Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

Regarding the tier V premiums, they only make sense if you have tanks of that nation/type. I play US tanks so got the T14 and Ram-II on special at Christmas. At the price I don't regret either, though neither are as fun as the T2 Lt or Locust.

2. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I never owned any premium tanks yet, but thinking to get a cheaper one now just for fun and don't see any other better than Churchill III

I massively play with (almost all tree) German and USSR nation, so i think Churchill will be good choice for me :thumb:

Thanks all :)

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I sold off my T-50 and bought a Bison, starting up the German arty tree.

The T-50 just never matched my play style. I prefer a slower, more supporting role rather than a mad scramble to stay alive and hope someone is paying attention to what I spot.

I started grinding to get the AT-2 so I could have an indestructible tank, but I'm having second thoughts about it now. Alecto isn't doing much for me.

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Victory!
    Battle: Westfield 11 May 2013 07:32:43
    Vehicle: Jagdpanther
    Experience received: 9,020 (x5 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 99,571
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Great way to start the day.

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Fully one here, got a "Ranger" with the Priest. After all killing scout is best left to the arty?!?

[​IMG]

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Aww the little Alecto is awesome. I played it as a scout in the opening of a match, then a very fast flanking TD. The gun isn't anything to write home about unless you get a rear or side shot. Alecto is all about speed or stealth.

The AT-2 is a brawler you can't sit back hoping to snipe as the guns are pretty awful at range.

7. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Any reply? would like to watch :)

8. Cthippo

Yeah, that's why I'm having second thoughts about it. That, and it's not as indestructible as I thought.

I'm still trying to find a line of advancement through the tech tree I like. I love my SU-5, but hate the SU-8. I play the T-28 as a long range sniper, but the next tank in the tree is the KV-1. I've been playing the KV-1 as a brawler with the U11 gun and that's been OK, but not great.

I've got the T-150 and KV-2 unlocked, but haven't made the decision to buy either of them. I've also got a M5A1 which I've had some great games in but don't play much anymore, and the Type T-34 which I also don't play much. I guess I would like to find something else like the T-28, a super accurate, fast firing tank where I can hide behind rocks and get kills.

Equipment is on special this weekend. Camo nets for everyone and the T-28 finally gets binoculars. If I can get the Grille it might get rammer and GLD.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Maybe try the British Light tree. I found pretty much all of the british guns on the light tanks to have good accuracy and pretty quick firing times/aim times. You usually have to sacrifice some damage, but if your sniping then it's not too important.

Now I've got the cromwell with the 75mm Vickers it certainly is a completely different tank, I've been hitting KV1's well and took out a KV-2. Really nice feeling when you circle someone or ram a TD and stop them from turning around to hit you, :D :D

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Stug III is for you! epic sniping TD with the L/70, and ditch the U11 on that KV-1 it's crap. Fit the 85mm for medium range sniping and DMP. I've farmed a huge amount of XP with my KV-1 and the 85mm.

11. Cthippo

I'll take a look at those. I know some of the British lights are certainly a pain to kill!

I started out with the 85mm, then went to the U-11, and have recently switched back to the 85. Initially it felt like the 85 didn't do enough damage. The U-11 certainly is good for one-shotting lights and mediums, but you have to be in spitting range to hit anything.

I'll take a look at the StuG

12. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

Kv1 with top 85 gun just excelent for me. When your in top - you are king of battleground. If not - longrange sniping fo support is good too. But now fot farming i switch to su85 with top 85mm gun...

send from Deathstar via HAL9000

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I loved the Cruiser IV, good speed and manoeuvrability with relatively good firepower, not massively heavy, but it was quick and accurate. The crusader is also pretty good fun.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

just had my best game ever in the Type 59

[​IMG]

oddly enough I should have got patrol duty for this match, as I did a lot of spotting at the end of the match ( 7 enemy vehicles damaged from my spotting, but I didn't get the medal )

15. Cthippo

What is a good skills / perks choice for an arty crew?

16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Brothers in Arms, Deadeye, Snapshot, Camo and whatever the name of the one is that warns you if you have been spotted.

17. lilgoth89

very much depends on the teir of the arty...
    larger arty ( like GW tiger ) etc have little need for camo as 100% of nothing - is still nothing
    so, but for lower teir arty ( up to teir 6 ) its still VERY usefull
    BIA
    A must imo...anything to get your reload time and aimtime down is a HUGE bonus
    snapshot
    as odd as it sounds drops the penalty for moving the gun 10% ( so minor corrections for aim don't make your aiming circle as large )
    6th sence
    helps to know when your spotted ( even 3 seconds after ) so you can take evasive action faster
    Deadeye CAN be good if you find yourself playing TD, but it only helps with AP / APCR shells
    Repairs
    good for those few times when you get splashed and need to get moving fast

18. Risky

Risky Modder

I took Mentor, snapshot, clutch, signal boosting, camo, camo on the M7 Priest at 91.5% now.

I was thinking of retraining to BiA once they're over 100% but with the 8.6 nerf hitting the priest harder than any other arty, I probably will never get to do it.

19. lilgoth89

the 8.6 is a MASSIVE nerf to so many vehicles...
    T92 going from 0.62 all the way up to 0.92 accuracy....good luck Marvin ^_^

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

What is the nerf to the GWPanther?

Sent from my phone...