Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Here's hoping she's been given a dose of the good stuff.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still here. Waiting to see a consultant to see what they want to do. If I’m still here in a couple of hours it’s going to start getting really dodgy for me to be on the bike. But I really don’t want to go anywhere until I know what’s going on.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thinking of you both Byron, I hope you get sorted soon

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ditto @Byron C , hope you're both helped and out asap.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Hospitals suck... full of sick people...

Here's hoping the consultant can find time between rounds of golf to get el wifey sorted.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fingers crossed for a good and quick solution. Although I think the ship has sailed already for the quick part.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Any news, B? Good news, hopefully.

9. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

So, in the same week we upped the little one's daycare days, my wife has lost all of her work shifts (mental health nurse, casual) due to the project she's working on not really having the numbers to keep her on. Yay, money.

10. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

https://bank.nhsp.uk/login

Pick up bank hours, usually paying over the odds.

adidan likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

She was admitted on Friday night; well, actually she was admitted fairly early in the day on Friday, it just took a while to get all the scans, procedures, etc, she needed, and to get through all the various departments she needed to see. Needed urgent surgery to remove a prolapsed disc that was causing problems with the nerves at the base of the spine; she won't appreciate me going into detail, but suffice it to say that, left untreated, this condition can lead to paralysis below the waist. Surgery done on Saturday and the neurosurgeons were happy with how it went. There could be some lasting effects, but we won't know that for a at least a couple of weeks yet. Still needs to be in for a couple of days for monitoring and assessment.

Aaaaand now I go back to distracting myself until I can get in and see her again....

Goatee, xaser04, mi1ez and 7 others like this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

All the best and a speedy recovery!

Byron C likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Big oooof! These meatsacks are annoying at times! I hope she's feeling better soon, and that this clears up some of the original stuff!

15. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Thanks, but Australia

Kind of makes some of our other problems pale. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and good results!

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Providing guidance on seemingly anything....

Yes I can add all those extra details into the guidance document for X,Y,Z. Now how do you propose you get anyone to follow them if no one actually pushes back when they aren't followed.

I have enough issues when it comes to the issue being one of external compliance (Customs). How on earth in a practical scenario will the processes be followed if there is no compliance requirement (i.e. internal business process).

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Have been re-arranging my lounge recently and moving my other half’s desk, chair, and PC downstairs (so she doesn’t have to go up and down stairs all the time when she’s ready to start working again). Today I feel absolutely broken as a result. No more humping furniture around, can’t afford for me to be out of action at the moment.

Secondly, this happened on Saturday:

[​IMG]

Godsdamn bike key snapped off in one of the pannier locks, with the broken half still firmly stuck in the lock. Luckily there’s nothing in it, and I do still have a second pannier, a top box, and a spare key, but still… ffs… Already tried fishing it out with various needle nose pliers to no avail, and will try some of the picks from my lock picking set… as soon as I find some time…

Thirdly… The buyer of my mother’s house pulled out, jeopardising the entire chain when she really can’t afford a fourth set of purchase fees…

And finally… Had not long got back from the hospital, popped the oven on, and went for a refreshing sit down on the porcelain throne. I am still not quite done when my paranoid ba***rd ****ing fire alarms decide that the oven being on means that something is on fire. My pants are round my ankles, I am mid-way through the “cleanup”, and the skittish ba***rd fire alarms are shrieking the house down, alerting my neighbours to a non-existent fire.

I’m opening a bottle (or two) of wine tonight.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2024
  18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A case of the runs, and wanting to vomit. I blame the food I had during an all day business meeting yesterday. Always upsets me a bit for some reason. Feeling a little dizzy too.

Annoying thing is that I drank my morning cup of coffee in the hopes it would go away. Now I can't go back to bed as I'm wired and feeling crap.

I'm calling in sick when the time is more sociable.

IanW likes this.
  19. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I have some key extraction picks if you want me to send them? Can have them in the post first thing tomorrow morning.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks :thumb:. I’ll have a crack with what I’ve got here and see how I get on.