. Just find a lone tank, get in close and circle it whilst firing the ZiS-8.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

The special has been rather nice. +40% income on the M6 means it is turning over a nice income and I've been getting some decent results with it.

9. Cthippo

That's asking a LOT, especially this weekend!

God there are some AWFUL teams on the server tonight!

Part of the problem is I keep getting put into battles with no artillery to spot for.

My first kill with the T-50 was an arty on Ruinburg. It took 5 rounds at point blank range to kill him, and he shoved me so far into the red line I was totally immobilized :hehe: I killed another one by ramming it at full speed, but I'm not sure killing a SU-26 accomplishes much. I played that gun a lot and kills were very few and far between on it.

If I had recorded my games tonight there would have been material for a good blooper reel. I think most of the people playing tonight are either drunk or stoned.

10. SMIFFYDUDE

Or siema warriors.:p

11. Cthippo

OK, case in point...

El Halluf, I'm in my M5A2 down in the valley, there is an enemy artillery on the cliff above me. He pulls forward, I shoot at his bottom, I miss. He backs up. So far so good, right?

So then what does he do? Back up where I can't hit him? Maybe call for help? Maybe just ignore me because there is no way I can get to where he is? If you said YES to any of the above you clearly haven't been playing this weekend.

No, the damn fool tries to ram me! Seriously, he rolls up the edge of the cliff, which allows me to put a shot into his bottom armor, then very slowly rolls down the hill giving me a chance to put three more rounds into him, killing him before he makes contact!!!

Once he's dead, I zoom out and there is a enemy Hetzer with his barrel almost touching me! AND HE MISSES! I wasted no time getting out of there!

I'd rather lose to an honorable opponent than defeat complete morons, especially since they'll probably be on my team next time!

12. Cthippo

OK, possibly the worst team ever!

This was an tier 7 or 8 assault battle on Malinovka, we were the assaulting team. We had 6 heavies. I was the bottom of the tech tree in my SU-5 and yet somehow managed to get the ONLY THREE KILLS OF THE GAME! :wallbash:

[​IMG]

13. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Happens all the time. My hates are the tanks who camp and don't move and then either
    a)do a suicide charge when the game is finely balanced
    c)rush and cap when there is one or two enemy tanks left. Depriving the rest of team of kills.

The tanks who start capping in encounter right at the start while their team is getting killed and then get decapped and die. Especially the really bad top tier players.

14. lilgoth89

yup, ive seen bots get better stats...
    8 people on your team did 0 damage...how can...IS3, top teir, get nothing
    although if we analyse the match...you can see why your team failed to epically
    assaulting malinovka = 99% loss chance
    your team have no scouts, while the enemy get 2 ( and several fast meds )
    by the look of the game, the luchs, the VK3002D and the T21 were all acting as scouts, and lighting up your whole team ( all scored low damage, but high XP = plenty of spotting damage )
    you lost not just to poor team, but the MMs ability to not balance scouts between the teams.
    I have assault and encounter turned off as I really don't like assault games on certain maps

15. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Ahhh young padawan, missing the point you are.

The real power of the Scout is not the hunt for arty, it is only the easiest job.

You must utilise the power of deceit, distraction, frustration and communication.

Remember its not just the arty that can win via extended view range, you real opportunity is not scouting for the arty, but scouting for the heavy pack. With 6-8 guns shooting over your shoulder you'll do much better in scout points, plus you'll probably get points for the arty anyway who are really there to support the push/defend the weak side anyway.

Which links to a second potential side, which is scout for the defensive line against the bigger force if you are going for a one sided push, let the defence know what they're up against and pepper them on the way in.

Basically what I'm saying is:

1) Don't ever suicide scout

2) Only scout for things that more than 1 other tank can see, otherwise you're just risking your bacon for "information" not targets.

In other news, I just got my first tier 10, the Batchat!

16. lilgoth89

that took you long enough lance :p hows the clan wars and stuff coming along ?

17. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Took another territory last night. We were off the map for a little bit, but we're moving on Europe I believe. There are nightly enough for 15+5 reserve for CW now.

I believe theres a few thousand gold in the treasury now, well there was last time I checked.

p.s. Pssssh come join me in some T10 battles sunshine.

18. lilgoth89

I have no tier X tanks...and I sold the E75 >_<
    I have the GW panther if you guys still do Tank Companies on the occasion I wouldn't mind an invite lets face it, its better than random's :p
    slowly working on M103 and the IS8, but ive been playing the GW panther and the ISU152 mostly

also :O they are making the tetrarch available ( even if you have to spend 100 euro )

19. Risky

Risky Modder

That's horrible luck on the MM, they are supposed to be fixing it to balance the scout numbers, though it could still be off as they we're going to classify the M5 Stuart as a scout which seems a bit wtf.

Malinkova can often come down to scouting. I tend to grab a bush the far side of the lake and sport them trying to come up the hill. Most of my top XP game in the Chaffee are there.

20. SMIFFYDUDE

WG have given me a nice birthday present or rather two presents. Their next special means I might finally be able afford to use my tier 9 and 10 heavies, plus the May tank of the month is another tank I own.

I finally bought a KV-1S and it's top gun ammo racks everything I point it at, I one shotted 3 tanks in a row during a battle yesterday.