1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I wouldn't convert gold to credits - gold is far more useful for buying a premium account as you'll earn credits and experience far faster that way.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That is a cunning plan :)

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

If any of you weren't there I just had the best game ever... 10 kills in one game, was the last player in my team :D Winner :p

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Congratulations :thumb:

What were you driving?

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

A PzKpfw III with the 7.5cm gun using HE rounds... chewed them up...

6. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Sweet :)

I enjoyed my time in the Panzer III, zooming around all the other far larger tanks while taking pot shots at their vulnerable rear armour.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've half a mind to buy myself another PzIII now, when I had one you only got in with Tier 3 and above tanks, so it was really hard to do any damage most of the time, especially as there were usually only Tier 4 and above tanks in the match with you. :(

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The Panzer III is good, but I still think the AT1 is the most fun low-tier AFV.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just moved to the Panzer 4 now, so the fun moves up a notch :p

10. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Pz3 is a very enjoyable tank, it's just a shame people take the 'medium' tag too seriously, it's really a scout.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh, it frustrates me when you see people treating them like they have armour... I never stop moving in mine :p

12. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Yep, when commanding a Panzer III you should simply hit 'R' at the beginning of the battle and simply concentrate on aiming.

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I do that in my A-20, which is truly a scout tank, but hitting anything when you're doing 60kph is hard and even moreso when it's a itty-bitty artillery thing.

14. Krikkit

Uh oh. WoT forum and website are both down for maintenance until tomorrow night... Game servers have been left up so we should be able to play, but they forgot to redirect the update server to a box that's working. No-one will be able to launch the client through the normal launcher until maintenance is finished... :hehe:

Running WoT.exe seems to work alright though.

15. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Heh, I do that anyway because the regular launcher seems to hang for me way too often :p

16. Krikkit

Update! Lots of fixes coming for the game, including some of the really annoying bugs.

Most interesting though is we're finally getting the US tank tree, even though it was originally promised for the public release.

[​IMG]

17. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Hmmm.... Has XP reset? I've just come to realise that in fact the german heavies are crap compared to the ISs (Im currently in a VK3001). If it has reset I might change tacks...

18. Krikkit

No, there won't be an XP reset again now until pub afaik, when everyone goes back to 0, only with a few gift-tanks for taking part in the beta. :)

German heavies are worth pursuing up to the Tiger 2, which is significantly better than the IS3, after that they're far more evenly matched in terms of useful firepower.

The VK4502 Ausf B is a love-hate tank for me, on one hand it's got epic firepower and great steel wall generating fun, but it's very vulnerable thanks to its rear-turret making it hard to nip out from behind a wall. You either expose the whole crew section or the engine/fuel...

Maus is a very capable weapon too, the IS7's struggle to defeat them on a lot of occasions, despite their obvious advantages. Arty is the killer with the Maus though, that big shape is just too easy for 'em to nail.

IS3? Ugh. The armour's too thin to be of much use against anything above Tier 4, even though it's shaped. The ammo rack must be huge, I've been one-shotted by an SU-5 with it (I'm not joking either, I was absolutely flabbergasted), and it's so easy to track it beggars belief. Then we come to the worst bit - the gun. The 122mm D-25T that was very effective on the IS just doesn't suit it somehow, probably thanks to the long reload and very poor aiming speed, and the 100mm D10T just isn't accurate enough. "So what?" you say, "Unlock the BL-9 for increased penetration!" - 44k XP for an extra 50mm average penetration? That's a pretty sizeable investment when the IS4 is only 168k XP.

IS4 is the real star of the game though, it has great armour protection thanks to its shaped hull, epic firepower from the start (and the monstrous 132mm from the IS7 later on), and costs little to repair.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2010
  19. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

US tanks now released! And 2 new maps :lol:

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Quit the IS-3 hating! The BL-9 is much more accurate than the D-25T and in my experience makes a match between a fully kitted Tiger II and a fully kitted IS-3 something that could go either way.

Does anyone here use a bit-tech ingame channel?