1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Lumière Noire by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 8 Apr 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Thanks, Josh! LOL, nah mate. I don't think it's worth it. The pics are terrible!

The only thing left from that rig are the pumps, the rads, and the chassis frame. lol. One of the rads and one of the pumps made it over to the new build.

2. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

lol fair enough :D

Josh

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That looks fantastic mate. Excellent work.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is it just me or does the camera shake make those power switches look like they have little hearts on them?

That is one awesome looking case, now if it were available in blue... :D

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

That control panel is sweet! Love the color theme.

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, man!

LOL. Never noticed that! Thanks, man.

Thanks, bro! Red n' black always looks good to me.

7. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Triphane is my case and it isnt a Skirt that is around the bottom. It is a underbody enclosure. The reason I call it that, is because it serves as a function to do something. My underbody channels airflow in and out of the case for the hard drives and power supplies.

A Careburetor....HuH???!!! Well you got to put a res. somewhere on a case to fill water, plus my case is a hybrid case in which I incorporated a Water Chilling Unit. Not to call myself special, but how many other ppl do that. With all the overall parts that I had to fabricate in my design, it was the best possible design vs. functionality. Remember something may look good, but if it doesnt do anything than why is it on your case.

Well that is my two-cents.

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Well that came from no where lol.

9. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Nice one E.E.L,very very nice :thumb:

10. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

hahahah, I noticed that too... but didn't think it was designed in... didn't seem to go with the Evil theme... :D

E.E.L, I'm seriously impressed! How long have you been modding cases?

11. E.E.L. Ambiense

:eyebrow:

Thanks, Skullen!

Yeah, lol... those are really old pics of the previous rig. I had a crappy camera at the time too. lol, didn't notice the 'heart' thing until someone pointed it out.

Thanks, man. I've been at it a bit of a while. I've only recently joined the forums over a year or so ago and started posting stuff. I used to be one of those hermit modders that didn't show anything. I was constantly prodded a bit by Hank over @ Performance-PCs to start posting stuff.

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Cleveland216 - Have you forgotten I LIKE your rig? Wheels, hood, carb...I should have called them 'ground effects' to keep with the theme of the joke.

-Sorry about the belated hijack EEL. I usually revisit a thread only when it says 'updated' on the top. (HINT!:naughty:)

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

It's cool, Cheaps. I got an update coming....right about now....

14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Can't wait for an update man... I love this project.

15. E.E.L. Ambiense

October 10th Update!

Well, well, well. I neglect things so much and for so long, that people start arguing in my log! :hehe: It's a joke, guys. Relax.

Anyways, been quite a while since I updated this log. There are legitimate reasons, and many of them involve a certain mode of transportation exploding on me. :grr: Don't ask. I've said my piece about it, so I'm good. Needless to say, I am now in possession of my repaired-and-new-engined car. And $500 lighter in the wallet. So, :p to any future storms/hurricanes/tropical depressions that decide to attack any of us along the coast of this country. I wave my private parts in your general direction!

Oh, update. Okay. Back to that. I'm feeling a bit better now because of the aforementioned issues resolved (hopefully), and this is my favorite month containing my favorite holiday. So let's get to that update. I've made a bit of progress on a quite a few things since we last checked in here. I'll get right to it.

First off, I needed some modders mesh. And I needed it quickly. And who came to my rescue? Bill Owen! Thanks, Bro!

[​IMG]

And I gotta say, frankly, this is some really good mesh here. It actually allows air through for once compared to the other higher-priced garbage that's floating around! :hehe: Seriously, if you ever need any modders mesh, hop on over to Bill's Case Mod Store at MNPCTech.com. Good quality awesome stuff.

The main reason I needed the mesh is because I'm modding the PSU. I made a stealthing plate previously, that I've already posted, but here it is again.

[​IMG]

I already removed the stock wire grill on this PSU, because it just won't work with this idea. I figured I'd stick some mesh in there to fill it up, but I didn't want to use any more of the AC Ryan mesh that's rather choking on the airflow. This stuff works much better, and it'll keep any screws I (inevitably) drop from going into the PSU. Which could blow. Literally. :lol:

But-- the stock mesh isn't going to work either. I need it black! So, I cut out the rough shape I needed for the PSU and shot it black.

[​IMG]

Looks nice! And here it is mounted on the PSU...

[​IMG]

Looks even better! I'm happy with it. And now I'm ignoring it. :lol:

Moving right along.

I needed something to mount the two pumps onto instead of them just floating around on top of the optical drive in the case, so I came up with this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This way it'll give them some stability, as well as give a channel to get the cool air coming at them from.... well, this thing....

[​IMG]

Yes, that's the inside bay cover with the opening for the fans and tubing to run through. I'm tapping holes in it to give myself a way to secure it to the case. The stock A70 has a series of holes drilled towards the edge of the back of the IDE bays where the stock HDD rack mounted to. They're perfect to exploit. :D

I drilled and tapped two 6-32 holes in the bottom edge of the bay cover, which will be held in place by two simple thumbscrews. I also covered the screws with rubber washers to give it some cushion as well. Check it out.

[​IMG]

Works perfect!

Next, I attached with double-sided tape a couple of rubber strips/stoppers on the inside edge of the bays to give the plate something to rest against so it doesn't go flopping around either. It's perfectly secured in there now.

[​IMG]

And the previously 8-32-tapped 40mm fans mounted on the unit. Perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's put it back in the case to see where everything's at.

[​IMG]

Nice! And it'll blend in quite well when it's all assembled.

Edit: Forgot to add this! I made a cooler out of 3 40mm fans; inspired by the Dominator Airflow unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, I also have another plan for this system... heh heh... and for this little something, I made some long standoffs out of misc. sized smaller standoffs to get them to a specific length. I also coated them too, so they'll blend into the background as well.

[​IMG]

....and I close this update with a teaser pic of what that little something is.... :naughty:

[​IMG]

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

Last edited: 11 Oct 2008
  16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Glad you're back! That 3/8" plexi is thick enough? Looking good E.E.L.

PS: I won't say anything about the engine. It's fixed.

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

3/8" was perfect for it to not wobble much as well as give me some 'beef' to tap for mounting. I love thick acrylic, lol. Thanks, John!

18. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Looking great :)

19. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Wow! That's all so tight and perfect. There's not much more I can say, Beautiful. :thumb:

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

mmmmmmmmmmmmm mobo cover, most likely laser etched with the E.E.L eye of this mod. Niccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tags: