1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Why you should avoid "closed loop" water cooling.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlienwareAndy, 4 Jul 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Was waiting for a mod to respond to this thread but did not expect Nexxo to come out with that, I nearly fell out my chair

edit: Is Silky the OPs 2nd account or his friend backing him up??

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Oh please, just put those components in some distilled water. What would you prefer: having a chance to save your stuff, or have it all be destroyed for certain.

Why are you talking about putting your components in water all the time btw, you're supposed to put them in distilled water. Enormous difference.

I bet you probably even told CD that CoolIt told you to "put my computer parts in water. Freakin' WATER! Yeah I know, they're nuts right?" or something like that. No wonder they agreed.

Except CoolIt didn't, they asked you to put them in DISTILLED water, which is a commonly used product to clean computer components, especially in cases exactly like this one.

It's like you're leaning on the railing of a boat and you notice it's quite wobbly, but you've been on boats before and know that this can happen. Still, you yell at some crew member, telling him that the railing you're leaning on is quite unsteady. He doesn't really respond and walks away, off to do his own business. You remain alone with the wobbly railing and continue leaning on it for a while.
    Suddenly, the railing snaps and you tumble down into the water.
    Alerted by your screams, a crew member throws you a lifebelt yelling "Here, hold this!".
    Your response: "Haha, **** no, I can sue you for millions if I drown!"

EDIT: Whoops, didn't refresh the thread for a while...
    I am zen.
    Uuuummmmm...

Last edited: 5 Jul 2012
    fuus likes this.
  3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

How about learning how to spell before you go around being the narcissist?

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, I see that the relaxation breathing exercise does not work for everybody. Let's try aversive conditioning. The next person to take a confrontative tone gets a 24-hour ban, OK?

5. AlienwareAndy

Another crap analogy and another useless post. Nice one.

Sadly though you're completely wrong. I have already spoken to a solicitor and my case is pretty much open and shut.

So personally I don't really care what you would do, as it doesn't matter.

6. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I suspect a mixture of naivety and absentmindedness caused by feeling bereaved. EDIT: I don't mean to patronise or suggest you are "young and unwise."

I don't think this really deserved the calls of "you are an idiot". I do think this person might have done well not to assume that a weird noise was ok... but then I ask myself: Would I have known it wasn't to sound like that? I've never owned one... I am likely, if no other alternative presents its self, to use the product until hearing back from the company and to be honest, for a closed loop system, I would expect compensation for this.

Actually, I'm surprised that it isn't one of the reasons you would buy one of these over the diy approach. I would steer clear more from them than before knowing they don't really achieve why the average user wanting to take the plunge would buy them.

I don't think any of you should be doing anything but lambasting this company and in fact all coolers like this; if the state of their warranty does not include damage caused by water and negate the probability and potential losses associated, why buy one and suffer from it?

I agree that they'd be open to fraud and subject to some less than reputable claims, but the reality is you bought a "closed loop" system. It just shouldn't open.

7. AlienwareAndy

Yeah. Ban the poor sod who is trying to warn fellow PC users that a product sucks, then defending himself when people call him all sorts of names and give him all sorts of crappy analogies.

Right on !

You know, I remember the days when Bit tech used to warn people about rubbish products in their magazine. Come to think of it, they still do !

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yes, but it doesn't get into slanging matches with people who don't agree with its assessment.

Mind the closing doors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.