-Vio1's Lian Li V1000- *(Project Silver)*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vio1, 30 Jul 2004.

1. Grunt

Grunt What's a Dremel?

pictures are down?

2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

the single-piece LCD mounting is better, but it would be better if you can make it flush with the final bezel.

3. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

"flush with the final bezel?" dont understand what you mean.

I havent even really attached the new frame around the LCD... its attached with a bit of masking tape... just for now so I have an Idea how it will look.

4. Le Tordu

Le Tordu What's a Dremel?

I must admit I prefer the former 3 bays shape instead of the new bezel : the aluminium "colour" of the new bezel seems different form the rest of the case ! Even if you cover the two other bays it'll be still different...

Maybe this effect just comes from the picture :eyebrow:

5. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I like the second picture you posted, very Aquatube like :D

6. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

ya, the new bezel is a bit more shiny then the rest of the case, but I dont think its a bad thing. Its similar enough not to stand out too much, but different enough to attract your attention. Anyhow, I dont think I will find a perfect match metal for it... i'll still keep looking, but Im rather happy with the way it has turned out.

7. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

added a few more (custom made) heatsinks to my 9800 pro/xt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Oct 2004
  8. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Can you believe this crap: I contacted NCIX about my Ultra PSU... that I ordered on August 27th... they now tell me its on backorder, with no idea of ETA...

5-10 days my ars! Im canceling the order with them, and put one with Xoxide.com... they have them in stock and they ship to Canada.

9. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

I have an issue with my lcd... I think its picking up some interferance from being inside the case... there are faint lines (vertical) across the whole display, and also a slight vibration...

Any ideas on how I can stop it? Can I insulate the lcd from the inside so that it doesnt pick up anything from the rest of the computer?

10. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

bump

Last edited: 29 Oct 2004
  11. dom_

dom_ --->

yep it will

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Try increasing the transfer speed of the LCD. Mine kinda does that a little bit too but I stopped noticing it.
    /me rethinks that... I have a character LCD
    Try tweaking around with display settings in Powerstrip. It's probably related to that. I doubt it's interference.

I like the original LCD mounting way. It kinda keeps the original drive bays there, and I personally like that look. Almost a more stealthed effect, so to speak. I wish my LCD bracket had a line/cut going down the middle so it would look more like it was mounted in spare bezels.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

About the LCD interference: see if putting a ring magnet around the S-Video cable helps (you can get ones that look like little grey plastic cylinders which you can snap over a cable-- they're meant to clean up interference). If that doesn't work, see if you need to do the same to its power supply molex.

Making surround flush with the bezel means: making it flush with the front of the case (and the remaining drive bay covers).

I like the mod for the GPU, but I'd leave out the ball-bearings. Also, I'd look at M3 hex capscrews rather than the rings you're gueing on. With detail like this, you can cut no corners...

All these remarks are just suggestions, however. Remember, it's your project, so you do what works for you! :thumb:

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think Nexxo means a ferrite ring, not a ring magnet. Something like this:-
    lnky

15. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

does ne1 kno where i can get that screen for the mod im planning? i live in australia so it might b hard, could i use the same 1 as a in-car lcd or r they the same, sry but im a n00b in this area

16. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

dead_man: My lcd was originally from a car.

I opened it up yesterday, and it says "Sharp" on the inside. I have no idea where to get one retail.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, :duh: that's the one. Where the heck did I get ring magnet from...

18. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

ok thanks,im a n00b, but then again we all r at some point

19. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Anyone know any programs that would allow me to have different desktops on my crt and on my mini lcd? What about a program that would allow me to easily run a screensaver just on my lcd while doing something else on my main CRT monitor?

20. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Ugh, with school up again its hard to find the time and energy to work on my mod.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2004