1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Legacy of Khufu .Done on page:10.Speakers Done page:11!. 17-07-08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TapperSwe, 11 Feb 2007.

?

which picture to use for backside fanguard

Poll closed 17 Mar 2007.
  1. pic one: scarab

100.0%
  2. pic two: Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. pic three: crocodile/king Sobek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

Great to see some more progress from this mod, great finish there on the panels.

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

We call that snuff (IMHO it's nasty stuff but to each their own)

Glad to see you getting some time for hobbies. I hope all is going well and Wish you a Merry Christmas & happy new year also.

P.S. the polish looks good :thumb:

3. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Nice work so far man, your past projects look pretty bad ass too, can't wait to see it when its all finished.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Good to see you back!

5. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Thank u all for the coments.
    Angel OD: I dont think my new girlfriend would like the real deal ,lol.
    Tyinsar:Im not sure if snuff and snus are the same but both are a nasty habit lol.

Ok i have been doing 2 other small projects on the side of all the polishing :D

First one was building a fot to my old Asus 17 inch monitor that i sold because i got my self a new one,the old fot got lost when i send it away for repair a year ago,but it never troubeld me because i had the monitor mounted on the wall,how ever the new owner wanted a fot.

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

Mounted:
    [​IMG]

And this is the final result,it only took me a hour and its just made to be functional not esthetic :D
    [​IMG]

I gave it a slight angle for better Viewing:
    [​IMG]

My second project was to build a wall mount device to my new 22 inch Samsung syncmaster 223BV monitor,i know that u can buy this things but they cost about 30 pound for the moust simple model so why not make your own..

[​IMG]

This is how it will be atached to the wall,very simple but it does the job:
    [​IMG]

Mounted on the monitor, U can see that i gave it a slight angle for better view (the rounded aluminuim will push it slightly away from the wall:
    [​IMG]

Final result:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all hope u enjoed....

Last edited: 27 Dec 2007
  6. TapperSwe

Hi!,over a year has passed since i started with this scratch build and im finaly starting to see the end of it :D. I just today polished the last part but im thinking of polishing the PSU to so that leaves me with one more piece to polish. After that i will start to assemble all the parts and hoppefully in the end i got my self a Pyramid shaped computer lol.
    Iff i dont count the rubber parts i have buildt,grited and polished 29 parts, no wonder it has taken a while to build this thing :hehe:

All parts polished:
    [​IMG]

And some closeup's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Difference on one polished and not polished part:
    [​IMG]

Next uppdate will be final,it might take a while because im thinking off making a short movieclip instead off just photos.
    Have a nice weekend

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

ohh, shiny! :thumb:

8. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Thats brilliant! One of the most original mods out there!

9. TapperSwe

Thank u guys, means alot to get some positive coments.

I can reveal that i have grited the small parts,(fan guards, Lshaped alu,and the eye) with a finer/smaler grit then the frontpanel,backpanel and doors, a friend gave me this idea and it will make the fan guards and Lshaped alu parts that are mounted on top off the panels/doors to show more because they will shine more when polished ,this will give the case a greater depth and also makes u look at the smaller parts that i have worked so hard with :D ,I allso used a finer grit on the parts inside the case (HD,Dvd and fan holder) when i was at it, U will understand better when the final uppdate arives. Im stil puting the case togheter it takes time because i have to be real carefull not scratching the aluminium.

Regards.

10. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

I've been following this, it's a very unique design, and some very great ideas.
    Can't wait to see this done. Keep it up :rock:

11. Gup

Gup What's a Dremel?

wow.......!!!.........i missed this one...weird..:confused:

Kewl design, and difficult as i have discovered myself. ...:D
    With the pyramid shape u loose so much space which makes it difficult and the angles don't make it easier too.

I love your eye for detail, and its gonna look slick IMO.:thumb::thumb:
    A question : will the polished alu not deteriorate in time? Normally alu would oxidize to form a dull coating?

I am still suprised u get it all in there, as the base is only 40 cm. I had to use a m-itx board (17x17 cm) to get it all in. And even with that its also 40 cm x 40 cm.

12. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Wow! Hey, this is looking GREAT! I gotta check back in here more often. Keep it up, Tap!

13. TapperSwe

Dacust:Thx next update will be the end of it :D

Thx ,i can only agree with u on that one, the angles is a pain and the shape is a space killer lol,the measures are: Base 44x44 cm, hight 44,5 but its going to be very crowdy anyway with the hardware inside,placing the mobo in the same angle as the case panels realy helped out to get all the hardware inside,the mice and keyboard ports on the mobo is not cuted out on the backpanel because they ended up to close to the side of the panel (the angles played a trick on me here),but that dosent bother me since i use USB on both, i also had to use a server PSU because a regular wouldent fit.

Yes the alu forms a dull coating quite fast but when u polish it it goes away,the polish im using is suposse to last for 5 years in an indoor enviroment before i have to polish it again. Clearcoating the polished alu is also an option but doing so might reduce some of the shine (not sure).

Regards.

Last edited: 21 Jan 2008
  14. Fused

Fused Minimodder

Glad to see this project still going, Ive been away from the forums for a while but this was one of my favourite mods when I left. (Really should learn to use subscribe). I may have missed it but what kind of kit you go to cram in it afterwards?

15. TapperSwe

Thank u very much :) ,the hardware is not going to be very fancy since im moving over my curent system (im no heavy gamer :D ),I did never try to find sponsors because i heard that you must have at least one good project to show before u do that and since i dont have any past computer projects i might do that next time (if i ever do a scratch build/mod again).

Msi K8N Neo4 Platinum (7125) VER:1
    Amd 64 3700+ 1Mb L2Cache. (2,2 Ghz)
    Arctic-cooling Freezer 64 Pro (not sure it will fit because of its hight)
    DiamondMAX 10 250Gb Sata2
    2 Gb OCZ 3200 Platinum EL Dualchanel 2-3-2-5-1T
    Asus n7800 gt.
    nec 3550a dvd rw
    Onboard sound
    psu 1U Single¡jP1H-6400P

Regards.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2008
  16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

lovely drive cage!

But i think you should NOT use the washers. Perhaps just the screws.

For the rest of the sculptured pieces, you are an artist! very beatiful things in there!

cheers mate!

17. TapperSwe

Thank you Yemerich, i totally agree with you that the drive cage would look beter without the washers but i had to make sure no vibrations would be picked up by the case, i think i can loosen the screws a bit so the edges of the dampners dont show, going to give it a try.

I can use the ocasion to give you a text update.There has been lots of smaller things to take care of while i started to asemble the case, i have actually been working with the case every day for about 2 to 3 houers since my last update so im not being lazy here, its pretty much done now and i will move in the mobo by tomorow cross my fingers and fire her up.
    If everythings work like it should i will start making a videoclip and taking pictures by saturday (if im not to hangover from Fridays activites :D,).

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2008
  18. Tolk

Tolk Keep it simple, build it incredible

Awesome looking mod.. can't believe i didn't see this before.

subscribed!

-Tolk

19. carbon451

carbon451 What's a Dremel?

Wow, very nicely executed! What did you use to polish the aluminum?

20. TapperSwe