1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

http://images.gamersverse.com/misc/1297141769371.jpg
    Looks like the balls are light probes (see the box on the bottom-right); still not really sure how the system works though.

wyx087 likes this.
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's a terribly made game that could have been much better than it is. This has already been discussed and I have justified my point of view thoroughly in the appropriate thread last spring. It's an acceptable game that could have been a great game had it not been botched and released too soon.

With that said though, I am still eager to try BF3. I only hope they (including EA) learned their lesson and won't release the game too soon like they did with BF2, BF2142 and BC2. I doubt it however.

3. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

The only game I'm looking forward to, if it turns out crap then I'm done with pc gaming. :D

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

if you read the scan's.. they do say they have totally recoded the game engine to suit PC... not consoles

murraynt likes this.
  5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

2142 and BF2 were also made for the PC and both were ridiculously buggy when they came out. What I said had nothing to do with consoles. I just hope EA won't force Dice to release the game too early and that Dice will actually do a good job for once. They have great ideas but the execution just isn't there. BF3 has the potential to attract a lot gamers and become a long term game that could live on for years (like BF2 still does). I only hope this is what will happen :thumb:

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm a little afraid about ANT. It seems like a nifty idea, but I question how smooth it'll work with server-client relations and hit boxes.

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh, that was you. Okay then. But if you don't want to discuss the issue again, then perhaps it's not the best idea to keep going around saying how terrible it is.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

BC2 had/has multiple bugs and issues, particularly on release. It's not at all unwarranted to want a smooth, polished, and well executed game on release in exchange for various stylistic features. With so many Battlefield games under their belt it shouldn't be too hard.

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Definitely, Sloth. Although i'm not sure what we can expect from DICE based on their experience, their other games weren't without problems either. But they were still awesome regardless so bring it on :p

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You seem to read only the parts where I said negative things about BC2 only to make me look bad. I said the game should have been much better than it was and that it was terribly made. I like several aspects of this game (according to Steam I have played 202.9 hours) but it has huge flaws that I wish will not be present in BF3

Why do I have to be the bad guy ?

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't see the non-negative side of your first post so i guess you're right. But i digress.

All i was saying is that if you're going to post in a Battlefield thread and say bc2 was downright terribly executed, it shouldn't come as a surprise if you end up getting confronted about it.

Of course, if i didn't forget that we already had that discussion i probably wouldn't have replied in the first place.

Otherwise i love you long time :3

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Great potential ruined by terrible execution. That means I love some parts of the game but I can't enjoy them (or it as a whole) as much as I should because it was so badly made overall. I'm not a hater of BC2, otherwise I wouldn't have played 200 hours. However, unlike way too many people, I just wouldn't close my eyes and accept firing two clips close range in the back of someone without killing him "because that's the way the game is made". No way. It was badly made and I won't come back on my words.

With that said, I honestly wish BF3 will be good

Also... I'm glad you <3 me cuz I <3 tew aww

13. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

yet another game to buy in 2011 :D !

14. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

You can already do this in BC2. :D

15. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

this might be the first military shooter i will give a chance to since i got bored with military shooters years ago. it just looks so nice.

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Anyone here want a rush mode in BF3?

I sure do but the maps for rush should only be used for rush, the maps designed for conquest should only be used for conquest......

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

rush is definitely an awesome concept

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

dont think rush will make it into BF3, if its back to form they will be massive maps like in BF2... nothing from stopping them from coming up with new good game modes tho is there.

and knuck, quit whining :p , BC2 was and still is a great game.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

*sigh*

see avatar

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

pimonserry likes this.