1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning [HEADSTART AWAAY!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 9 Aug 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

My cousin is in the CB and he said they are going to get things started early because they made hugh changes to the game. Update your client and give it a try, I'm stuck at work for a few more hours before i can check it out.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Few more days until open Beta starts, and i can begin playing. Once the open beta is over, i've pre-ordered, so I get early access (3 days) Planning on going with an ironbreaker as a friend is in closed and runs a rune priest, and he can outheal dmg from like 4 enemies, so couple him with an ironbreaker for the spirit friend thing, and whatnot, it should be a great team. I also really like how you can level up from grinding, questing, OR PVP, which i find useful. Also like how the group quests are fairly quick, and don't take hours to complete. I can't wait.

3. dr4ygon

dr4ygon Every.Villian.Is.Lemons

well i got my key last night but havent been able to upgrade my account all day, im guessing there is a huge ammount of traffic going through the servers

4. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

OK, I have reached boiling point.

I will pay some one to let me use their open beta account. Seriously. I need to play this game.

Seriously. Any takers?

5. UrbanMarine

I can see if my guild has a spare OB key. I know fileplanet is giving out keys to subscribers.

6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Yeah, but it's only for US beta. I need EU beta :(

7. UrbanMarine

You might be able to log into a US server by setting up a account with an US address. Not sure if they're blocking EU IPs though. I'll see what I can find out. It worked when WoW had its US only testing.

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

My reading sucks, missed the part where he wants an EU beta key, not a U.S. one.

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'm not going for the Beta, or even trying to, as I want to enjoy the game properly with loads of people, with proper characters in the natural environment of public play. I just feel the Beta will spoil my enjoyment and excitement by providing a slightly fake feeling experience.

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Well, a U.S. one might still work, as Urban pointed out! I'll try anything tbh.

11. UrbanMarine

I thought the same thing and that's why I stopped at lvl10. With the way things have gone during beta testing, the final build might get a complete overhaul. The preview weekend build was completely changed for the OB. Everything (80% change roughly) from the ToK to the level in which you get abilities.

12. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Well if you do want a U.S. Key I have an email from Gamestop with a beta key for OB access. I cancelled the Pre-Order but still got the key anyway via email from them. You can try it if you want.

13. mansueto

i find the beta allowed me to try out a few diff. chars that i was interested in, and i picked the one that was least appealing until i played it. The witch hunter is damn fun compared to my iron breaker :D

14. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

YGPM :thumb:

15. UrbanMarine

The WH is fun but they're fish bait in PvP when near BOs or Chaos. More of a run and gun class than anything. For final build I plan on playing a IB or Swordmaster. My alts might be a WH, Bright or Engineer. White Lion is bad ass but the pets blow.

16. mansueto

I got to level 3 with a bright and just didn't like it, but the swordmaster sounds good, may have to give one a try. The iron breaker was able to survive in pvp, but they just couldn't dps very well, and i would prefer to dps like hell and die more often.

17. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I've been alternating between a witch elf and a disciple of Khaine. Think I'm liking the disciple more, but they're both fun. If I had to choose today on what to play for release, it would be a DoK.

Must admit, the atmosphere of the game definitely fits. Things seem much more "urgent" than in other mmos I've played, which is approrpriate, given that that factions are at war. The environmental and npc sounds really add to that atmosphere as well. I like it!

18. UrbanMarine

You just want a rogue with heals hehehe.

19. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Curse you folks in the beta *shakes fist* :p Just one week to go.... ahhhh can't wait! :D

20. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Is this better than WoW then or just a clone?

Tags: