1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Games of The Year 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Dec 2009.

1. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOUR OPINION.

Seriously, though, I rather like this list in no way correlates with my own opinion as to what the best games this year were. It's interesting to learn how disparate my tastes and those of the general bit-tech readership are - for better, or worse.

Now, where are those pictures of Harry in a kevlar helmet?

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

What a bunch of morons. MW2 at top? You can't be serious...

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Err, how does it really revolutionize gaming? Zero Grav is not really that ground breaking... I mean really, you like SH, good for you, but there's no need to be so anal about it not getting first - diversity is good in that it makes life interesting. If everyone shared the same opinion - f**k, that'd be boring as crap.

And besides, SH is internet connection dependent, AND versus games like TF2, so incredibly static in the sense that it lacks specialization (other than grenades, but what the heck?), and as a result my group of friends switched back to TF2 after two rounds in a LAN shop...

4. Overlord

Overlord What's a Dremel?

MW2 is top ten but there BIG problems with servers, matchmaking, cheats ruin it. Any other game released in this state would get laughed at.

5. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

We want pictures of Harry in a kevlar helmet and if possible a video of him of a days work with it.

Oh and maybe Harry trying to pick up some girls with it on xD That would be hilarious

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Not sure his wife would like that...

7. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

In my opinion, this voting can't be trusted. Why? Because surely people bought the most hyped games and left the others aside. This means probably no one in here played all of the eleven games in here.

You still can say that this represent a pondered average world wide. But I am sure that a professional list would differ from this one.

8. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Typical cash in hand review. Hey Bit-Tech I'm making a game, how much is it gonna cost me to get game of the year honors?

Since this is a PC only list then the games listed should do things in favor of the PC. MW2 is a direct port from a console and has ZERO features in it for a PC except mouse and keyboard support. This game shouldn't even be on this list. Not to mention the single player campaign is like 3 hours long. $60.00 3 hours (with no happy ending). The Multiplayer isn't even the best multiplayer on any system and offers absolutely nothing new or innovative. Not to mention the lack of dedicated servers, no lean, no customization, and hackers and cheaters running rampant until the once every three month patch.

Bit-Tech is located in Europe and you mean to tell me you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat which is far superior to Modern Warfare 2. And where is Assassin's Creed II? I know it's been a slow year for the PC but this is absurd. I know Modern Warfare 2 sold millions on the console and justifiably so because it's a crap arcade style console game thats fun for 15 minutes and is a complete waste of $60.00 like most console games. But to give it game of the year on the PC is a complete slap in the face to what PC GAMING IS ALL ABOUT.

If Modern Warfare 2 represents PC gaming or gaming in general...then the nay sayers are right....PC gaming is dead and so is video gaming period.

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you should just go away. Did you even notice this list was voted by players/readers ? Or do you still think it was rigged by bit-tech for $ ? :wallbash:

seriously, just leave

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:duh:

11. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Oh by the way my Game of the Year is ........................ S.T.A..L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat

Exploration, RPG elements, awsome FPS game play, excellent weapon physics, Directx 10 and 11, customization, a moding community, meaningful side quest, great story, very good A.I., Lean feature, huge replay value, superior graphics. This is PC gaming.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yeah we got that the first time

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I haven't gotten around to playing COP. Well that's because there's no english version yet.

14. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Just BUY (these developers deserve to get paid) the Russian or German version and use a little PC skill to swap the Russian or German language File for an English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Ebonics, or whatever language you want file. Presto Change oh

Next topic:
    Sorry looking back at the sales figures for MW2 PC and the petition to boycott MW2 PC and every forum I visited Most PC Gamers despise MW2. So it's really weird to me how it made #1 on this list allegedly voted by gamers. To vote this game PC's number 1, a game with no PC features at all says that maybe you should donate your computer to charity and go buy a console.

As a console game MW2 is great but for a PC it flat out sucks.

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Just finished playing Mirrors Edge PC. Wish I could go back and change my vote, it was a truly excellent little game. Fundametally puzzled by the bad press it got.

16. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

:duh:

Why the hell should I have to go digging around in the game's files to enable something as basic as English, the most popular gaming language in the world? If the developers want to get paid they can earn their rubles by releasing a game that includes English, which is a necessity for the largest, oldest and richest game market in the world. I pay them to make the games, not so I can assemble it from a hacked-together list of patches downloaded from warez sites. If it's of any interest, I've also got Shadow of Chernobyl and it took a fan-made mod to clear the bugs enough to make it playable. These developers need to get off their arses if they want to get paid.

Looking back at the number of boycotters that bought the game, not to mention MW2's general market penetration, I am unsurprised that it's probably the most popular game in this vote because a huge number of casual gamers bought it and have not bought a large number of the games also on this list, and therefore will not vote for them. Also the "allegedly" thing is wonderful; consider this:

If Infinity Ward don't give a crap about PC gamers, which by your no-PC-features-no-dedicated-server-support stance they surely don't, why the hell would they bribe the staff of a PC gaming forum to rig it to come first?

Tags: Add Tags