1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

This. Want to make a decent multiplayer shooter? Do your best to put everyone on the same level, not like BFBC2 where it's like a see saw made from 1/2 concrete / 1/2 paper

2. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

[​IMG]

MoH hud anyone?

Suppose it could just be a placeholder.

3. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I'll laugh if it feels just like BC2 of MoH. Same game anyways.

Gonna need a bit more than some crappy magazine screens to get excited. What's going to set this game apart from other FPS games?

4. carpetmonster

carpetmonster What's a Dremel?

Let's have a hit system similar to BFBC2 where you can kill people with one shot and NOT the system in BF2 where you can shoot someone in the head with an M95 and they shrug it off.

Making tanks blow up with machine guns is also a no no.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Oh hurf durf, feeling mighty stupid right now :duh: For me the BC2 was the first BF-game I've played, so it's confusing... Excuses, excuses, I was just tired :p

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'd like to be able to defib kill someone :D

those screens look epic. scenery a bit too CoD-like and Crysis-like visually. perhaps that's a good thing?

let's just hope they bring in some Mirror's Edge colour. don't want another brown shooter.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

That's one of the reasons I prefer 'vanilla' BC2 over Vietnam, the grainy, s***-brown effect that Vietnam has makes it boring to look at. BC2 has a sufficient amount of colour to make it pop out a little.... especially those Red berets that just yell "aim here" :D

8. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

9. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Wow :| Might need a upgrade then / pray to god I can run it and it looking fairly nice on a phenom II quad and a GTX 275 :p

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Don't you remember BF2 coming out? The graphics were amazing for the time too, and that game turned out fine.

Well, besides the horrible shooting.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Bingo

BC2 had great potential but it was ruined by terrible execution

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Wat. BC2 is solid, and it's what it was meant to be: BF streamlined to fit on a console.

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Last edited: 8 Feb 2011
  14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

with the arrows on the article scan, i still don't get what are the balls are for, in the back alley image.

just wish there's a clearer version of the scan....

Destruction 3.0, that'd be interesting, and LOLOLOL at consoles pathetic 24 player limit.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

That Map pack/HAWG is mounted faaaar too low on his vest, which I think is a CIRAS. Apart from that, looks shockingly good.

I also love the way they have barely scraped the Oakley branding off those gloves, I am sitting with mine infront of me now and you can still make out the 'O' on the wrist it's just been de-coloured. Even the rubber grip marks on the wrist fastener are perfect. He can hear through his cheekbone, he's pro.

Oh, debranded MBUS sights on the AR there aswell :p

16. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

out of curiosity... what was an average player's ping in bf2 when playing on a 64-man server? because i always get a ping between 150 and 200 on bc2 when i'm on a 24-man server. i don't even bother with 32 because of how high it will soar.

Also, while the screens do look nice, i wouldn't count this as a day 1 purchase. DICE seem to make quite a few promises they can't keep for the pc platform. BC2 took months to patch up properly for silly things and they dropped support for BF 1943 and the onslaught add-on for bc2 on pc. a video will convince me more but thanks for the uploads anyway OP.

17. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+ rep to the OP, nice find! I will definately be upgrading for this, but first I need to change my underwear...:worried:

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

the ping is not you normal CSS ping ect or what ever ping reading... so you cant really trust what it says on BC2 about ping.... just go by the server ping in the server browser and you will be fine... never get any lag in 32 player servers.

Also this will defo be a pre-order of the limited addition as it comes with a free day 1 expansion pack. and as for patching, this game has been in dev longer than BC2 even started, and is also like it says in the scans have over twice the size dev team on BF3 than the whole of BC2

19. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Move aside Crysis 2, BF3 is coming.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Fixed

anyone know if GameInformer comes out in the UK? i want a copy

1000th POST!!!