1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis - An Ironman Walkthrough (img heavy)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 10 Dec 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

04. Assault

Assault: 0.1
    psycho banters with a pal of his on the V-TOL; joking about going ninja in a nanosuit. the V-TOL pilot tells us hes landing early due to sam activity. psycho advises me to keep my head down due to heavy shelling of the landing area, it seems they're landing here as shells seem to miss more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

greenlight, we've landed.

[​IMG]

the private steps out and catches a shell in the face, I step out next and see an opportunity to load up on SCAR ammo whilst the wounded are being loaded into the V-TOL. harsh I know but SCAR ammo is hard to find, I'm met by an NPC called Private Meatshield who wants me to see a lt. Bradley.

[​IMG]

Meatshield heads off and I follow, amazingly enough he survives the trek to the overwatch where i raid more scar and precision ammo in the nearby house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I meet the LT. who wants me to take out some AAA sites so that they can land thier heavy V-TOLS, airforce cant get a lock on the AAA due to some jamming coming from the harbor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh well another job to do.

Assault: 0.2
    lots of grunt activity in this so theres lots of ordinance being thrown about + its very free flowing as the entire level is like a massive bowl with the harbor being in the SE corner.

I skim down the hill towards a road checkpoint, before I can engage anyone there the US forces take them down saving me the ammo.

[​IMG]

Assault: 0.3
    I head down the road to the east on foot, theres a crashed KPA jeep which is firing madly at the troops on the hill, before I can reach it its destroyed by the US forces, this level has a day/night cycle with it slowly becoming day, I walk my way alongside the road as to give the sun time to come up, it'll make my life a hell of a lot easier if i dont have to rely on NVG's to start fighting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 0.4
    I reach a rocky ledge overlooking the road leading to the gas station, theres a jeep coming towards me so rather then try snipe the crew and alert everyone nearby I back off; and switch the tactical attachment on my SCAR for an underslung grenade launcher.

[​IMG]

I wait for it to pass before grenading the back of the jeep, it flips onto its roof before exploding and I feel a little warm inside, time to sneak my way to the first AAA gun. Theres lots of KPA running around so the less a commotion I make the better for my chances of survival.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with that down, lets tag all the KPA around the gas station :)

Assault: 0.5
    I head back to the rocky ledge and bi-noc the gas station, nothing, I check the surrounding area before and tag 3 guys in the trees to my left before...

oh **** OW OW OW **** **** OOH GROUND! <THWACK!>,

[​IMG]

I misplace my footing and crash down the rock face landing behind them as they walk off, I wait for them to leave before thinking about what to do next. might as well let the NVG's recharge whilst im thinking,

[​IMG]

Assault: 0.6
    Just as I leave the bush I walk into these guys, I tag them before moving on, it seems there are 3 patrols of 4 KPA walking around this area, couldnt have chosen a safer path through if i tried :/

[​IMG]

i sit and wait for an opening. when one presents itself i will move.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 0.7
    i head out narrowly missing another group heading for me, as i slip past them im nearly blinded by hte NVG's, the sun has come up so i take them off and carry on,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are joined by another group who walk on past, i see my opening and leave, i sit in the rocks overlooking the front of the gas station and snipe a guard in the garage, others come out and die with him. i see ammo and stuff in the gass station itself but im full to the brim, i head out following the road east.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get up and go to leave when something catches my eye, i cant quite make out what it is tho thanks to a no smoking sign.

[​IMG]

I snipe the sign, oh hello!

[​IMG]

I wave at him and he waves back. I shoot him in the face and leave.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault: 0.8
    found the first AAA gun, now to get to it.

[​IMG]

its a bit of a drop to get there tho so i double back until i find an easier place to slide down.

[​IMG]

I slide down the rock face an make my way to it and spot 2 flares racing upwards, odd I havent been detected, but then there are lots of troops running about so maybe it was one of them.

[​IMG]

I take out the guards before looking for C4 to destroy the AAA gun with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find the C4 and lace the charge to the gun. retreating i light the blue touchpaper :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 more to go

[​IMG]

Assault: 0.9
    a chopper is inbound, i prep my RL as fast as i can only to watch it turn back and start shooting at hte US troops, i could leave it but theres a chance it'll come after me. its some distance away but i manage to take it down but exhaust the RL, i dump it and head towards the the bridge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.0
    theres a KPA jeep at the otherside of the bridge and some grunts coming accross it, dropping to prone i take out the prescision rifle and fire away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres a fun trick, i shoot out the front right tire and the weight of the engine causes the jeep to tilt forwards, its rear left is visible through the passenger winshield, and we all know whats on the left backside of a jeep dont we oh fuel can spotters ;)

[​IMG]

you can just spot the top of the fuelcan by the crosshair
    [​IMG]

I fire at the fuel tank from the front and start it burning :thumb:

