1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Wow loving this game, Just played a few games in my little ole started tank and it was the best fun I've had in a long time.

I'm loving the upgrade options, can see plenty of scope there.

Ingame name is GravitySmacked, would love to join a game with bit-tech folk.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I bought a Valentine yesterday - the cheapest of the "buy for gold" options, took it to battle and immediately wished I hadn't. It seems under-powered for its tier - too slow, too little penetration and damage.

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

All of the premium tanks and pretty rubbish to be honest - what they are good for is making credits as they are much cheaper to repair than equivalent tier normal tanks.

4. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Pretty much that. Avoiding them at all costs is pretty much a safe bet. After you get over the intro grind on most tank trees, you'll be rolling in credits, rendering gold tanks obsolete.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For the cost of the gold used for those tanks I'd buy a premium upgrade. Then you get the credits piling in. I've just got myself a Grille and make about 10k/match which ain't bad for such an easy-to-get SPG.

Even the Sturmpanzer II makes loads of credits, by the time I'd got enough XP to get the Grille I'd made 150k over the costs of the tank itself.

Shame really, 'cause I love the look of the Churchill.

6. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Argh.

I've had a nightmare dealing with this tonight, maybe someone could feed this back to the developers.

I signed up to beta and got the links to the file. I downloaded the big 1.3 something gig file, and it locked up my computer every time I tried to do anything with it. I couldn't copy it, delete it, or run it without it just making my hard disk churn and nothing happening. (And yeah I tried leaving it for half an hour and nothing ever did happen). In the end I had to download a special little tool to delete files just to get rid of it. It schedules the file for deletion when you restart your PC. Luckily that worked.

So I figured it must have just been a corrupt download, so I downloaded it again, this time using the bit torrent link. It downloaded, and the exact same thing has happened again. I've got all my firewall and virus checker turned off and still nothing. It just locks up if I try to move it, run it, or delete it.

7. Krikkit

Let me guess, you've got Microsoft Security Essentials? That seems to be a persistent error causing exactly what you've described.

8. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I disabled it and it still happened. But I'll try it again tomorrow with that disabled a different way.

--edit woot-- it worked. I just had to disable MSSE within the program itself, not just by killing the process in task manager. Then it lets you click the file.

Now I can sleep. Tomorrow I'll play it =)

Last edited: 8 Oct 2010
  9. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

This is a shame, because MSSE is a pretty decent program.

Who should we complain to, Microsoft or Wargaming? :3

10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Complain to both. Inevitably both will say the other is at fault but there's a chance they'll do something.

11. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

They are no doubt hassling MS regularly to sort it out.

I just played this game tonight, didn't like it much. Had not much clue what I was doing in terms of research and upgrades, and then got in to a match. Tanks were teleporting all over the place and jumping around, then one appeared in front of me, drove in to me and I died and had to sit and watch the rest of the match.

Played another few and it was the same kind of thing. One guy drove at me down a long path and I just kept shooting him in the front, and then as he got closer he started doing the same to me. We ended up blowing each other up and I got no point.

12. Krikkit

I wouldn't be too sure on that, they seem like pretty lazy devs at times.

Sounds like you've been laden with lag and or bugs there though - you shouldn't get warping of tanks at anything but extreme distance, which you can't see with low-tier tanks.

Blowing up when getting hit by stuff is normal early on - collisions do big damage to tanks that are <10 tons, but if you damage or spot someone you should get some XP.

13. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Cool thanks. I did a bunch more matches and I had some xp to spend on a bigger gun. That was nice. My last match was crap. I shot some guy 3 times with direct hits, then he shoots me once and I die. But I think if I stick with it I'll get stronger and be able to do better.

p.s. The warping seems to have mostly stopped now. Must have just been some lag or something.

Woot I killed some people :D I pimped my tank up so it can handle itself ok now.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Oct 2010
  14. Krikkit

What's your IGN? I could break out my AT-1 and we could have some fun. :D

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

oh man i had to buy a jagpanzer 1 just so I can **** up noobie battles. I am currently rolling a fully upgraded panther, and frankly the long barrelled 88 coupled with everything on it, turns it into a total rape machine. I am not talking about a nice sort of rape either, we are talking being able to knock 10%-20% off a tiger 2. Anything sloped of course like the is-4 is seriously not worth attracting the attention of :(

16. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

That would be good, but I might not be able to play for a while. I'm looking forward to getting back.

17. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Started playing this yesterday, it's epic fun I suggest everyone here who is playing should post there game handle, might save up some gold to make a platoon. <3 SPG's.

WoT handle: Sp4rkR4t

18. Krikkit

Make the most of premium accounts while they're free. Depending on the pricing structure when it goes live I won't be playing tbh.

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Any news on when it's due to go live?

I've set up a chat channel called bit-tech for anyone to join.

20. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Only just realised you could convert gold to credits, and now can actually get through the levels reasonably quickly (would have taken ages to make enough to get the t3 vehicles otherwise).

Good fun, though not getting that good fps (could be computer or internet, not sure which).