1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

There is, and this is clearly it.

It'll just never feel like it is. Common sense and cold, hard logic falls short every time you try to convince yourself.

It's a shitty situation. It truly is.

mi1ez, Byron C, bawjaws and 1 other person like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thanks @David , appreciated

Edit: She's gone, very peacefully. I am broken.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2024
    DeadP1xels, IanW, Vault-Tec and 3 others like this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Very true.

It was a positive day in the end, and I think I managed to make people understand that the only goal I have is making their life easier/better while still contributing to the company's strategy.

Almost back home, completely knackered but happier than on the way to Paris yesterday.

Pete J likes this.
  4. David

Sorry, bud. I don't have the words but I wish you the strength to endure.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2024
    adidan likes this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Just finished my final interview. I think it went ok, but man, f**k job interviews.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Don't stay catless for too long, nothing like a new kitten to cheer a cat lover up...

Isitari, IanW and adidan like this.
  7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm sorry man, this sucks.

I'm an animal lover but all our pets have been the result of a very persistent partner (who weirdly doesn't really like animals all that much!)

Occasionally, I think about the prospect of getting a dog or a cat but I just can't do the loss whenever that may be. When we lost successive Guinea Pigs I was absolutely devastated despite only having them for a short while and them being significantly less lovable then any other furry creature.

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

I can understand that but that's not me tbh. I'll need time.

It'll give us chance to get another house move out of the way first, once we get settled again I'm sure I'll be ready again.

But, yeah, I can fully see why people get another one quite soon, it's so quiet and empty without the lovely furball.

perplekks45, Mr_Mistoffelees and IanW like this.
  9. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I feel for you.

It's been over a year now since our furball died, and we're still not ready to get another. The house still feels empty.

IanW and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

Thanks, yeah the emptiness isn't nice is it? Although, I can't see us getting one within the next year tbh.

Still trying to adjust, it's also all the other things. Whether it's not having to check a litter box, change food and water, seeing her face on the landing when I go upstairs or whatever.

Hell, even getting out of the shower - she used to come trotting when she heard me get out so she could get an easy clean off wet monkey hands :happy:

11. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Waiting on an appointment where some very unfortunate consultant will have to stick a camera up my...

I'll at least be able to say definitively if it's worse having a camera go up or down. The camera they shove down your throat is a hose and they think banana numbing spray makes it ok... Nope.

12. adidan

Good luck. I do hope the consultant takes you out to dinner first.

E: Hope it's nothing too serious btw

13. David

Do you think it's the same camera? Because, if so, I don't care how ****ing clean they think it is, that's not going down my throat; if it's just been up someone's arse twenty minutes ago!

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

Pfft, who you trying to kid Dave? You bloody love it.

Pete J, perplekks45 and David like this.
  15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Triggered..

Watched an instagram video from someone I had previously followed, pretence was essentially “I’m a winner, if my kids aren’t anything but first they’re getting chastised for it, 2nd place medals go in the bin”

Of course I instantly unfollowed, I don’t usually comment on much when it comes to social media but I felt compelled to get answers. They replied with a “nobody remembers loser (praying hands) ” which Is code for “I have absolutely no idea how to reply to this logical dialogue so praying hands may work.”

It genuinely scares me this is someone’s parent… some poor child is going to be ****ed up by this eejit and that’s it. Either they’ll grow to be like him or grow to hate him.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2024
    mi1ez, IanW, Pete J and 1 other person like this.
  16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Hopefully the latter. The world is already full of **** people.

17. adidan

It's also nonsense, just look up famous losers and you'll find Einstein, Newton and a whole host of others.

One type of person you never forget are dickheads and that person is certainly memorable.

Failure can be the most valuable teacher.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

IBS

The older I get, the worse my insides are feeling. Feel like I've spent the whole week holding in a massive fart that just won't shift. Can't nail down quite what's causing it either - changing diet seems to help a tiny bit, but nothing major. Wondering if I'm becoming more lactose intolerant or something. Definitely need to do some form of walking about each day though - I've been sedentary this whole week, but a visit to the shops this morning and I pretty much smashed through the front door to make it in time.

That's what I always say at work at work but they just keep going on about "needing to make a profit" and "you don't even work in this section".

IanW and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

:lol:

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I know these feels. I've recently picked up some TVP, both 'cos it's good for my diet and cheaper than the chicken I've been eating (better for the environment, too, and there's the animal welfare aspect...) and it's got me feeling bloated.

Dunno if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here, but have you tried Colpermin? It's peppermint oil in time-release capsules, and works a treat when I'm having a flare-up.

I've also ordered some cheap digestives enzyme pills, but they haven't arrived yet so I have no idea how effective they'll be - reviews are mixed!