Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Aaah sounds busy alright, although sounds like good jobs to be working on, I always love doing things like that presentation jobbie, it's nice when it's local folk that know what they want and what they need it for, I find they appreciate it that little bit more.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Oh my! Thanks for the correction, I'd just used "queue" in a text message and didn't even notice it carried into the post as well.

As an after thought, reading "also has some meanings in the computer industry" made me think of MMO login queues. That's pretty life ruining. :(

After thought #2: Depending on your perception of time, fate, and free will you could maybe, with a lot of BS theorycraft, try to say that queue would work! Think Sims style life control, Fate's queue'd up the events in my life!

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah, none of them are too bad, it's just a lot in one week. I'd planned on making some more progress with my own network project this week but I'm going to have to scrap that idea and bump it back another week or two. True what you say about working jobs like the media presentation gig. They definitely appreciate the help and always know exactly what they need. We've done work in that church before - they had been using a laptop for the presentation software and I serviced it a couple of times but they've got a new presentation package that requires a beefier machine to run, so the laptop is being retired.

Haha, MMo's. They're life ruining before you even get to word association! :D

About after thought #2... My mind = blown! :O

I just remembered something that actually is life ruining: I am waiting to hear back from the media company that we sub-contract labour and hire equipment to every year, after quoting them for use of our equipment and services for the home games of the upcoming Ice Hockey season. Their decision this time around will be based on funding that they require and have requested from the team management, and as far as I am aware that was granted a month ago, so I'm left wondering what the hold up is. If we don't get the contract I'll have no "sure thing" work for 30 full days throughout the next 7 months. That's a month's pay/turnover :/

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

does that make me an asshole if I am annoyed by the fact that none of the 5 admins/mods I sent a PM to have replied ?

yeah that most definitely does

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

PM'd when?

The mods on this site are pretty busy folk, they're not on all the time. Maybe nobody has seen your message yet.

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Depends what you PM'd them, surely?

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure you can go to your mailbox and check whether sent messages are read or unread.

Or course, there's always the possibility that someone read the message and was too busy to reply.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Unexplained loss of contact with a friend....

Im not sure why or how whether they have just deleted me or what... its kinda frustrating because

a) They MAY have deleted me for no reason (that i know off atleast...)
    b) I will never know why...
    c) If not ultimately looks like i've lost contact with the person in question

Life has a way of just kicking you in the gonads when you least expect it

I went to send them a message on facebook and it just would'nt go to there profile it would to every other person... i signed out and it went fine... checked my friends list and there not on it....

Wut?

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Trying being ignored by someone you loved. You can still contact them, but they'll never acknowledge that you exist or that you even said anything to them. You are dead to them in other words.

10. DeadP1xels

Yeh thats tough im not sure whats happened :/ like i can not think of a single thing i done wrong... she went on a trip for 2 weeks came back yesterday she was online and today nothing...

The last thing she said to me was "you can't get rid of me that easy..."

This is why im like "wtf?" i would understand if i fell out with her or something but nope :/

Not reallu sure what i should do now just go along and thats it... :S what an unusual thing to do without explaining it

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Can't find myself a 'Driver' for some help with driving a van to Liverpool to pick up a new aquarium. Is very frustrating.

Sam

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I can sum this up in one word: Women*

Seriously though, I'm kinda in the same position, at least I'm getting some contact.. a text or 2 every other day.. Started off really well, texts flying around like **** in a chimpanzee cage, but now I'm lucky to hear from her in a day :/ Ah well.. Hopefully thing's will pick up. Hop you get back in contact with them as well dude!

*Comment made in jest, just for the lulz.. no offence meant... Really..

13. DeadP1xels

Na tbh its kinda gay because it was only an online friend

But we been speaking for like 3 months now... until 2 weeks ago when she went on holiday we made fake fb accounts just for fun and then SHE asked me for my real one so she could add me with her real one

No biggie so we done that and spoke practically everyday just as mates and all.... she was talking about meeting up one day and i was kinda ok about it i was more uncomfortable because she was younger than me and im a guy.

Anyway so this has happened just out of curiousity i readded her on my old fake facebook and the same thing has happened, looked online apparently if it says "page not found" etc when logged in but you can find them when logged out then your probebly blocked.

I literally have done nothing wrong.... if anything she spoke to me more than i would to her...
    maybe she is just one of those people that just blocks people after they get tired of them.

in the personal message i put
    "Have i done something to you? you've blocked me and we were great mates before all i want to know is why? i don't expect a friend request back just a reason why would be nice."

I don't think that was too strong or weird was it? oh well won't do anything else between those two weeks of non talking she seems to have found a reason to block me. **** her

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That drives me up the ****ing wall! What's the ****ing point!? If you don't want to speak to someone don't reply to them! I find it hilarious when I see people's status' about having a 'friends' clearout, why? Is your friends list too cluttered? It's just a joke tbh.

Although knowing you've done nothing wrong and they're ignoring you is the worst. But like you said, **** her..

15. DeadP1xels

Meh i kinda wish i did something wrong >.> would make more sense and give my brain the rest
    Note to self: next time you suspect a friend is deleting you offend them before to give them a good reason

I love seeing that i always get some random person add me and do that im always like "stop adding random people then dumby!!" all i wanted is a legitamate reason why she got rid of me... literally we were really close... i mean she would deliberately email me to come on facebook so she could talk to me... all i want is

A) "You bore the **** out of me"
    B) "Im joining a cult"
    C) "Im allergic to adding males on facebook" (wait what?!)

Not just ignore me completely ugh

Anyway im depressing myself time to go post something in the awesome thread

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

this.

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

damn it , I knew I was an asshole

:hehe:

18. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Massive falling out with the gf over something small which has blown up into something big. May have ruined it all :(

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Artery in my neck blew out, clotting, causing a MASSIVE headache and a pulmonary embolism. Still sleeping off the Fentanyl. They got the clots, but new meaning of pain.

20. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Flowers, chocolate and a movie. Works like a charm every time.