Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Absolutely wrecked my toe with an elevator door.. One of he ancient metal doors that open as usual + sandal + force. It wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't about to move tomorrow and I know it's going to hurt like hell to climb the stairs all day long :D Craptacular failure.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My friend is a complete tit... he is in sheffield and told me he was going looting...

Or was he? after i told him i would be reporting him the next day with his full name and address i did'nt give a **** if he was a friend, he soon changed his mind :)

Im sick of seeing all these idiots taking advantage of a bad situation to make it worse, seriously its no excuse that you don't have a job and your thick as **** mate... god go busking if you need to

3. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

For some reason my school refuses to let incoming transfer students make up their own schedules.... I just got mine (over a week late, less than 3 weeks until the start of classes), and they have created the worst schedule I have ever seen in my life.... Now I have to wait until the add/drop period and hope to god they have something that will work for me....

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Got stopped by the police tonight for not having a front light on my bike. Was riding with just a rear as my Exposure gave up the ghost last night. Jobsworth police officer said he should really give me a £30 ticket for no front light and 2 others because my pedals don't have reflectors.

Words cannot express my anger towards such an absolute waste of space. Judging by the sirens, squad cars and fire engines going past my shop all day I'd say a lot of police officers were actually doing a good job today.

5. _Vermin

_Vermin Fallout

Let's see:
    Poor
    Broke iPod
    Have to use HDTV as monitor
    Still have a terrible generic case

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Small things:

Some little **** on ebay ( yeah I know, but anyways ) decided that despite me bending over backwards to offer help, advice, a stupidly low price and losing money on postage costs, that 4/5 stars was fine for 3 out of 4 fields, thus ruining my perfect 5/5 star feedback for all fields ( now 4.9 ). A very trivial thing in the grand scheme of things but it really pissed me off after how many questions he had asked and how much time I took to answer them. Since he has already left me positive feedback ( 'thanks'- why do people even bother leaving such crap feedback comments? ) I gave him a piece of my mind and wont be leaving him any feedback in a hurry- might leave a sarcy comment perhaps, little shite.

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My Disney ICP Romance has finished :( She headed home to New Orleans yesterday, and I have just under 3 weeks until I head back to England.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

£540 on servicing my little old Polo yesterday. Dammit - 4 new tyres. Nevermind. :)

9. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I've had a really bad stomach bug since Wednesday. I'm getting more and more dehydrated as I can't replace the fluids I'm losing fast enough. Got a horrible feeling I'm going to end up in hospital tonight :(

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Lost a really really close friend. She's still alive, I'm just dead to her. For real. Ah well.

11. ryan498

ryan498 What's a Dremel?

Ahh, got really bad hayfever :( and need to tax my car at end of this month, more money out of my wallet then :(

12. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Ignore...

Last edited: 14 Aug 2011
  13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I'm supposed to be moving in less than a week....

- I work every day until I move
    - I still need to move a substantial ammount of furniture
    - I need to finish building my desk (still needs 2 more coats of poly)
    - I need to buy lumber for, and build my bed
    - I need to seal the bed
    - I need to pack up all of my posessions and move them

Not enough time.....

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I've been terribly constipated since I quit smoking. :/

There is NO free lunch, is there?

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'm so $@#%?$#& pissed off right now

3 days ago my Razer Moray+ died. The left side quit working for no apparent reason

Just now, my CX300-II died. The left side quit working for no apparent reason

AKW.JEBTFGK IQ3TYO89Q734HT LO8Q243BTG5

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I'm currently working on a project to bring in some money, but it's going to have to go on hold for 6 months or more while I renovate a house that I'm building.

Never-mind, I'm getting a house :)

Also, the swimming pool was full of oldies this morning which made this mornings exercise that much harder.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Things have been busy around here lately - Work has been steady for the past couple of weeks after a hectic July, a friend I occasionally work for went on holiday and asked me to do a few things around his house over the couple of weeks that he's away (look after his dog and kitten, detail his car and van, paint his fence etc) and I've had plenty of administrative things to deal with as well (which I hate, but paperwork will not go away no matter how long you ignore it for :/).

I thought that would be about it for the next week or so, plenty to keep me pretty busy until close to the end of the month, but since I woke up this morning, my phone has not stopped ringing :eek: It's almost 5 O'clock now and we have got 7 new customers - one looking for a quote for 3 new office machines, one wanting a network installed in a newly built house ASAP, one looking for a new media/presentation PC for a local church before next Sunday, one local business wanting a WAP set up and finally, 4 laptops to repair, all but one of which have been delivered (I know, that's 8 jobs, but two of the laptops belong to one customer). That puts the list of "current jobs" on the board in the workshop at 15. It almost doubled in one day! The one laptop that has not arrived yet is the most urgent one and belongs to an assistant producer at a TV production company in Belfast. I have to go and pick that up this evening. Where did this all come from?! I haven't had a week this busy since... 2008 I think :eek:

It may work out that this post actually should have gone in the "What currently makes your life awesome?" thread, but somehow I doubt that I'm going to get all this stuff done on time... I'm on my own 4 out of 6 working days this week... *cringe* Looks like I'm not going to be getting much sleep this week then :rolleyes:

Mondays :sigh:

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  18. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

the mother f**king noisy neighbours next door grrr tw@'s

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My extreme paleness + prolonged exposure to sun = goofy looking sunburn.

My face and neck now range from a rosy pink where sunscreen helped a bit, to tomato red where I missed some spots or sweat washed it off. Compared to my milky white arms and legs which got no sunscreen and aren't the slightest bit burned!

Cue a couple days of inane comments from everyone I see about how fun my weekend must have been (incidentally, it was quite fun) followed by a couple days of unsightly peeling. Not fun.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Meh, I was pretty badly sunburned about the face and arms after the Foo's gig in Milton Keynes last month, but I didn't care. It may not have been quite as bad as yours kinda sounds. It turned into a nice tan after a couple of days and stayed that way for a week before starting to fade. I was wearing jeans and a tee, so it was only my face and from halfway down my bicep that was burned. No sunscreen was involved, and I was out in it from 10am until the sun went down. Just use lots of aftersun for the next fortnight, I did that twice a day until the burn was gone and it didn't peel at all.

Oh btw, you meant "Cue a couple of days..." Queue =/= Cue.

Queue: A file or line, especially of people waiting their turn. Also has some meanings in the computer industry.

Cue: Anything that excites to action; stimulus. Also has meanings relating to stage and film performances, snooker and pool.

Here to help! :thumb: