1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU You Guys Said My CPU Was Too Hot Right?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DorkSterr, 21 Jan 2009.

1. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

I used this IntelBurnTest (5) runs, what temps do you get?

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

around 75. i think it's because of your case, with better upper exhaust.

3. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Well now I'm getting to mid 70's to mid 80's 3.6GHz would you recommended this? And is the 200MHz worth the 10-20 boost of degrees Celsius?

4. wyx087

IMHO no, unless you feel laggy in some games and really need those 200Mhz. but otherwise stick with 3.4Ghz. it is perfectly fine for all games i've tryed.

5. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Hey dudes!

Okay I was wondering if adding another fan to the Thermalright 120 (one on each side) decrease the max temperature of the CPU/Cores? I get a maximum of 75*C on all four cores on IntelBurnTest (5Runs). I mean how can something be so good at it's job and get even better.

6. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

It will decrease the temps more because there will be more airflow over the heat spreaders (fins). Make sure you put them in a push/pull configuration (meaning they're blowing air in the same direction) and you should see better performance.

It's a great CPU cooler, and for the money you can't really beat it. I'd take it over liquid cooling, as far as cost / *C drop goes, any day of the week.

7. wyx087

if you want to do push-pull, try to get the same fan, for example, 2x Noctua P12 will give you the best result for noise and airflow. (but they are one of the most expensive fans out there)

you can also try 2 Yate Loon fans, these are dead cheap, a little less airflow, a little more baring noise, but for its price, it's gold