1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your simple pleasure in life?

Discussion in 'General' started by dom_, 5 Feb 2008.

1. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

An Iced Cappuccino from Tim Horton's on a hot Summer afternoon. :eek:

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

as long as you don't say that your simple pleasure in life is to watch Tim Horton's commercials ...

@%#$% they're lame

3. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

A lovely hot cup of coffee and a cigarette
    Sittin with some mates with some beers, pizza and a film
    Riding my BMX at the local bowl with friends
    Wrapped up in bed with a girl watching a film

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

haaha... god I hate them, too. But they make a killer iced cap!

5. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

The sound of my transmission revving as I floor it, the warmth coming back into my fingers after coming out of the cold.

6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you have clearly never had a beamers iced mocha.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Beach BBQs. My favourite part of my life ever was when I went on holiday with some friends in Wales a while back. Me, my girlfriend, one of my best friends and his kinda-sorta-ex camping in St Davids after Uni exams in the depths of summer. We were packed into a car like sardines on the way there. We spent every morning driving down to the beach (with the surf boards duct taped to the roof of the car) and surfing. It was fantastic.

On the last day we spent the morning surfing, went climbing up dangerous looking cliff faces overhanging the sea in the morning, did some cliff jumping and messed about and then rented a boat to do some mackrel fishing. We caught a lot of fish, took them back to the campsite and gutted them ourselves. We wrapped them in tin foil with lemon and bayleaf and roasted them underneath a camp fire we had on this cragy penninsula overlooking the sea. It was warm and we were the highest thing for miles around, flat heather and empty, clean beach in every direction. The four of us passed around some booze, ate fish and watched the sunset come down together.

It was fantastic and I remember thinking that if I was going to be doing that then I must have done something very good in a past life.

8. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Waking up in a tent, in southern France next to the Ardeche (River), miles away from the nearest town or house, with the fresh morning sun warming your face and birds singing. And the only people around are your best friends. Damn that was a great trip.

9. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Getting firewood with my brothers and dad. Its amazing how menial hard labor can be such fun with family.

:)

10. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

Well, I have several. one is riding my motorcycle in the summer evenings with no where to be. a nice glass of Iced Tea. and my fav, when I wake up at night and my daughter has climed into bed with me and my wife. she is 2yrs old and the light of my life. and my last one which gets me into the most trouble is in the mornings when I need to go to work and she comes up with a dvd and wants to just sit there and watch "HAT" this is what she calls "cat in the hat" with mike meyers. there are others but they pale in comparison to these.

11. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Waking up and seeing it's a gorgeous sunny day outside does it for me. It doesn't have to be warm, just bright and sunny. and hearing the birds sing.

So Dawn on a sunny day then

And my personal favourite example of this was last summer when I was camping in the Colorado rockies at 9 and a half thousand foot eating a full fried breakie. It was heaven, one of the moments when you thinkg "this is the LIFE"

@ClearCaseMan

My friends just had a daughter and if you asked him he'd say the same thing.

12. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Lying in the gardens on a really hot summers day

13. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

walking at night, stopping and looking up to see the stars, nice and quiet around just awesome that is

14. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Gotta be riding to the highest point near me, The Trundle or Kingley Vale and just looking out over the south of England, its about the only time I stop annoying myself with the constant (JD from Scrubs like) talking. Then comes the ridding back down the hill so fast that by the time I reach the bottom my fore arms are num.

Or just sitting in front of the telly brushing my girlfriends hair watching what ever happens to be on at the time. :thumb:

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Cycling in the rain, getting soaked to the skin, turns my frown upside down so many times, and then getting to my girlfriends house for her to be so surprised how soaked i am and wanting to get my clothes off... :D

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I never had one. Is it like drinking a cold Coffee Crisp ? If so then it must be heaven

damn that sounds like a niiiiice trip . That's not the kind of thing I would like to do with friends in couples though (i'm single)

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Breakfast.

Seeing "her"

Walking in the rain, seeing everyone else rushing about with umbrellas and doing their utmost to escape the falling water, and just enjoying the sound of it, the feeling of it, not caring about getting wet.

18. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

That one is great, nicely put as well.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Wistful sigh.

...yeah.

20. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

A 10 minute shower!