1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding ZapWizards' INSANE ideas, and ORIGINAL idea's you don't have the money/knowledge for.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 21 Oct 2002.

1. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

Forgot where I saw this zap but I think it was in Maximum PC or PCMagazine. Product was in development stages and what about the size of a zippo lighter which when on displayed a red colored laser diagram of a keyboard on a flat surface and reacted when you pressed a key by using sensors of some sort... really nifty ill try to find the link again

2. Darkness

Darkness What's a Dremel?

I been thinking about doing something like this:

Paint a case black,
    Cover the window (on the inside) in black Limo window tinting,
    Paint a design on a case window (on top of the tinting) using UV reactive invisible paint,
    install a couple of UV cathodes and some regular cathodes,

Put them on a sound sensitve circuit that switches between the regular and UV cathodes.

OR

Put in a cathode throbber to fade between.

so when the UV is on you can only see a logo and when the normal cathodes are on you can see the components but not the logo.

3. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Something like this?

4. Deymos

Deymos What's a Dremel?

what about this:

buy one of that stoopid xmas trees with eyes and mouth that sings xmas clasic songs (dunno what its name is)
    chop away all the fake branches
    connet it to the parallel port and use it to inform you when you get mail or so....

5. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

NO NO NO, I said in the post similar to "virtual keyboard" product But this would be the same size as a real keyboard, made out of plexi, but with lasers crossing where keys would normaly be. You type by breaking the laser beems. Not a laser projected keyboard.

6. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

LMFAO!!! :lol:

7. TheOnlyAndromeda

TheOnlyAndromeda Duh, what's a dremel?

Stole my idea . I want to do please give me info on how to do to clie without harm.

8. ZapWizard

Really it is a matter of just mounting the PDA into the case.
    Quite a few people have done it as a internal docking station.
    :search:

But I would like to see someone actualy use it as a stats display when docked.

9. TheOnlyAndromeda

TheOnlyAndromeda Duh, what's a dremel?

I meant that I wanted it to be a stat display LCD when I dock it.:rolleyes:

10. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

about the KB, seems doable, but maybe as a grid instead.... Witht the staggering a notmal KB has, there is too much possibility of braking more than one beam. Maybe some sort of flex plate with reeds below it to break the beams woud work better. I think it may be time to mess with some of those CD-ROM pickups I have from dead drives. If the laster and the photodiode are two seperate parts, maybe I can come up with a basic demo.
    /me begins scrounging through the scrap parts bin....

11. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

4 words:

four point surround headfones.

if got a decent pair of koss/radiosh@ck with 40mm drivers for the front(baby stepped on em and busted the band) .. need a decent set of 25mm or so for the rear, and a pair of huge arsed 70's style headfones to house it all ...

thinking maybe helocopter pilot style fones ...

i think it would be great to play tribes2 and hear the fools that keep shocklancing me to death before they get me without keeping the whole apartment complex awake doing it.

12. ZapWizard

Do you mean a set of these?
    http://www.zapwizard.com/headphones

I built that set years ago.

And yes those ARE Koss 40mm Titanium Diaphram speakers :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Altron

Altron Minimodder

One time I taped a pair of 3" woofers to my head. That weren't good headphones.

How are those terminated? two 1/4" plugs irght?

My reciever has holes for two 1/4" plugs for front and rear headphones. Where are you plugigng them into (DD decoder, computer, reciever, walkman... ?)

14. ZapWizard

Read my website.
    http://www.zapwizard.com/headphones

I can either plug them directly into the sound card (Via 1/4" to 1/8" adapters)

But what they really shine on is Dolby Digital, in which I plug them into a hand built mixer.

15. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

damn zap ... that just made me moist ...

that had to be about the only thing on your site i hadnt read before ....

i just tried to look up what model my drivers are from ... couldnt find em on RS or koss websites ... they look like koss 65B w/o the mic ... and foam earcups instead of pleather ...

</ramble>

i need to build a switch box ... i just have 2 8' 3.5mm TRS extensions (m to f) running from my audigy's front and rear outs up to a sticky cable clip on my desk, and the green/black cables from my cambridge 1800's plugged in there ...

I just pull the green one and plug in my headfones ... but i want the fones plugged in all the time, with a switch to kill the speaker outs and enable the fones with a bit of extra impedance ( i have to turn the volume down and switch from 4 spk to headfone in the creative mixer every time) ... i just dont have the spare time or electronic confidence to pull it off gracefully.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2003
  16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I modded my headphones to have the wires all come out of my left ear (yes, they come out idfferent ears when you go for the $30 model) and soon I am going to throw on a 1/4" plug.

I highly reccomending using telephone (stereo headphones) or Cat5 (4-channel headpones) for it, they work nicely and keep all the wires together.