1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"Hyperoptic is not yet servicing that building," which is a shame 'cos £63 for phone and 1Gb/s broadband would probably be do-able.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah, you can join the club then. My Virgin Media service has been in the same position since yesterday morning.

Not quite as mission-critical for me as it is for you, but I'm feeling pretty ill at the moment and being able to work from home would make things a *lot* easier for me.

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

SSRI withdrawls.

Basically my psychiatrist screwed up the paperwork on my meds, leaving me without any for 3 days. I was managing (horribly horribly depressed, but I could at least act like I was OK) until last night when I hit a stage where I needed to hurt myself, and then that was followed by one where my brain just stopped working. Couldn't concentrate, couldn't navigate, couldn't math (none of which are good when you drive for a living) and finally gave up and called someone to come get me. Mom was able to get me some meds this morning by paying out of pocket since the paperwork still isn't fixed, but I'm still too messed up to go to work.

This is probably the worst I have ever felt (and that's saying something), and knowing that it is at least partially due to someone else's incompetence really doesn't help.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Which SSRI? Is it Zoloft (Sertraline) per chance?

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Unfortunatly, no.

It's a rather obscure drug called Viibryd which isn't on anyone's formulary. About a year ago we had to go through a huge hassle to get my insurance (Medicaid) to approve it. Unfortunatly, when I switched pharmacies it meant that we have to go through the whole process over again. I called my prescriber last Wednesday to let her know which pharmacy I would be using going forward, but she apparently didn't get the message. When I dropped the prescription off Thursday the pharmacy called her for the pre-authorization information. She called me Saturday to confirm which pharmacy, but didn't actually return the paperwork until yesterday afternoon.

If it was something common like Sertraline than I would have no problem getting it filled, but...

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

A business class connection is not going to be much better to be honest, at least not if you live more than a mile from your exchange.

The reliability might be better and potentially the time to get a engineer out to fix it should be better on a business grade connection.

However iirc even the BT Business connections are subject to the same issues with speed and reliability as the BT residential connections.

When it comes to other suppliers I cannot say for sure but I am fairly confident that Hyperoptic will only be 1Gb within the UK, and possibly up to 300Mb out of the country for that price and that is based of my experience of dealing with business class connections in my previous employment.

Virgin Media offer different business class connections, those on fibre and those using a coax cable like the residential connections.

The fibre connections are not subject to speed or reliability issues like the residential type business connections but they do cost quite abit more.

The fibre connections can provide 1-1 ratio for upload and download speeds, but the coax type connections are iirc 10-1 ratio just like a normal residential connection.

7. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

That's really blows man. I can't even imagine.

The same thing almost happened to me last week - totally my fault though. I didn't know the prescription can only be redeemed for a few days before it expired. My psyciatrist kept her office open for an extra hour just to get me a new prescription when I called in panic. :jawdrop:

8. Vault-Tec

I was talking to my friend the other day (he's been really poorly) and he said how crap Obamacare was.

I hope you get it sorted though man.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You want to read some of the stuff I have read on the throat cancer group I belong to on Facebook. Even with insurance it is still hit and miss the treatment you will get or rather what the insurance company will agree to pay for. The NHS is pretty crap at times but god forbid we ever go the American route for health care.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's the reliability and time-to-fix that I'd be looking to improve, here.
    That'd be 'only' 13 times faster than my current connection for in-UK stuff (so, all my work stuff, then) and 4 times faster for out-of-UK stuff. That sounds pretty good to me!
    No Virgin cables up my street, so that's a no-go.

Waiting on delivery of a new router from Amazon (Netgear Nighthawk something-or-other) to see if it's the HomeHub that's deaded.

11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Absolutely trivial, but 1, I say again 1, network cable short to complete the wired network.
    Having never thrown any cables away I have come up 1 short, frickin typical. Didn't even need to be a long one, just one of the ones you get with routers/modems when you get a new internet provider would've done - bah.

12. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

connecting all my fans to my h100 2 from it and 2 from a zalma all in one. Less then an 2mm from the furthest fan :(

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

cars leaking fluid everywhere again!

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've been ill the last couple of days. Since Tuesday my broadband has been up and down more than the underwear of a person with loose morals, and apparently will be like this for another week. I can't work from home (due the broadband situation) and had to take sick leave today. Except I had stuff to finish before the long bank holiday weekend and therefore had to use a crapton of my hotspot data allowance on my phone in order to get it done. I don't even want to discuss the effect my illness is having on my backside. My kitchen blinds broke earlier. Right after the blinds broke I banged my head on the low ceiling in the cupboard under the stairs. While clutching my head and stumbling round I trod on an errant cat turd that had been kicked out of the full litter tray I was about to clean.

Can I use a mulligan for today, please? Actually **** that, can I just have my broadband fixed now, please? That's all I want right now, I'll be happy with that, I'll stop complaining if my broadband gets fixed.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Poundland. I still have a couple 10m cables from my last trip there.:thumb:

16. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Kronos is very generously sending a short one in my direction :)
    But I will try and remember that for whenever I need some ridiculously long ones...

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

you might want to change your diet if your farts are shredding window coverings.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Tapping thread holes into an aluminium block to mount my D5, with ever-so-slightly off measurements.

Cutting Mayhems glass tubing. Shattering Mayhems glass tubing.

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Which sector of society links morality to the amount of sex you have? If sex is immoral we're in trouble.

20. Vault-Tec

Getting up at 7am because you know your postman can turn up any time between 7:30 and 11, then realising at 11:30 that it's Good Friday and the b-tard isn't coming.

*fumes* :D