1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

All those crypto profits.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Actually having food and drink. Due to me being a bit reclusive I order everything online. Come to find Waitrose get very busy at Christmas and it all becomes "First come". I was highly pissed by this news, especially as I had no other means of getting food. So I basically had to lock the flat up and bail for two weeks.

I'd literally eaten and drank the place empty. So how nice it was today to get all sorts of posh **** delivered to me. Quail, Partridge etc. My belly is happy.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

He won't get much for 77 pence.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I wish!

All paid now, and we've an appointment to view a reasonably new build four-bed town house with a garage - so here comes now expense!

MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Good luck man, it's about to get real :)

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

What’s that you say? A garage you’re going to fill with arcade cabs and pinballs?

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

why move? i cleared mine off 2 years ago (shitbags binned me for an early pay off fine) and its the best thing i did, got so much spare cash now i can do what i want. you'd be surprised how quickly you can save now you've no noose around your neck.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That would be a great idea, if I wasn't now absolutely stony broke!
    It'd be nice to have a bigger garden, and to be in something newer, *and* to have an office space that actually has natural light, and with a bit of luck and a following wind I can turn the garage into a photography and workshop space - which means finally picking up a cheap laser cutter and 3D printer.

IanW and MLyons like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A 2.5%-ish pay rise.

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Congrats. Drinks on you. :grin:

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Awesome, with inflation at around 3% you're only just a little bit poorer. Yay! :)

Honestly, that's not to be sniffed at at the moment.

12. Gareth Halfacree

You're telling me. I'm a freelancer; pay rises just ain't a thing 'ere.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Having a bit of a clear out with some stuff listed here and some on Facebook and Gumtree. A guy from Brazil was interested in a PVR and we arranged for him to come down to me. Turned up in a rather nice Range Rover with his girlfriend but with hardly any English.
    So with the help of Google Translate it was decided that a PVR was not want they needed.
    A very interesting if quite a difficult meeting.

14. Vault-Tec

Apologies for the almost non existent sound, but that made me think of this..

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

2.5% of not enough isn't much TBH...

16. Vault-Tec

When a crap day turns into a nice one.

I had terrible trouble getting to sleep last night. Last time I looked at the clock it was gone 2, and it took me a while to get off. Then I just continually kept waking up. Every hour, on the hour. I got up to pee but it was only 8 am and I still felt exhausted. Eventually I dragged myself up at 11am and put on my Yoda dressing gown. I didn't even have the energy to bother getting dressed.

Then the postman came with two things I needed but wasn't expecting yet. Then Hermes came which I had forgotten about to collect a parcel. Then UPS came with my Aquacooling order that had not even been marked as dispatched. So now I have everything to complete my upgrade with. Too tired to work today (and things will break if I even try) and I have so much going on ATM in and around the flat that it's not funny (bailing for two weeks left everything stuck in time) so I have had to do lots of housework.

Which is good. I could have spent yet another day rotting in bed. Deffo going to stop taking Venlaflaxine. I really don't like it. Back to Citalopram for a while I reckons.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

My office Secret Santa was travelling and has just come back and handed me a bottle of Haig...

Slightly over the £10 we set, but not going to complian one iota.

MLyons likes this.
  18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Is it any good over there? We get an 'Indianised' Haig over here that is pretty horrific. Have to admit, I used to enjoy the TV ads (before they were banned) -- 'Don't be vague, ask for Haig!'

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

No idea yet mate, because I totally didn't add a slug of it to my coffee earlier becuase its 3pm on a friday and im on a con call and not in pub...:rollingeyes:

MLyons likes this.
  20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh, I thought you might have had it before. I await the verdict.