1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

killed 7 last night ion one match with my SPG.

Great fun game. Surprisingly addictive.

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Apparently there will be a soft reset soon so you get all your money, experience and you can persue different things. I will personally be dumping everything into a tiger.

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Mmm, a 'soft wipe' with the 0.5.x patch.

Does this mean it will be as though we've sold all our tanks, keep the cash, and start again?

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like it - I'll just be rebuying my Tiger 2 tbh. I'm working up to a Panther too. :D

5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

no i think itll be like we hadn't spent the money and exp in the first place :D:D:D:D

6. Krikkit

Ditched the Panther tree for now - I'm working my way up the TD's. I've got a Stug 3 atm, which isn't quite as fun as the Hetzer was. A 105mm gun on a tank with 270hp was really funny.

Pretty boring grinding to the next level once you've upgraded a tank. Imo the upgrades should be harder to get, then a shorter step up to the next tank.

e.g. Tiger 2 - 46k XP for the 105 L/71, then 140k XP to the VK45. Should be more like 80K.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2010
  7. pimonserry

8. deadplayer

deadplayer What's a Dremel?

Looks great..

9. Krikkit

Ooh yeah, looking good. All that wasted XP to get higher up in the tiers now converted so I can mash up to a Panther if there's no yanks incoming soon. So after the reset I think I'll get my Tiger back, probably the Jagdpanther too, then see what comes.

10. pimonserry

I'm going straight for the Panther after the wipe, my Pz3/4 wasn't powerful enough.

Any spare will go towards a Leopard, and any MORE spare is going either SPG or TD (haven't played TD).

11. Krikkit

TD is a whole different ball game.

I might go for a Leopard too - love that nimble, mental little thing. The SPG's worst nightmare. Then again I might grab a T44, I could never be bothered getting all the way down the tiers to that or the Panther because the lower tanks were too easy to kill.

I'm just really excited really, I like the idea of a soft-wipe, it frees up all that wasted XP and gives everyone a chance to do something new. One problem could be that everyone goes straight down the super heavy TD route, and we end up with a glut of Tiger II's and IS4's.

12. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

anybody playing world of tanks

Just to satisfy my couriousity is there anyone on here playing world of tanks beta,Im playing it with my old pc an amd64 3500+ single core cpu 1 8800gtx xxx gpu and 2 gig corsair xms pc3200 cs2 ram on asus A8N SLI-PREMIUM MB having loads of fun with it cant wait until the full version is released,My gaming tag on it is FLYINGFART1 if you see me say let me know your a bitech forum subscriber ill say hello back have fun all

13. Krikkit

I bet it's running a bit slowly with a single-core CPU. I find it to be very CPU limited.

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i just downloaded the installer and evrytime i try to open it Windows crashed! :(

bah.

will try again over the weekend.

15. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

just a bit m8 Im getting a max of 35 fps and averaging around 13-15 fps,just received new rampage 3 motherboard only ram to get now for my new pc build although im not sure whether to keep the antec 1200 case or get a better one IE:silverstone ft02w-r assuming the rampage 3 will fit in that case of course

16. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I am loving this game. Just got onto the beta this weekend and I'm grinding my way through Tier 2 to 3 but it's so much fun. Moreso since I found out that if you die early in one game, you can "exit battle" and start another battle in another of your tanks.

Right now I'm running around in an AT-1 (my favourite) and a BT-1 (chinese Cheesecake!).

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Got access to the beta (wasn't difficult) going to download and have a bash.

18. Krikkit

After messing around with some custom skins (something I'm probably going to get totally engrossed in) I came across this screenie which you might enjoy.

[​IMG]

Done in my Tiger II, all the rest of my team were wiped out and it was 10-1. All but the SU-76 and Churchill were on 100%. Everyone has a moment in the zone once in a while, this was mine. :D

19. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Excuse the sentiment but FUDGE ME IN THE ASH HOLE!

I wish I could have seen that.

20. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Awesome work Krikkit :thumb:

Makes we wish I was playing last night in your platoon :)