Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

The HTPC case my sister chose has went up in price since being restocked at CCL leaving me flat broke and she still needs a WiFi card and a set of speakers......FFFFUUUU

edit: wrong thread, I need to go back to bed.

2. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

OMFG, you work for the Black Library?! You are my new friend.

[ joking ]Any chance you can get them to reprint the single Felix and Gotrek books, and the Gaunts Ghosts books?[ /ok, maybe not so joking]

Is that cabinet full of Forgeworld shinyness?

I do has /envy...

Joe

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh I see, I didn't know what the Black Library was until now, I have no knowledge of Warhammer at all.

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have all the original Gaunt's Ghosts books :D. I also have the Ultramarine books, the Inquisitor Eisenhorne and Ravenor sagas as well as the Ciphas Cain and Last Chances novels, all great reads.

5. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

So I haven't posted an update to my desk at home, but here's my office at work :p
    Ok so not just MY office, but this is our NOC where I work :lol:

[​IMG]
    Here's a picture looking in from the door (That's Jamie in the background :p)

[​IMG]
    Here's looking back towards the door.

TVs are for monitoring mail servers, PSAP sites, our FLUKE Netflow, a couple of alarms monitoring programs, our CTC for our transport services and our MPLS network :)

Edit: Server rack in the second pictures houses our three Niagra servers for ITV streaming and video-conferencing services that we also provide and the two Knox routers for controlling the input/output of the DVRs and recording boxes that output to the TV on the far wall. We have it split into for screens so we can record/stream 4 conferences at once.

Working for a Tier 1 provider is fun :D

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This is just my Crush 30R, which is still a little beast. 10" Celestion and a proper spring reverb. Yes please.

I'm SO SO SO SO SO tempted to try and pick up a second hand 5150 or maaaybe if I can find one cheap enough a Single Rectifier on eBay and then hook it up to the Orange 2x12" i bought a few weeks back because it was too good to pass up.

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

You are making me jealous again Mankz.

I am still rocking out an old MG30 which was my brothers. Though tbh I play so badly I don't think I could do anything better any justice. But I have fun regardless. Drums are my main instrument so I don't feel too bad being awful on guitar.

8. Unicorn

There are no good reasons not to. Only a thousand good reasons to do it! If you get half a chance, jump on the 5150 and have it covered orange Mankz! That would be such a sweet setup with the 2x12 :D Better yet, you might be able to get one second hand or even brand new in an orange casing to match the cab - I think guys have custom built them like pretty often that in the past.

*more drool*

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I reckon I could quite easily do it myself. Good old orange tolex. Laaarve it.

The 5150 does make me quite happy in the pants. Oh, and the 2x12" has Celestion Vintage 30's. Te he.

OOOH. LOOKY. ME WANTY: http://monkeydream.com/led_bar_sale.html

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Jan 2011
    October likes this.
  10. Unicorn

Oh I'm definitely putting one of those on our new audio rack for the arena when I build it. 10 minutes before face off/game time, they turn the lights off and light the crowd up with spotlights. Unless I have a flashlight on me (which I always do anyway) I can't see what I'm doing to adjust levels etc :p

11. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    older picture, led backlight in action.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2011
  12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

clean. Me likes

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Do you run your K702s through an amp or just straight from your Xonar?

14. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

right now i'm using the soundcard, no amp yet :( but that'll change in a month... (i couldn't afford to buy both amp & dac at once so i decided to wait a little bit more)

[​IMG]

Yulong A100 & Yulong D100

15. automagsrock

So here's a few more pictures of what I play with at work :)

[​IMG]
    Bad pic, but this is the four-monitor setup for controlling our three Niagra servers

[​IMG]
    Picture of our CO

[​IMG]
    Another picture of our CO

16. Unicorn

What is your job title if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to get into your CO for a day and tidy those racks up a bit! :p Nice setup all the same.

17. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

System Admin i'm guessing?

18. Unicorn

Well I can think of several jobs that he might have working in a place like that, mainly I'm wondering what all that hardware actually does. When you said "Niagra servers" did you mean "Niagara servers" as in Sun MS hardware?

19. automagsrock

Nah I'm just a lackey NOC technician is all. Nothing fancy as a Sys Admin. I do grunt work (take calls for downed circuits we provide, troubleshoot video conferencing issues and do over the phone support for our PSAP/E911 customers) and stare at 20 TVs to watch for when things break :p

And as far as the Niagra servers go:
    Different type. We use them to record and stream video conferences. We have three of these:
    http://www.viewcast.com/products/niagara-systems/niagara-8224

And yeah the racks are a bit messy. I'll have to get pics of our CO-LO we have in Billings, Montana. It's a little nicer looking :D

Spaceballs the Edit: Most of the hardware in our CO is switches, routers and then you can see our TMON alarms monitoring boxes. We have another CO located north of Great Falls, but I don't have any pics of it. We have a SAN, one of the 7609s, more routers and switches, our Barracuda Spam servers, a few firewalls and God knows how large of a battery back-up up there. We also have a few wireless towers and some Satellite connections at our secondary CO north of town as well.

Edit the second: Here's some pics from the CO-LO. Borrowed from co-workers Facebook page :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of three 7609s we have on our MPLS and SONET network.

Not too fancy, but for a Montana-based company it's pretty decent :)

Last edited: 18 Jan 2011
  20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

are you sure you're allowed to post that ?