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.1
    knowing the jeep is burning out plucky gunner thinks he can escape, not so. he is shot before the jeep goes up, i giggle to myself as i snipe away the last few KPA, coor a rhyme :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault: 1.2
    crossing the bridge i spot some boats racing around in the water below, an excellent opportunity for some extreme sniping, i take out the gunner on the one boat only to be fired at by another, i turn my sights on him he is shot in turn. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.3
    I cross over the bridge and destroy the jeep on the otherside to stop it being used against me + im feeling destructive and wanna see another explosion :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres no one here so I take the out hte bi-nocs and scan towards where the supposed 2nd AAA should be, i wait for a plane to pass over and sure enough the AAA gun reveals itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to make my way there. on the way I see 3 KPA coming down the road, I leap on a rock an tag them before waiting for them to get in closer, whem im comfortable with the range i set about taking them down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.4
    I scan the area again to see a snipers tower sitting on the shores beind the AAA gun, 260m ish to the shot, I take aim, fire and miss. I knew there was a reason i didnt take this precision sodding rifle, its powerfull but at that range its hardly accurate. :grr:

I fire again this time taking his head off. I dump the prescision rifle and get comfortable with the SCAR again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.5
    i get closer and find an FY which i swap to before leaping atop a shed roof an taking out the AAA guards, i need to find C4 tho before i can destroy the AAA, theres some nearby, i just gotta find it.

I do however find my trusty "f*ck you" gun (FY) and open up on the KPA around the base of the AAA gun. they're moving about a bit so i drop em with the tactical attachment before sniping thier sleeping faces off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whilst im playing with the group near the AAA gun a lone KPA comes along the shore and gets within a comfortable range of me, i decide to reileve him of his comfort with a good kick in the balls :hehe: before moving in on the AAA gun itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

two more KPA lurking behind the gun, we play shooty-shooty games for a min before I bring it to an explosive end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I head around the back of the AAA to find the C4 I need as well as a infinate spawning box of rocket launchers, excellent, I decide to open up on the boats hovering around. I might need to come back this way for something which will be revealed later on so i shoot out the mines with a scoped FY before heading back to destoy the AAA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lace the AAA with C4 and detonate

[​IMG]

WTF, its still alive?

[​IMG]

lets try again with MOAR EXPLOSIVES! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Dec 2009
  4. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

:jawdrop:

Can I ask what your hardware spec's are to be running crysis that good?

5. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Nice walkthrough dude! Well done, I'm going to have to have another playthrough of the crysis campaign soon!

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm inspired to do another playthrough. Although I must ask, anyone here know of a mod that makes NightVision not Green, because that is so 70s.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nothing that special

Q9450 running at 3.6ghz
    nforce 780i
    3x 8800GTX 768mb's in Tri-SLI config
    x-fi elite pro outputing SPDIF to z5500's
    4gig corsair cominator (cant remember what times i set them to)
    2.4TB across 5 drives
    1300w tagen psu

I do however have some tailormade inf's hacked out from det 190.58 as well as custom cVAR files for crysis which is also running in 64bit

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault 1.6
    with that destroyed the VTOLS start dropping troops closer to the harbor, psycho informs me that there is a 3rd AAA inside the harbor itself. i pull open the map before deciding where to go next, hmmm it looks like the water will be the quickest way now that ive cleaned out the boats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.7
    i start swimming towards the beach before i decide to bi noc them mid swim, sure enough i hear rustling in the foilage before the tagger tags something, i check the map, looks like a lone KPA doing the rounds, i think theres more of them so i wait for the one to walk away from the beach before i power swim there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 1.8
    I reach the beach as psycho tells me hes spotted a comms terminal with the location of armaments in the harbour that will be needed to destroy the AAA, why he didnt just get the info himself I dont know.

[​IMG]

sure enough that one KPA i tagged actually turned out to be 6, on different patrol paths, i tag the rest and slide onwards being weary of thier routes. i crawl my way through the tomato (i think) fields before waiting for them to pass. i'll try slide into the base get the intel and get out without alerting anyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

sli 8800 gtx

not special.

Not sure if troll...

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

not compared to whats out on the market.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault: 1.9
    I climb the rocks by the entrance and tag around. a sniper and machine gun nest. they are facing the otherway so i think i can do this quietly :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

almost there....

[​IMG]

Assault: 2.0
    doh, got the wrong house. checking the map I can see its the one next to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i let the suit recharge hoping that no one is going to enter the house im in before heading out and slipping into the right one this time. Got the intel and the locations of the weapons depot. Now to get out of here and not get killed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 2.1
    I manage to sneak out the base without alerting anyone and proceed and tag the entrance to the harbor, its heavily defended, I'm not going that way in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at the map i see a quiet area over by the carpark, Ive an idea of leaping over teh fence but first i have to get past the patrolling KPA first. I wait for them to pass before cloaking my way towards the harbor carpark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 2.2
    another patrol, this time they are on the road island, letting them pass i sneak up to the top and bi-noc the area. (i know i know your bored of all this sneaking and bi-noc'ing but im using this as an illustration to prove that you can be very stealthy if you wish as well as going gung ho nuts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the corner of the carpark is a sewer entrace, looks like an idea to me. lets go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 2.3
    I reach the sewer access and climb on down, before swimming across to the next opening. I check the map to see where it will take me out before cloaking up the ladder and recc'ing the opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

TriSLI 8800GTX is pretty special still.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault: 2.4
    two kpa on the exit, one of them walks past the manhole whilst the other has a smoke, I wait for the one the pass before climbing out and grabbing the smoker and throwing him down the sewer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tag the other KPA who has walked off and seing as he's isolated decide to take him out quietly. when suddenly....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<BANG!!!!>

the KPA's head vanishes, what the fu...

