1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Probably apnoea, been referred to a sleep study. This one slowly built on me. A little anxiety, a little relief. I've been struggling mentally at work, and this could be a contributing factor as it affects concentration and memory. But also, leaves a huge unknown. Surgery? CPAP? other?

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Not knowing much about you, or wanting to denigrate, but the two people I know with sleep apnoea both developed it after putting on weight. If that's you (and I know it ain't easy) then just slowly making a few changes to eating could go a long way?

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

In part, yes that's true, but it's also not that simple from the science perspective. I have put on weight, but have also lost weight and it's made difference.

ElThomsono likes this.
  4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Fair play, hopefully the sleep clinic is successful then!

5. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’ve done a few sleep studies (for insomnia) and falling asleep on a busy hospital ward just adds to the challenge.

My partner thinks I have sleep apnea because I will often snore loud enough to make the walls shake and I stop breathing for several minutes.

All fun and games.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The smell of whatever cheap shitty tobacco or skanky ass re-rolls male parent is chain-smoking constantly making my insides wanting to be outside. And/or feeling like I've been punched in the neck...

...but whatever, not like i can get away from it and not like the selfish **** is ever gonna stop. It's just another facet off the shitfest that is life.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Welp, sleep paralysis last night, woke up gasping for breath so that was fun.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

when one of you NAS drives has been dead for 10 days and you hadn't noticed

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Looming homelessness.

After my landlord passed away last year I've been trying to buy my place. Solicitors took it over to sell on behalf of the beneficiary (his son), they appointed an estate agent and he's been terrible. He told us the place was all but sold already to an investor, so we started looking at rentals (wasting a lot of time).

Months down the line he calls me to tell me if I'm interested in buying he has a valuation for me and to keep him updated, he disappears for ages. Then I get my months notice for leaving from the solicitors which states I'm out on my arse next week. The property still hasn't been listed to the market, I am now rushing like a mad man trying to get approved for a mortgage with absolutely no promises that I will be approved, never mind in time to actually get something sorted.

The estate agents that originally dealt with this property are actually right next door to me and they're lovely, informed me that the original landlords son is a lovely bloke that would probably be happy to see it sold to me but the solicitors are refusing to pass on my information to their client.

I'm constantly compiling statements, filling in applications and phoning people, trying to find some sort of very short notice back up plan whilst trying to work full time, I'm afraid something has to give soon.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

This may be helpful

https://england.shelter.org.uk/prof..._landlord/tenants_rights_when_a_landlord_dies

Although I've just seen you're in Belfast, no idea how it works there tbh.

If it's anything like here your tenancy doesn't die with the landlord dying and you have a legal right to know who your landlord is and their contact details (it could technically be the son now).

Is there a Citizens Advice you could chat to?

It sounds infuriating, solicitors always get in the way. It sounds like if you and your landlords son could chat you'd probably be able to sort something out.

Good luck mate, keep us updated.

Canon likes this.
  11. Canon

Canon Reformed

Thank you!

Yeah I immediately went down the citizens advice route when informed the property was eventually to be sold. The solicitors took on the property and allowed me to continue paying the rent into their client account to remain in place. The problem really only arose when the estate agent (recent graduate and it shows) decided to appear with his hair slicked back and his poorly fitting suit.

If it weren't for him essentially lying to me for months about investors buying the property, even told me he had a buyer that wanted me to remain as a tenant at one point, I would have had myself sorted by now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem there's much I can do about it.

Having said that I just fired the solicitors another email to express my urgency in attempting to purchase the property and how that may be of interest to their client and now we both have record of this correspondence in writing so they may want to let their client know. I dated a solicitor once upon a time and I know exactly what's going on with them and it's infuriating.

IanW and adidan like this.
  12. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Got a call from my GP surgery to go and discuss the results of my recent MRI.

I’ve something growing on the top of my spine that’s pinching a nerve, hence the pain in my armpit and numb fingers.

Waiting for an appointment with the neurosurgeon now to see what the next step is.

Fun..

13. adidan

Hoping it's not anything nasty @DeanSUNIAIU , let us know how it goes.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hope it's something you can recover from relatively soon. As I've recently learned, nerve pain/damage is no joke.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Fingers crossed for you mate!

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Went into the office yesterday for a meeting that I was not required for and could have joined on teams anyway. But at least I got next year's forecast matching to budget to an insignificant margin. Only I didn't, because the data I had been working from was bs. Wasted an entire day plucking at threads, tweaking this and that and then having to push or pull it the other way in the next quarter because it all follows through. No it bollocks. The whole lot of it bollocks. Made more annoying because I have been saying the breakdown should determine the ending balance, not the other way round, only to repeatedly be told "that's just how they do it here", now it's "oh just get the quarterly balances right and we'll see what that takes us too. :wallbash:

However there is a silver lining....

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Powerbank has died a month out of warrenty. Damn thing got me through some scene watches thats for sure.

Didnt need the expense thia month for thst but ho hum, **** happens.

18. adidan

If kitty doesn't have a miraculous turnaround and continues to not each much and cough repeatedly after each nibble at food we're going to have to chat about that decision.

We can't have her slowly just starve to death. It's been going on for too long now. :(

It's breaking me, we've had the bundle of fluff for over 18 years...

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Aw, man. That's dredging up bad memories.

I'm feeling your pain, mate

adidan likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Never an easy decision, you have my sympathies.

adidan likes this.