Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, the head does need nidding up, I forgot to mention that in the post.

I'm waiting for everything else to dry before I get onto that, though. Fortunately, there's a fair amount of tyranid bits included, given the multi-purpose boxes they give you.

2. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

Love the Harpy mate. I don't think much needs doing to the head tbh, maybe just a touch of nidding up like you say.

I've been a little bored and have decided to have a mess around with my spare OOP Lords and have decided to make them look a little less like metal tomb kings and little more like badass space robots:

[​IMG]

P&M Blog over here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/387757.page

3. liratheal

I didn't realise that was a multi-part staff until I saw the other pictures.

I like it, man, very nice.

4. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

So this green stuff is gw modelling putty..... used to use miliput myself when i was into this stuff many moons ago...

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

liratheal a trygon or a mawloc head would look pretty awesome on the Harpy.

6. liratheal

Greenstuff - Kneadite by another name. Incidentally, cheaper by that name.

I did try some trygon heads, but they didn't appeal overly to me, and the person this is for wasn't a fan of them to start with, which is why I didn't bother going much further with them.

Did some work on an AoP board today, for my Dark Eldar:

[​IMG]

Webway portal, Imperial line, going to be DE storming out. The intention is to light the portal, UV, with a smoke perspex "portal" to give it a weird-ish glow. Two squads of Kabalite warriors, one venom, two raiders, one squad of wyches, Lelith Hesperax, and a Talos Pain Engine.

I hope to win the local store, but I stand no chance against the GD entrants, having seen some already, so I shan't bother with that aspect most likely.

7. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Decied I'm starting fantasy, going to pick up a Vampire counts Battalion

8. SkullMunch

SkullMunch What's a Dremel?

Excellent choice :) I play VC and love them to bits lol

Thinking of starting up 40k though too, loving the sisters of battle models. Anybody know what's up with them? Codex in WD?!?! Maybe getting new models?

9. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Apparently Ogres are getting a load of new models, and potentially a new army book. I'm expecting them to appear at Games Day UK. I have pictures off of /tg/ on 4chan but I cannot find them now... :/

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

All the Orge pics, will be out next month

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312627

As for releases into next year it will most likely go like this

Warhammer
    Orgre kindgoms

Wood Elves
    Bretonnians
    Dwarfs

Sisters WD book Aug/Sep
    Necrons

Tau
    6th edition

The reasoning on the above for warhammer- ogres already confimed, wood elves badly need a rules update as their unplayed in the current edition, Bretonnians need a army refresh.
    Dwarfs rumours of new slayer kit in development- would mean end of 2012 release.

40k Sisters we already know about, Necrons have been un-offical confirmed for ages pulling of all old models/no finecast minatures.
    Tau codex is out of date with the current 40k rule book so need to be brought into line.
    6th edition long standing rumour but likely due to age of the current book.

A good way at current in seeing what army will be coming out next is the amount of finecast minatures it has had released for it- which necrons/orgres have had none. Will become harder as more finecast is released.

11. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Personally I'm hopeing for a Grey Knights Second wave, well not even a second wave just release mordak and the ghost knights

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Was just chatting to a guy in the Nottingham store about those. No hints on whether they would be arriving at all but we were discussing a few colour schemes and ways of doing the ghost knights. Something I might try my hand at.

On another note, today was the first time in 8 years I put brush to model...

It's nothing like riding a bike, either my expectations have got a lot higher or I am more than a lot rusty, hopefully the latter as I can get better.

Anyone got any recommendations for a clamped on desk lamp? I have great light during the day but in the evenings the light in this room sucks to the big one. I am thinking about something along the lines of a full spectrum LED or halogen.

13. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

I play wood elf!

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Thats Lit's fault. Seriously. My friend asked if I wanted to attempt a painting... I did, he thought it was great and all I wanted to do was beat Liratheal to death with a brick for having the hands of The God-Emperor!

On a totally unrelated note: Does anybody fancy reading some Space Marine fan-fiction (Not you Phalanx if you read this :p) to see if they enjoy it?

B

16. liratheal

[​IMG]

Done some work on the Imperial line that'll be being assaulted by Dark Eldar. Yes, there are really only going to be three guys, yes they are boned.

17. liratheal

[​IMG]

The prizes I got for winning the competition with that dragon - DE Venom and Talos Pain Engine. Incidentally, they're going on the AoP board.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Congrats on the win!

19. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Congratz your painting is really brilliant, deserved to win.

Now to improve my painting lol

20. liratheal

Thanks guys :p

Next challenge is to win AoP in the store >.>