1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Fingers crossed for you bro I hope you get it sorted :)

We should have a BT @ bike park wales day, I think it would be a lot of fun.

2. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

I'll be at Swinley Forest on Friday morning, matt black Norco Sight 1 with red Answer Pro Taper bars. Say hi if you see me.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Bit of a random one this.

Does anyone have (or know someone who has) a 200x57 BOS Stoy they'd be willing to part with? Any valving/tune.

BOS dained to kill it off in favour of the Rare, Jungle don't have any, R53 and Surf Sales don't have any, I though I'd found a few in Spain only to get a reply that it was a stock error. I might end up looking at persuading BOS to rebuild a 216x63 one from stock, but that will be eye wateringly expensive...

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

This, 1000x this. Bike Park Wales is insanely fun! Seriously can't get enough of Vicious Valley!

5. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Not been on the forum for a little while, but I can hardly reply to who's who on question on the BT Strava group if I haven't been on BT forum for some time.

I'm trying to sit behind my bars more than my monitor this year!. Mark O on Strava. Got some catching up to do on this thread now :)

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Welcome back. It's been cool seeing all the miles racking up on strava.

Today I'm being a fair weather cyclist, so that I have fresh legs for Saturday. My cousins renting a roubaix pro to test ride it so we're going out for his first ride in a couple of years.

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I just ordered some upgrades for my Trek Slash yesterday, but don't tell the missus :worried:

8. Lance

What's her number.... :naughty:

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

INSURANCE CLAIM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL!

The company for issuing the replacement will be in touch within 24hrs to discuss my options! WooHoo!

10. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Good result! Maybe I will start insuring my bikes with them as I am about to move house and thus I need to renew everything.

11. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Great news Mars, now it's a question of what to get. That's if they offer you money or another bike.

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Most likely a like for like, so another 5. If not, I'm all over either a Mondraker Dune R or the YT- Industries Wicked 650b.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Sounds good to me, though another 5 wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe a different colour.

Just heard from TF Tune, my R23 shock has had a hard life and needs a new body. Thought it might of done as it had started to leak air. On the plus side i'm now getting TF Tuned push parts fitted. Cheesecake

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I was up at Cannop Valley in the FoD Saturday just gone - great day's riding, and to save the faff of dragging my bike over (it was a stag that I had organised) I rented a Cube somethingorother. It was a nice ride, and Cannop Valley is amazing. Had uplift all day, and hit the trails hard. Much mud.

There were a few chaps riding Orange Fives there actually, I saw one in neon pink and basically wanted it immediately...

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Insurance company got back to me, they're getting me another Five Pro, gave me a choice on what colour so I went with the Plasma Blue. I'm now speccing up the kit to get it back to how I had it before, another £170 :/ At least I hadn't put the reverb seatpost on!

I'm not torn between whether I sell the bike and put the money towards something different, or keep it and spend the money putting it back to how it was. Decisions!

16. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Didn't go today but will definitely be there tomorrow (Saturday). Can't wait.

17. Lance

Sweet ride today. 29 miles of good riding in the sun. Finally managed to get some speed on my road bike, hit 37mph for the first time in ages. Also managed to get some good scores on my strava segments including a 2nd that was 1 second off a first.

18. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Good news Mars, the blue does look nice. If you do decide to sell it, give me a nudge. Also let me know how the seatpost goes.

19. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Couple of weeks wait on it though, i'll give you shout on the bike when I get it and decide what to do from there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

finally took the plunge...

[​IMG]

Should be here later this week should make the new trails i found at the weekend more interesting