1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Short, abbreviated version of a very long, probably boring and ultimately depressing story;

Came home from work earlyish to get started on some car cleaning - it's been no closer than "mildly passable" to how clean I usually keep it all winter. Actually make that since last summer... I'm way behind on detailing and my attitude has been CBA all winter because it's pointless on our filthy roads.

Anyway, one hour into cleaning the front interior, I close the passenger side door and the manual key lock and barrel pop out of the door. "That's not supposed to happen" I think to myself.

Upon closer inspection and some epic Google fu, there's a large metal clip missing off the back of the lock barrel which I assume popped off in the relatively minor accident I had in November. It also means that it's probably been possible to open my car with a flathead screwdriver for the past 4 or more months - the only thing holding that lock barrel in place was the small amount of adhesive on the rubber seal that sits between its plastic cover and the door panel :rolleyes:

Two hours, two sore knees, a bloody finger and a dose of the cold later, the entire contents of my passenger door was on the workshop floor in pieces, and I still couldn't find the stupid clip :grr:

At that point I gave up for the night - put the lock and handle back in the door, took all of my tools into the workshop, (pointlessly) locked the car and blocked it in with my brothers car - feeble attempt at security until I can go to the dealership after work tomorrow and get a replacememt clip for the lock. Thankfully I can lock the car securely in the yard at work and nobody will go near it.

The worst part of all this is that it was a complete waste of an evening. I didn't even get to finish cleaning the interior :sigh:

[edit]

Because young people seem to love driving around in deathtrap ****boxes with illegal, dangerous and pointless modifications. They think it makes them cool. That is, until you bin it with no insurance or just straight up put it into a tree or over a hedge with your (now dead) mates in the car.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2013
  2. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

just to recap on my stupid car crash with no insurance, i never posted hoping to get sympathy, far from it! as per the last sentence of my post am i a ****?............YES!
    i hang my head in shame.

this will NOT happen again.:blush:

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

At least you admit it :)

Just make sure you get insurance! :thumb:

4. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Damnit, I've lost my headphones...

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Things off the marketplace not turning up.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Time for a lynching?

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Feeling trapped currently. In my relationship (with 2 kids), financially with a mortgage from 2007 that went down badly, in my job, in just about everything.
    No easy way out of any of this and most of it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I have no safe-haven here and no where I can relax - I'm desperately trying to stay off the booze and smokes in favour of the healthier life but the pull is almost too much..

Lottery win pending, it's going to be a long hard, mental, slog.

8. Shirty

Stick with it. Although I love my partner and our daughter to bits we are having a very hard time financially. We also rent, so have no way of saving any money.

Things have a habit of changing in ways you can't predict, and your kids will always be your legacy even if you don't make that far up the financial ladder..

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Well, if it was just financial problems that would be sound advice but we barely talk any more and the love was lost even before the new one was born.

I'm just stuck with a lot of hard decisions that need to be taken right now, that will affect not just me but the kids, and I have no real support in this. I have one mate who I can speak to honestly about it but he got his own stuff going down - my parents have had the same relationship, so we aren't close emotionally and we don't talk about this kind of stuff plus I just don't think they'd understand.
    I feel a mental weight currently and I think depression has already taken hold, I'm just ignoring it because I need to keep me job and keep going for the kids. I'd rather be anywhere else though.

10. suragh

suragh Derp

Projector lamps at work are blowing up one by one.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I had a crash on January 25th still isn't sorted, car goes back in for more work in the morning.

12. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Had to deal with my cat being put to sleep today. And then dug a grave. She was old, (20 human years!) and her kidneys had just failed. She smelled, and dribbled brown goo everywhere. But I still miss her, since she's been around longer than me, longer than my parents have been married, in fact. But such is life. It seems really weird, though. I keep hearing her, and seeing her in the corner of my eye; but alas, she is in a better place.

Young people? That's me!

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Writing up my first article for FlasH, harder than I thought it would be........

14. Scroome

Scroome Modder

That's ruining your life?

C'mon, you have 1.5 dates. That's a win win situation :)

15. Shirty

I know exactly how you're feeling.

Stay strong bro, she's not in pain any more even if you are :(

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have one date as I have yet to text the girl from work, I did spend an hour this morning texting the other girl I have mentioned. She definitely knows I am interested :thumb:

I guess when you tell a girl who has just said she looks terrible this morning, that you don't believe her you will have to find out by waking up next to her sometime ;)

17. suragh

suragh Derp

MS-DOS is a *****! :wallbash::wallbash:

18. Shirty

FTFY :lol:

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Good job bro.

Now I just want this cold to be gone!!

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Navigating this forum on a (my) phone is a pain in the arse.... Mainly because my monitor is off for rma... Still being dicked around by scan over my gpu rma...