1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who else is a ***** when it comes to hot weather??

Discussion in 'General' started by stuartpb, 23 May 2010.

1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I am sat here at my PC, in my shorts, and sweating like a pig on a spit. As much as I enjoy the summer, I have never been able to handle the heat very well. When we take the kids on holiday abroad, I am the one who's sat in the shade while everyone else is soaking up the rays. This mini heatwave we are having is too hot for me. I really am a wimp when it comes to hot weather. I love the warm spring days, when there is a nice breeze and it's just warm enough to wear a t-shirt.

Anyone else afflicted in this way? Or am I the only person here who comes back off holidays whiter than before I went?:D

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im always the one in the shade aswell.

Its been seriously hot here today, ive spent a few hours outside in the shade with a beer and my feet in the little 'uns paddling pool. But ive had the patio doors open and the front door to get a nice breeze through the house while im inside

I dont mind it hot, but its a little too hot atm for me.

3. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Me too. I prefer a mild day to a really warm day!

I once went on holiday to Fuerteventura (known to be quite hot as it's that little bit closer to the equator ^^) and whilst I enjoyed the holiday overall, it was so warm (even at night) that when I got back to Wales (raining, freezing, etc) I was actually happy with the weather :hehe:

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Same here, I can't handle the heat at all.
    As grumpy and mean-spirited as it sounds, I'd gladly take a cold Winter's day over a sweltering summer day.

Being this warm is fine at the beach, in a pool, when surfing, whatever. Being this warm when just trying to get through a normal day in humid Ireland is just disgusting. :duh:

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It's not even Summer yet and I want it to be Winter again.

6. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Glad I'm not on my own then:thumb::D

Skiing anyone??

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I can handle hot weather as long as I'm not charged with doing anything cerebral. My brain doesn't work when it's hot, although everything else continues to.

Right now, for example, I need to revise and I can't focus for love nor money (not that I'm being offered either, but it's just an expression). Always makes me wonder why exams are all held smack in the middle of summer.

8. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Aghhh, I never thought about that. I'm starting the second year of my degree in Sept. I was lucky that we had no exams this semester. It's going to be my worst nightmare if I get stuck in an exam room in weather like this next year.:worried:

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It weeds out the weaklings and leaves only the strong GRAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

10. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I loathe cold, so I prefer hot days over really cold ones :D

25C beats 30+C weather, though. I like being able to still wear something while outside without toppling over from instant dehydration. On top of that I have really light skin, so with a lot of sun it takes ~10 minutes for me to start turning red :(

11. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I think its more case of if you burn well, you enjoy the sun, like me :)

My brother-in-law on the other hand, who is ginger (sorry strawberry blonde :)) goes like a lobster within a few minutes.

12. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I tan pretty well, except for the bald spot on my head. I got burned so badly once (due to me stupidly not wearing a hat), that the bald spot ended up blistering and then crusting up something chronic. It looked like I had stuck cornflakes to my head. Painful!!

13. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I hate hot weather. On the other hand, though, cool/cold weather is quite awesome.

14. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

It is silly.

I had an exam a few days ago (Friday) when the hot weather had just started.

It was a massive exam hall (was in a gymnasium), and it was really warm. They opened all the (external) doors but even then it's pretty annoying to do an exam in the warm.

15. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

The sun... IT BURNS, IT BURNS!!!

Can't be out of the shade for more than a couple of minutes before I start to feel like somebody has shut me in an oven. To make it worse, where my computer is the roof is black, and on the side of the house with the sun all evening, so it's around 35ºC in here, and it won't cool back down until around 9:30pm.

No doubt I'm a winter person, until recently anything above 5ºC was t-shirt weather, but after loosing a fair amount of weight thats gone up to 15ºC, anything above 25ºC though and I'm useless.

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

If I had to do an exam in direct sunlight I think I'd die. It's bad enough trying to Fence in full body outfits without sweating like a pig but add into the equation high humidity air wafting in from the swimming pool next door and 25 degrees outside, my shirt was still damp the next morning...

...That's bearable, sitting with the sun on my back for more than 2 minutes is pure torture.

17. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I have to squint in strong sunlight, and that's even on a sunny winter's day. It makes me look like I am scowling sometimes, so I get called a miserable bugger frequently in the summer:D

18. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

**** you winter loving, heat pussies! Go work on the roofs or open building sites for a few winters then you'll appreciate the summer!

Aviators, ice lollies, flip flops and shorts over woolly hats, bowls of nuclear hot soup, doubled up socks and long johns ANY DAY OF ANY WEEK OF ANY YEAR OF ANY DECADE OF ANY CENTURY OF ANY MILLENNIUM.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

And you know it's not so much the heat as it is the gosh darn humidity
    You know dat

You know when you sit there in the bed and you're just sweaty you know and you go to reach for the water on the nightstand and ya slide right out of bed, and the wife says
    "stop making so much noise you're waking me up, go to sleep"

20. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I sweat like a bitch.

Don't mind the sun though, my arms and face are almost impossible to burn, the rest of me stays covered up though (I'm not a shorts/flip-flops person).

And yes, skiing in the snow > anything in summer.