1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Excellent news mate!

+Rep for this.

2. Bezcorp

Bezcorp What's a Dremel?

Hi

On behalf of Ebuyer I would like to apologise to those customers who have had problems regarding the MSI P55 promotion. The system will block orders if there is no stock available but in the time it took for the system to recognize this a large amount of orders had been placed. Although still showing stock minutes after 2pm in reality the 20 items in stock had gone in seconds. This result was a genuine error in part caused by our integrity to stick to the 2PM launch time.

I would advise customers to call our customer support team with their order number as we will try our best to rectify problems with valued customers, we have been working with MSI to implement this.

Again I apologise and hope that forum members know that we work very hard to offer a high level of service and that against best efforts, occasionally things go wrong.

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Seems a little late for that Bezcorp. You're pretty much at the comply or die stage. You have to give people the motherboards they've paid for, not try to convince them into refunds, or else you're going to have a trading standards case against you from quite a few people.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

If you are indeed an ebuyer representative, firstly i will say welcome and i do appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to register to the site, you might get a rocky reception but bear with it :thumb:.

As i posted on the previous page i have already sent a letter to yourselves this morning, This letter is as advised by trading standards. it was sent 1st class recorded so you should receive it tomorrow.

I think in reality it wasnt the cockup thats got our backs up, its the way you have handled those that were debited for the item that is the issue. To be quite honest i want this to be sorted but i wont be backing down as you're clearly in the wrong.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

The problem isn't necessarily with the way your system handled the huge amount of orders, it's the way with which your Customer Service team has handled the problem with your system (as I'm sure the other retailers who were offering the promotion had similar issues, yet ebuyer is the only one that has come in for criticism over it). Forcing people into cancelling their orders by telling them the product has been discontinued is either an outright lie, or shows lack of knowledge on behalf of your staff.

You say you are working with MSI to resolve this, does that mean they are preventing you from selling over the allocated number of units at the promotional price? Could you not cover the costs of this yourself? As it is after all your mistake, and has been pointed out several times in this thread, you have a legally binding contract with several customers by taking the money from their accounts.

Oh, and welcome to the bit-tech forums. We're not always this hostile ;)

Last edited: 18 Sep 2009
  6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

You only have yourselves to blame, before agreeing to take part in this promotion you should have made sure your system could cope with the demand. Scan did have similar problems but honored ALL the orders, they took a slight loss on the chin and at the same time guaranteed that they would get returning customers. Whatever Ebuyer do now is too little too late as far as im concerned, you guys wont see another penny from me EVER.

Welcome to the forums :thumb:

7. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

The merchant was extorting the customer to "get rid" of the order. Legally it is forbidden.
    The customer must make the request in writing; the customer has the right to a technically equivalent product!! (if the merchant can't supply the agreed one)

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Well shock horror, after cancelling my order, (under grounds that were false and all out lies) Ebuyer have given me my money back. Not that im too upset as im still proceeding as i would have anyways, because they are still in breach of the law and there T&Cs regardless of refunding me.

So i will sit here and wait for there reply to the letter, and if i havent heard anything from them 14days from yesterday then i will contact TS again to find out what the next move is.

Ebuyer the ball is in your court

9. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

Wow, I have used ebuyer for years!

This is the worst case of customer service I have heard about from ebuyer. Anybody in retail knows the old rule "a dissatisfied customer tells 9 people, a happy customer tells 3" (except that was before the internet lol). They should have bitten the cost and honoured the deals. Especially when consumer spending is so low you do not want to annoy the people still spending.

Where is my incentive to use them now? I will have to look elsewhere for good service.

10. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

I've bought loads off ebuyer over the years , i've always found them top notch :clap: both for orders and RMA situations , one problem doesn't make them a bad company , i'm sure the situation will be resoved amically in the end...

11. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Is there any chance of anything happening soon, as I kinda need this within the next week before I start uni. I have already ordered another mobo from scan now. But am a bit annoyed at having to pay £130 instead of £63. They have refunded me, but that's not the point. I may boycott ebuyer until I next need a component that they have in stock at the best price.

12. Kyocera

Why should they behave better than?
    if they have such "nice" dolls around them.

13. Combinho

I know they royally f****d up in this case, and am in the same boat as many others, if not worse considering my brother already has my old kit, and I need a PC in the next week before I go to university, but the point is, this is probably a one off, and I have had nothing but good experiences with ebuyer in the past, and have only heard good things about them other than this. The point is, I still trust them to provide the goods I order and have decent after sales supporrt despite this. That said, I will never try to buy a similar promotion with them again. I honestly don't believe that a boycott from those affected by this will have an iota of impact on them. Only legal action would have that effect and it is naive to think otherwise. The point is this; ebuyer are a (fairly) big company, and do not give a flying f**k if you, me or this whole f*****g forum boycott them.

14. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

They don't have to give a "flying ****" as it were. What they will have to do is uphold their end of a contract when they took money off people, or face a rather severe raping by the trading standards.

15. Kyocera

One customer here, one there,.. I'm not speaking of boycott, just of trying to buy from the competition, if only possible.

Why do you need a PC right away?? I practically did not need a PC at University (if you exclude few text-typing occasions; and that was possible to solve, willing, on University's computers).

16. Combinho

As I said, they won't pay attention to boycotts, only legal action.

17. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Combinho,

Are you being serious, if Ebuyer lose out on thousands of pounds of orders then trust me on this one they will give a flying f*ck, regardless of legal action any company losing out on potential sales of thousands of pounds in value WILL suffer, end of.

P.S) What did you say your job at Ebuyer was again ;)

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

They have a turnover of 220 million per annum. Your money means nothing to them. The entire forum's money means nothing to them.

19. Combinho

Exactly. Legal action and possibly larger scale bad press as a result might.

Light Hearted:They can hardly adopt Valve-style tactics in response to the boycott, I mean, who would want to go to Sheffield.

Sir Digby likes this.
  20. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Right let's hit this on the head,

A) If my money meant nothing to them then no ones does FACT

B) If the entire forums money meant nothing to them then NO ORDERS ANYONE PLACED in the entire world would mean anything to them FACT

C) If they didn't give a sh*t about anyones money then the annual turnover of 220 million wouldn't exist FACT

E) Where did you find out that the annual turnover is actually 220 million?

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Sep 2009