1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo of the Day

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by bentleya, 25 Jul 2009.

1. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Tidy, yours is much more interesting :)

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got these a little while ago for an OU Photography Course I did with sixth form. Thought they'd be appropriate for this forum :)

EDIT: I just realised I posted these on here before :/ oh well

Last edited: 12 Jun 2010
  3. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I like yours, it's very airy.

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Thanks :) Looking at it again I should have toned down the greens a little in PP, that leaf to the left sticks out like a dog's winky. Live and learn.

5. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Mine was pretty much a fluke to be honest. I was trying out my new tripod and the light just happened to be just right.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just been out and taken a few of the sky. The sun was just right and made for an epic cloud.

I really wanted to be up in a helicopter to get the entire length of it, or at least a wide angle lens, but alas, my Casi Exilim isn't that good, :D

So here it is, the rip on space, :D

[​IMG]

Also, I want to share this as I think its probably one of best shots I've ever gotten,
    [​IMG]

7. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

[​IMG]
    My burgers are better than my pictures.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2010
  8. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

protip: resize before upload

9. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Spirit of Rock, I approve :rock:

Only suggestion, I might go for a tighter crop, really throw the focus on him.

10. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

[​IMG]

Couple of months old, from a trip to the Peak District. I've just got my hands on Lightroom 3, absolutely loving it - makes it very easy to blitz through a big batch of photos, and you can get quite creative with the looks.

11. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

@Sifter3000

Simply awesome. :)

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

[​IMG]

Okay that's not from today, but it's from the set I uploaded to Flickr today. At 3:40 or so I thought about hitting the bed, but instead I grabbed my bicycle and went for a spin around the sleepy city :) The shots didn't turn out too well (there are still a couple on the set), but I'm so gonna do that again pretty soon. It's so lovely to just ride around with no traffic anywhere.

13. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

@Jipa

I like that shot. Are you sure the time was 3:40 in the morning.. I see sun in the sky. amazed.

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Twilight starts at about 2am in Scandinavia at this time of year and it doesn't really get dark at night. I was woken up by the bright orange glow at this time when I visited Gothenburg a couple of weeks back.

15. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

Man.... you cannot imagine how I am excited about the climate there. I want to live there.. what about future in Software field there? :D :D :D

16. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

That's a good eye on you. I cropped it that way because they were shooting a video during the performance which was unique to this event and special for the band, hence the boom camera above his head and the camera man behind him. It works for the client but not for the casual viewer. I should probably do a second variation with just him.

17. Jipa

Oh shoulda been more clear with that. That shot isn't from today, it's actually from last autumn. I just found it today when browsing through Tampere shots, didn't remember even taking it, so I guess it kinda fits the topic :p

I live in the southern Finland so we don't /REALLY/ get midnight sun (in the northern parts they already have 24/7 sun), but the day is officially about 20 hours long, and during the remaining 4 hours it isn't what you call dark either. The summers sure are a thing I'm gonna miss if I ever move abroad.

18. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

@Jipa..

Buddy.. you're living in heaven.. You know here in india (Gujarat) we have average 45 degree Celsius temperature in summer. I'm tired of it now.. It was maximum 46C this summer. Still waiting for monsoon. And there is no sign of it. This hot summer is a killer. :(

19. Jipa

That's wayyyyy too much for my liking. Sure, it depends on humidity and stuff like that (+37 in Australia didn't kill me), but if I could choose, I'd pick something between 25-30 C and a light breeze. But I'll also tell you -25 C + 8 m/s wind isn't too heavenly and IMO just sucks major ass. But anyway enough of that, lets not derail the whole thread!

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

*****. :p
    I love Delhi summers. Gives you an excuse to stay indoors and drink vodka tonics.