1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Apple tries harder to prevent upgrades

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 16 May 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ From the article:
    Ah, it's so nice when the rest of the world finally catches up with what psychologists knew all along... :rolleyes:

Surprising? Not at all. I am willing to bet good money, that you'll find the same areas of brain light up when people worship their Jimmy Choo's, their prestige cars, their football club. Heck, I see some serious religious fervour going on right on these here forums when people argue the relative merits of ATi vs. nVidia, AMD vs. Intel and PS3 vs. XBox. Believers, aren't we all?

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

If you want to keep your warranty, then you need to go to an Apple-store and have new hardware installed by an Apple-technician using parts aproved by Apple.

There's no difference to a car there, so I really can't understand all the outrage.

Either you want those two years warranty, or you go and install a new disk and modify the fan yourself... it's your choice.

And no, I'm not a fanboy. I'm just able to think about stuff without hyperventilating instantly when I hear about a fruit.

4. veato

veato I should be working

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Disciple then? :p

Elton likes this.
  6. veato

:hehe:

No not even that. This is my first Apple product (prefer HTC sense to anything iOS and have no interest in their locked down tablets either). When I'm defending the Mac I'm not defending Apple, I'm defending my decision to buy one over a self build as it made more financial sense for my needs.

7. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

But why do you feel the need to defend it, anyway? I'm not criticizing your decision here, I have a Mac, I also have a gaming pc and enjoy using both of them - in fact I probably agree with you (but only because 27 inch displays are so damn expensive).

It just seems pretty foolish to be arguing about something on an internet forum, when for you, you know you are right.

8. veato

No reason really other than trying to add a balanced opinion to the "zomg Macs are such a rip off" argument.

Tags: Add Tags