1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 11 Mar 2006.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ARGH! It feels like someone is taking a hammer to my face. I havent slept cause my whole head is numb :(
    Ive tried taking paracetamol 500mg and paracetamol/aspirin tablets together (two types of painkiller are better than 1) and it gives me about 10 minutes relief before it picks up again. I cant buy codene/paracetamol over the counter :(

If anyone has some advise other than "see a dentist" I'd be grateful. Im some way down the list to have them whipped out on the NHS (only 2/4 have erupted yet), and my dentist/quack are back in Cardiff.

2. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Well........You could always slam your arm in a car door a few times. The pain from that should take your mind off of your teeth........

I didn't say it was good advice.......

Plus, the pain killers they give you for the arm should work for your teeth too.... :D

On a serious note, Have you tried going to the doctor? He/She might be able to give you something to help.

3. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I remember when my mum had her wisdom teeth out, she was laid up for literally 2 weeks, couldnt do anything! I'f i was you i'd go see a doctor or something, seriously.

4. Altron

Altron Minimodder

There's got to be some painkiller addicts in your town, go see if they'll hook you up with Morphine or Vicodin. With the current prices of medecine subscriptions, it has to be cheaper than getting them from the doctor. :p

I had a Vicodin prescription when I got mine out... hardly hurt at all. Just kinda sore, like if you chewed gum for like an hour. The worst part is how your jaw can barely move and you can't eat real food for like a week.

5. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

Get aspirin & codeine mixed tablets, boots sell em over the counter. Ive always found paracetamol to be pretty naff :)

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I thought the mods had banned all these bitching & whining posts. Grow up, man, have a cold shower. :brrr:

7. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Havent read through the whole thread but I am gonna reply to the first post.

If your wisdom tooth is giving you pain it could be pericoronitis - inflammation of the gums around it - for that use walm salt water rinses every few hours and corsodyl mouthwash at night before you go to sleep.

If its the tooth - take some painkillers and see the dentist - you might need antibiotics. The best way to take painkillers is take a paracetamol and nurofen every 6hrs - dont take them together. Take one type now and another 3 hrs later - the same type again 6hrs later and so on. Make sure you do not exceed the maximum dosage.

If the pain is from the tooth - you could try putting some clove oil on it. If from gums you could try bonjela as it does have some mild anaesthetic effects.

if anyone disagrees dont flame me. Im a dental student and what I have written is what we are taught.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is not a bitchin post, it's a seeking advise for a bitchin problem post.

codene/aspirin at boots. Shame this town is so ****** it doesnt have a boots :(

9. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

get yourself to a doctor/dentist and get them to pescribe you some DF118's. ive had them in the past and they really knock out the pain, i used them for absesses. they really are a winner, but they do make you drowsy so driving isnt a good idea whilst taking them mate, and you will find it hard to concentrate too. but they do get rid of the pain like nothing else ive used. and doctors/dentists seem to be quite happy to give them out too, all i had to do was ask my dentist and he did it straight away

10. Strategy

Strategy Banned

Nurofen Plus, get a few packs, crush them up, whack the powder in some cold water, stir it for awhile, filter it off, discard the bits in the filter. Drink down the water, wait ~ half an hour. Enjoy. Codine. Mmm

11. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Be very careful how much of what kinds of pain killers you are taking. Don't want you to get paracetamol poisening now.

12. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

isnt codine chemical herroin/crack?

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

codiene is a morphiate, yes. Crack as in cocaine is entirely different. Heroin, Morphine and Codiene (plus others) share a similar chemical backbone and vary very little (literally between one and two functional groups or how a functional group faces: up or down).

The difference between codiene and morphine is simply a methyl (CH3) group

14. ZincteK

ZincteK Minimodder

i have the same problem! its killing me at the moment they are growing out my face!

15. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

You should be able to get Co-Codamol (8mg Codeine/500mg Paracetamol) or Paramol (8mg Dihydrocodeine/500mg Paracetamol) over the counter from your local pharmacy. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to?

Throw in some Ibuprofen for a classic NHS style pain-killer stack.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ok ill try the local pharmacy. I didnt think you could buy any form of codiene and you needed a prescription.

17. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

OMFG, I feel your pain man. I haven't slept in over 36 hours now because the pain is so bad now. But mine is from where my wisdom tooth was impacted and they pulled the one infront of it and my wisdom tooth erupted. Not long after that the enamel pretty much disentigrated from where it was rotting away under my gum (I reckon).

Was eating something yesterday and it gouged into that bare tooth and I can't stop the pain. No dentists are open on Saturday so I can't even get it pulled today. :( I've pretty much been whimpering from the pain all day and I have a high tolerance for pain.

So far I've gone through a bottle of liquid orajel and a tube of oragel and about 3 trays of ice cubes. Put the ice cubes NEAR the pain and keeping my entire mouth cold seems to help them best but direct cold makes me want to kill myself.

Hope you get yours taken care of bro.

18. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

You can buy low dosage (8mg) codeine in combi pills (usually with paracetamol) OTC, but larger dose combi pills (30mg codeine, e.g. Solpadol) and codeine-only pills are prescription only medicines. As far as I know, anyway.

19. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

I've got some paramol, which are codine/paracetamol based if you want me to pop them in the post for you. I hardly take them cos their the strongest you can get without perscription.

Your need is greater than mine IMO..

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

bloodcar: get yourself down the hospital NOW before it gets infected.

MM: dont stress. Apart from that being illegal ;) Im surviving on normal pills now as long as I dont move my mouth much.