1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Today I learned (TIL)........

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 20 Jan 2018.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

As they say, "steel is real."

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That they have remade Child's Play. Is it as s**t as it looks?

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well it scored just over 50% on Rotten Tomatoes (not even Mark Hamill's voice could save it), but despite that it still made about $45m when it was released last year.
    It looks like the shtick they used to update the original was "technology is bad, mmkay?".

4. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

... that life w/o a blu-ray remote is horrible; replacement arrived this morning so options are restored.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

That the last surviving member of my Grandfather's regiment celebrated his 95th birthday this week.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  6. Jeff Hine

... sometimes you just need to crawl into a corner & stay there until you feel like you want to be part of a world that you (ultimately) don't feel you fit into.

7. Jeff Hine

... ADRENO (a graphics tech) is an anagram of RADEON, the technology it is based on.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Cat Lies Down on Broadway

So is A NERDO.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Today I learned why Alphonso (one of my 2 cats) love sticks so much. he brings them in the house all the time, plays with them, basically collects them. Sometimes they will just pile up by the back door. Never really occurred to me to question why so many, until this evening.

I walked to the kitchen to grab a drink and spied a small branch on the floor, always amazes me how he manages to pull them through the catflap. I went to pick it up and noticed there was something else on the floor, little bits of something. I look a little further down the kitchen to find a big lump of something, something that was likely holding onto that branch when it was captured and/or died.

When I was clearing up the feathers it dawned on me, why Alph collects sticks like he does. He's building a bird's nest, to lure and trap unsuspecting prey, but he does it outside the catflap so he can do it it the comfort and warmth of the house.
    [​IMG]

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I was yesterday years old when I learned that Maplin is back as an online-only retailer.
    They've almost completely dropped electronic components though.

11. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

DDR3 and DDR3L RAM don't mix despite looking the same. Has been driving me mental all afternoon.