1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

OMG I'm pumped!!

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

eeeeew :worried:

but yeah so am i, didnt expect it to be this good (from what iv have seen and read). Like others have said, hope the community lasts years like in BF2

Last edited: 8 Feb 2011
  3. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Hopfully it will be like BC2 where it takes multiple head shots to kill, knifes hardly ever register, and the pistols are still the best weapons in the game.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

lol, get better broadband :p....

5. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

BC3 makes me horny. Not for the multiplayer but for another solid single player experience, and maybe some bot matches too. I've never really gotten into online gaming - I like the idea but when I get involved I just find it frustrating (aside from L4D). So, very much looking forward to BF3, so long as the single player campaign and enemy AI is as good as BFBC2.

Oh, and plenty more COD baiting in the script too please. :). Heartbeat sensors and snowmobiles are for girls, etc...

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

That article was a great read! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it at GDC :D

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Loving this

- who is it round here that has 'death to consolization' in their sig - they need to this this, it'll make them happy!

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Fantastic news. should be worth the wait. Give us all time to save for upgrades if needed as well lol.

9. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

Battlefield 2 was sweet back in the day

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

out of curiosity. did bf 2 have a story? if so then what was it about because bf 3 is supposedly going to have a story mode that is different to bc2.

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

The bubbles there are to show off their lighting, specifically the indirect illumination that they have.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Good. I finally have an ally. Let's join forces

I'm the one who started this about 2 years ago :hehe:

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I lol'd because its true.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

:D

theater mode will be awesome, making admin a server much easier. now just need to have it in a small windowed mode.

lol, "pink rabbit hat(s)". but i like shooting the LMG spraying rabbit hats.

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Not sure if BF2 had a story outside of "America Vs Any other Super Power!"

BF2142 was about scacity of resources, and 2 new massive super powers fighting over fertile grounds and fuel.

Who needs to get caught up in story anyway? All I want to do is get to the choppah, and feel like I am flying like a pro. That and be absolutely envious of anyone who can fly (and fly well) the jets!

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Can't wait!!!!:clap:

They better not dumb down the chopper/jet controls like they did in BC2:vanilla/vietnam. I looked swooping a black hawk around Kubra Dam!

Hopefully loads of massive BF2 style conquest maps! As BC2 conquest didn't really work for me.

Not excited about single player and kill-cams.

Infact the more i think about it, the more nervous i get, that it wont be as great as it could be!!!!

17. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I'm really excited about this game, and also not.

I loved BF2 and BF2142, but they were both massively buggy, had bad balance, and in trying to correct these things, the half arsed patches made the game even worse and they are still both broken.

Dice have a terrible rep for the things listed above, so I'm pretty worried its going to be broken, and then after they've got every penny they can out of it, dump it like a two bit whore.

I'm also a bit concerned about the four classes thing, as the ones in BC2 are horribly balanced, so I hope there not the same in BF3.

18. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Wooo hooo can't wait for this

19. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

OMG i cant wait to get some mystery TV comming at ya Sharqi Peninsula styleee!.

Cough.

Oh i cant wait for this, just hope the buggers take some more time to polish it to a nice high sheen.

20. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I really do hope DICE make this a worthy successor to BF2. I think they admitted BC2 was basically a console port and BF3 would be especially for PCs.

They need to go back to the days of BF2 and show Activision how it should be done.