<BANG!!!!>

Its Psycho! the stupid **** has starting firing on KPA in the harbor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the whole area goes batshit. sure enough the radar picks up the ones I tagged at the entrance and oh dear ****ing lord they are coming through the god damn walls! so much for sneaking in silently ffs :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more KPA are on route, I gotta get outta here! :waah:

Assault: 2.5
    KPA incoming I drop back into the sewers and leave psycho to piss about on his own, I swim further down the tunnel and come out another manhole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks like ive managed to slip past them, I climb out and look back at where I was, it's swarming with KPA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eeek:

I slide away and seek cover behind a crate next to the storehouse just as the cloak gives way. I breathe a sigh of relief as I'm not spotted. :thumb:

[​IMG]

Assaukt: 2.6
    I check the map and see I'm right next to a weapons cache, there are C4 explosives that I going to need to take out the AAA gun.

I poke my head inside the storehouse and spot 4 kpa more interested in whats going on outside, this is good as thier backs are to me, I slip in under cloak and raid some packs of C4 before heading back out the way I came.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 2.7
    i hear a boat rolling around the harbor so i'll have to watch my step, I'll need to take it out to get at the ECM destroyer but we'll sort that later, I need to plan how im going to get to that AAA without being seen.

as im checking the map i hear the KPA in the storehouse start going nuts, theres also gunfire going off. its not me, it must be....

Assault: 2.8

...Psycho! hes got KPA firing at him, takes the heat off me but he cant open up on targets around the harbor whiles hes being pinned down. I decide to help my fellow Englishman.

I head around the back of the storehouse and spot psycho taking fire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 snipers are better then one so I climb atop the roof of the storehouse and open fire at various kpa around the pier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

right then. lets even the tables a little shall we?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assalt: 2.9
    With psycho secure i can head towards the AAA gun, but before i do lets get rid of that boat cruising around the harbour.

[​IMG]

Assault: 3.0
    crap, I forgot about the sunroof of the storehouse and I'm spotted and fired at, I return the love with several kpa inside and drop a grenade down for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think i got them all, i'll check out the store house properly now its clear, but first, time to sink the tub toy :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now we go destroy the AAA gun. :)

14. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

WHEN IS TANKS? TANKS FAVOURATE PART OF CRYSIS. SHOULD HAVE MADE LONGER ALSO EXCELLENT ENGLISH THIS MORNING. CAPLOCK IS WINNING AT LIFE.

MOAR

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:eeek: actually I completed Onslaught lastnight and im just sorting out the write up now, theres not much more of Assault left to go so keep your pants on.

16. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

oh ok. keep up the good work. does make me want to install crysis again.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Assault: 3.1
    back on the ground i check out the storehouse, I was hoping for a fresh RL but instead there is only FY ammo and shotguns. I take the FY ammo and head off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 3.2
    I make my way towards the AAA gun over the cargo containers, found the gun. dropping down Ii go to plant C4 when i spot a kpa near me, might as well silence him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with the AAA gun rigged with 2 sets of C4 i retreat and detonate, job done. Psycho informs me of the ECM ship blocking comms and allied air strikes, i need to get inside and disable its jamming gear..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 3.3
    there it is, now im going to show you a really cheeky way of getting onboard it.

[​IMG]

normally you'd have to fight your way around the harbor to get to the otherside where you can successfully strength jump aboard the stern, dropping into the water I swim towards the bow of the cruiser.

[​IMG]

getting roughly in position i swim downwards several meters before switching to speed and swimming towards the surface as fast as i can, if your accuracy is good the inertia when you leave the water will carry you up and onto the ship :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assault: 3.4
    I hear a chopper incoming, ive only got 2 shots left in the launcher so I better make them count. I slip in cloak and wait fo the chopper to appear.

[​IMG]

lol, it starts shooting at psycho who is cleaerly unimpressed with the language im hearing over the binocs, with its attention drawn i shoot it down piece of piss :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Are you going to be doing this for Warhead as well?

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wasnt really planning on it, whilst good the pacing is a little off compared to the original.

20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Goddamn, I can't wait for the alien craft interior, that place would really worry me if I were doing an ironman run :( The concept's new to me, I might try it - think the vehicle levels would end me, though, nevermind the end boss.