1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Northern Ohio cold setting in ... and it is only December. Baaaaaaaaah.

On the plus side: ambient overclocking will be awesome! My rad box is almost complete, and will be ready for action soon! :D

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im getting sick of society...

everyone is fine with me being autistic, they just wish i was autistic somewhere else...

'We just don't want to deal with your episodes.'
    'you mean my meltdowns'
    'Yeah whatever you call them.'
    'well they are part of my autism, and something i have little to no control over'
    'No its something you CHOOSE to do.'
    'thats like saying to an epileptic that they choose to have a seizure'
    'No its totally different.'
    'i have no control over my meltdowns, they just happen, i wish they didnt but they do'
    'whatever. Your ban stands. Deal with it and move on'

but because they dont technically say they are banning me for my Autism, they dont technically breach discrimination, so its 100% legal

then society wonders why the rates of depression and suicide for people on the spectrum are so high, when society as a whole doesnt want us

Last edited: 10 Dec 2018
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Typical of the attitude of the ignorant majority to anyone they see as not being "normal", whatever their definition of "normal" may be.

I was offered, by the manager who is a near neighbour, a job opening up the village shop and sorting the papers which would have been a handy supplement to my benefit and within the rules of allowable income. The committee decided they didn't want me in their shop because my mental health condition meant I could not be trusted, without even talking to me about it.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

May I ask what exactly is the nature of the meltdowns? Do you freak out and just need to be alone?

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm really sorry to hear you are having problems, man. Believe me I know exactly what you are talking about. I found the best thing in the end was not to tell people you are autistic unless you either absolutely have to, or, you are with people you can trust. People just don't understand it at all. It's quite difficult to ask them to as well, because unless you walk a mile in a man's shoes etc...

I found that not telling people did not give me a deficit (people think that you are retarded when you tell them you are autistic, that is how little they understand) and to just have my spats and meltdowns whenever I felt like it. I mean s**t, most normal people act like douchebags on forums every day and get away with it. Thing is, you tell people you are autistic and they then look at you like I said, you are full on retarded. They don't understand that you are probably highly intelligent, and any serious point you ever make will just have them dismissing what you say because after all, you're a retard.

I would love to tell you better things but until the world changes and we learn to accept mentally ill people are a part of society then we are going to be the ones getting crapped on. Especially now that PC says you can't make fun of anything at all.... Unless it's the mentally ill. Funny thing is as soon as you speak to some one with mental issues or with a loved one with mental issues (that they can't just dismiss) you seem to get on a much more even keel of understanding.

Thankfully it gave me a chance to restructure my life. I ditched any friend I ever had up to being 30 years old, apart from one. I have a couple of "IRL" friends (like literally two) and one IRL + internet friend I've known for 20 years (he's in the USA). That, my family and mother? is all I need.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Microsoft are nozzles.

So I installed Windows 10 Pro on here (my PC) yesterday. It's what I had on there before, serial was in the bios.

However, in my excitement I accidentally logged in with my Xbox ID. It's just another MS login I have. Windows would not activate. After a lot of head scratching it says there is no serial associated with that ID (my Xbox hotmail one). So I try and change it to the one tied to the serial but you can't because M$ disable features of f*****g Windows until you activate. Crafty w****rs.

So it was either completely reinstall and login with my other ID or buy another serial. Thankfully I found one on Amazon for a tenner, so I paid it rather than going through the aggro. But that sucks really bad. Tossers !

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Bronchitis
    Brexit
    And fans of Max Verstappen.

It's not increasing your power usage, it's reducing your heating bill!

MLyons and TheMadDutchDude like this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Took me 2 and a half hours to deploy something to heroku

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Lazy people at work!

Got to work all weekend or a large chunk of it, because 2 people at work decided to spend 2 days doing no work, despite us being under a shocking amount of pressure to get the 15 jobs done by yesterday, and prep 5 jobs for next week.

So now I have to work to get 3 of the jobs done, amend one that was done but done incorrectly and then prep 5 jobs for next week.

Because of them, I have to miss my nieces birthday party and work overtime that I am not going to be paid for, because they don't pay overtime if the work is not completed that should have been completed.

My manager is going to be dragged in to a meeting on Monday where I am going to spell it out that I am being paid or I am going to have either 1 or 2 days paid leave.

Not to mention that yesterday was the teams Christmas night out, and I wasn't told about it and wasn't invited to it, despite being on the team for over a year.

Roll on getting a new job, my CV is being sent out next week to certain people who I know are looking for people with my experience, even if it means taking a pay cut I am just not willing anymore to help a company/team that is more interested in backstabbing it's employees and team members.

IanW and MLyons like this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

discovering I am the only one in an office of 5 who has seen the Blues Brothers.

nearly ****ing quit after that.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:eek:

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

We were talking in the office the other day about TV shows, and someone mentioned The Good Place. I said "Oh, yeah, that's the one with Ted Danson, isn't it?" and I was confronted with a sea of blank faces before someone piped up "Who's Ted Danson?"

That's what happens when you work with a bunch of people who are so young that you could actually be their dad :eeek:

IanW, The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Jebus! It must be around 35 years ago I saw that...

14. adidan

Just say the guy from CSI

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Which guy from which CSI? There are so many.

16. adidan

He became the boss in the original version of CSI. Or was, haven't watched it for ages.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well after starting work at 8am this morning, I am finally finished.

Managed to get everything done today so I can relax till Monday where it all starts again, but strong words will be had with my manager.

I am not doing this every week just to meet a target that they have set, knowing 2 out of the 4 people that can do the job have only been doing it for 1 month and it's quite complicated work if like them you have never done anything to do with Fibre, Ports, Switch swaps, prioritising when specific work needs to be done in which order so you don't kill the network for a city or town etc etc.

There is only me and one other guy that can do it quickly but we are all targeted with the same number of jobs to do a week, which I can do in 2 days if not getting questioned every 2 minutes by email and skype calls constantly throughout the day, I mean seriously my work inbox in the last week has doubled in size in one week compared to an entire years worth of mail and missed skype messages, because the other guy that can do the job is off till after new year so I am getting hit with everything.

At least I am in work next week, and Xmas eve then I am off till the 7th Jan and I don't know what they are going to do during that time because the only people in the office for the first week, of Jan doing this work is the 2 new people and then 2 more new starters being brought in because the work is not being done fast enough, which we told them 3 months ago we are not going to hit there stupid target but it won't be there fault it will be ours.

And breath end rant, it's a shame I cannot drink at the moment otherwise a bottle or two of southern comfort would be getting drank tonight!!!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've ended up at a student party.

How this happened I don't know.

The everything is ****.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yuk. Young people :rollingeyes:

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yuk indeed.

I'm 31. Idiots playing beer pong?