1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just downloaded the ARMv6 binary onto a Pi 4 running Buster, seems to work OK:

Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ./cloudflared --version
    cloudflared version 2019.6.0 (built 2019-06-04-1653 UTC)

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ./cloudflared proxy-dns
    INFO[0000] Adding DNS upstream                           url="https://1.1.1.1/dns-query"
    INFO[0000] Adding DNS upstream                           url="https://1.0.0.1/dns-query"
    INFO[0000] Starting DNS over HTTPS proxy server          addr="dns://localhost:53"
    INFO[0000] Starting metrics server                       addr="127.0.0.1:43117"

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Dr's appointment this afternoon so he can take a look in my brain pan and see why I'm filled with rage, hate and dark thoughts.
    Seriously not happy at having failed at life and needing to talk to someone about this kind of ****.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yup. I was following a pihole produced guide - I also checked a few other instances of people doing it on arm and the commands are all in line with what I did and what I was expecting.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's something I'm doing wrong - but I am also wondering if it's the zero w hardware I'm using topped by out. Or the sd card being duff.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Should work on the Pi Zero W. If you're running into RAM exhaustion and getting hit by the OOM killer, you could enable ZRAM and set up a larger swapfile on the microSD:

Code:
    $ sudo apt install zram-tools
    $ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile.swp bs=1M count=1024
    $ sudo mkswap /swapfile.swp
    $ sudo swapon /swapfile.swp
    $ cat /proc/swaps

liratheal likes this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was part way up the mountain to Neuschwanstein at the time i replied so I've not had chance to fiddle, but tomorrow I might try a different sd card just in case that is causing my issues as well. I was reading that card corruption could cause segmentation errors too.. eh. I'll play in the morning and see what's what.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At my aunts and my cousins over and has got Love Island on. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU They're all thick as ****. MAKE IT STOOOOOOP

Fingers66, The_Crapman, IanW and 2 others like this.
  7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Things have not been going well here in the US. Not with work, not with wife's job, not with living experience, not between me and her because of the strain.
    So now wife is searching for a job elsewhere, which is good, but her field doesn't really have all that many jobs.

Closest to 'home' (Netherlands) she's found so far is in Celle, Germany, so she's applying for that. Germany and Netherlands are very different places however.
    Germans being German, I think I'm gonna have a though time finding work there (albeit different reasons from here), especially with a now almost 1 year gap in my CV/resumé.

My brain's turning into mush.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

And that's the smart ones...

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Just broke my Thin ITX board. Ooops

10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Nooooooooooooo :sad:
    What generation was it? I am toying with parting with my Gigabyte H110TN

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Q170 industrial board, I was running a powered riser with 1050ti off the board in a passive case.

Was gaming for a good 4 hours yesterday on it and I went off to do something (left the game running) and came back and PC had locked.

Turned it of via killing the power, then it wouldn’t turn back on. Several hours of pulling everything out and no joy.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Due to move this week. No we are moving.

Still loads of little jobs left but we're moving godammit!

However, one extra job i've been doing all day is removing plaster from the floor left by our, online reviewed as very tidy, builder. Ffs.

Going to have to buy several sockets to to replace the ones he's managed to get plaster inside, even after he unscrewed them from the wall.

Yay. Well, at least we have a house - just need to get in, the good lady is losing the will...

First job is removing more plaster....

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

@Arboreal

Gave me an excuse to sit in the garage and build a wall mounted build using all the parts ready for my S4M while I wait for it to be shipped.

[​IMG]

I had meant to paint the inside of my cabinet today but building things is more fun!

Wakka and Arboreal like this.
  14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

lugged twelve 3ft X 2ft flag stones (50Kg) a piece and twenty bags of sand cement an ballast (25kg per bag) an part laid them to create a base for a greenhouse. Needless to say my back is ruined now.

Oh an inhaled a load of cement dust as mother decided to start mixing a load while I was laying slabs right next to me, also got coated in the stuff as she "missed" with the spade so also feel rather ill at the moment.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Only just finishing work for the week - but at least I have some pretty pictures to show for it.

perplekks45, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Is this without or with the new firmware?

17. Gareth Halfacree

Those are without, to reflect most people's use. There's not a huge difference at load anyway; the biggest savings are at idle. You'll still throttle with the new firmware and no active cooling.

18. legoman

Some of the coolers for this are hilarious. Although now, does it mean you can do a group test? Also we have a legitimate reason to watercool one!

Arboreal likes this.
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Did you see the one Seeed Studio's selling?

upload_2019-7-7_9-36-50.png

Working on getting a sample of that puppy!

Wakka, IanW, MLyons and 2 others like this.
  20. legoman

I did, it is indeed mighty!

Although...
    I know its a Pi3

[​IMG]

Next up, LN2 Pi clocking!