1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Oh great, it's Judgemental Friday on Bit-tech again!

Many mirrors in your home, Gunny? :lol:

TheCherub likes this.
  2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Tundra I feel this is not about the game. As do others most likely more about your current situation.

Job seekers sucks, they can be nice if they want to be. I have had some crappy don't care advisers and some help you get somewhere types over the last few years.

I hope the rage gets sorted and Job Seekers can be binned for good soon.

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Being wait for a delivery from homebase since 3/3/2013 and what a joke trying to get hold them. Well be taking them to watchdog.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I just spent two hours on the driveway - 17:00-19:00 - changing an O/S headlight bulb in my car. What did that entail on my old (2005) Focus? A screw-off cap on the rear of the headlight body, an easily accessed, easily unclipped headlight holder, and reverse to complete. Total time taken: 5 minutes. On the Clio, it requires the removal of the headlight assembly because of the AC pipework running right along the rear of the headlight body. So, that's O/S wheel off, front portion of the wing weather guard off (good start, eh?), front bumper off, washer bottle unclipped, headlight unbolted, pulled out, bulb changed and reassemble.

I could have dealt with all that hassle just fine if it stopped there, but then I broke a wheel nut off in the hub whilst putting the wheel back on - I suspect they'd been overtorqued at the tyre centre the last time she got some new rubber and I did the damage getting it out, because it sheared with very little force on the way back in :grr:

As if I didn't have my heart set on it before, I now solemnly swear that the next car I buy is going to be Japanese.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

^%$£&^%$%&^

Damn woman.

Ok so my ex still has some of my stuff. A book and a box set as trivial as that is. I asked for it back several weeks ago and she never made up her mind when she would get them too me. I text her stating I wanted my stuff back and she doesn't reply. Untill tonight. The text I sent was Wednesday.

But apparently she has been busy with friends over from Australia I have never heard of. They exist she's mad but not that mad. Anyway she replies tonight saying I can be antagonistic and rude.

I did text her today asking her if she was ignoring me, and that I would be round Tuesday to get my stuff. If she was free to do so.

You may wonder why I didn't do that anyway. Well she likes to be in control and have things done on her terms. Specially since we broke up and fell out.

A life of being single I think is the best choice for me.

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Indeed. Forget the dvds, just move on. Not worth dragging it out. Good luck.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

We have spoken, will get my stuff back. The dvd is fine. The book is signed by the author.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Ever worked with ordnance connectors? Even worse, ever done them MILspec? Trim, twist wire, tin wire, crimp (fscking hard,) solder, reflow cause the pin is massive, 3:1 gluelined heatshrink on all four wires, 3:1 unlined over all four, lace, glue knots, trim, done. I've done half of them. All of the panel side connectors are done, now I need a panel to mount them on. I'll knock that up tomorrow. The other side the connector, is even worse. I wanted them, though.

9. Unicorn

Going way back to this - you are wasting your time and money buying panels for LCDs mate, even something as small as a 22". If the panel is gone, it goes in the bin. The only thing worth repairing on monitors and TVs is the inverter/power supply and the signal board(s). The panel is the TV, you're better buying an entire new one than putting a new panel on old electronics. It's a waste of money.

Update on this: It's going to be Monday afternoon at the earliest before I can get the hub off the car and get the broken nut drilled and extracted. I have about 80 miles to drive today and another 60 on Monday. Needless to say, I'm not exactly feeling confident about driving on three wheel nuts :rolleyes:

10. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

A minor case of gout in my finger joints. Not nice when you work in a metalshop that's often below 0 degrees in the mornings...

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Email from my insurance saying it's been cancelled. They normally give me like 3 weeks in which I get it paid. This time however just before our holiday we paid for last year when I was working. Doh

Meh I don't know anyone else paying as much as me! £300 a month for a 1.1 106 from 1992? Complete joke

12. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Had surgery on my right shoulder yesterday, i'm right handed, I cant put a shirt on yet until i cut one. Worst of all no gaming.

13. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

EA's Frankly **** poor Customer service....

That is all.

14. Unicorn

Windows Vista. Have you ever come across such a ridiculous, farcical load of bull**** in your life?

Fresh Vista HP 32 install won't install any updates automatically. Why?! There is no good reason why I should have to handhold this PoS operating system through every single update when it's a fresh install.

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Cleanboot it through MSConfig to ensure smooth driver install, and make sure to check the WindowsUpdateLog for the infamous 0x80070490 error which will mean you have to reinstall it.

16. Unicorn

I know about those, no 0x80070490 error in the log and I've been attempting to install everything after a clean boot, still not working. I'm totally fed up with this :rolleyes:

17. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

ordered 2x Dell U2412M Monitors however there's a delay in the order while the shop gets stock. As long as they come soon as I have freelance work to do and it will speed things up a lot once they're here.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Sliced off a fairly large portion of my left middle finger. It's superglued together, but there's gonna be pretty nasty scarring, as well as destruction of a lot of nail bed. Upshot?

I did it carving my own bow out of a stave of red oak. My beard is tingling in anticipation.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I've gained an unacceptable amount of weight (5 Kilos). And it's not muscle.

Time to hit the Gym!

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

David Cameron and/or George Osborne.