1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

You must own your own kingdom buddy. A modding heaven perhaps. You rock buddy I truly cant find any words to describe my enthusiasm... :)

2. BlancAnarchy

BlancAnarchy What's a Dremel?

Congratulations, awesome work. The case is a piece of artwork :p

3. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

looks pretty awesome, even with hardware :p

4. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Very nice build you have there, what graphics card is that?

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I was hooked from the first update.
    80 pages later, I still don't have words to describe what you've made. Maybe after 80 more, I'll be able to comprehend this creation.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thank you Leandro :)

Looking in awe at everyone elses projects & my seemingly undying enthusiasm for modding is what made this :D if it weren't for the modders who've been around for a longer time making my modding skills feel a bit meh :lol: & the very high level of quality they do I doubt I'd have tried so hard :D cheers Alex :).

Cheers mate & it's just a box with holes in like my dad says :lol: but a very luxurious box with holes in :D.

:D Cheers bud :) I need to get some good shots of the lighting though, looks much better to the eye ;).

Cheers Boscoe the GPU is a gtx 580 that I bought not long after it released & it's not been put to much work with me being busy doing this but can finally enjoy it at last :clap::rock::D.

:D Cheers KidMod that actually makes sense :D & I wonder what I could turn this into with 80 more pages :lol: but I'm happy with how much better & faster I've got at fabricating stuff now, next mod should be great as long as I think think think until I have a fantastic design worthy of another log :).

7. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

It's alive! :D ... and looking fantastic :thumb:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Gtek :) Oh it's excellent to finally have it in use now, gonna keep me smiling for quite a bit this one :D:thumb:.

9. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

10. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Hey, thanks for the tip - that's even cheaper (shipping costs INCLUDED) than the cheapest place I could find here in Denmark.

I'd give you some rep, if I still didn't have to spread some around to other people first. ;)

11. Topper96

Topper96 What's a Dremel?

So.. When is this going into production?? :D Stunning

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Eh, looks almost like you got my old soundcard there. :D

Yours:

Mine:

[​IMG]

Did you paint the PCB side with UV paint like I did?

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:rock::D

I've seen them cheaper than that also mate so shop around :thumb: these cheaper ones aren't very capable with 1.5mm alu upwards though but 1mm it does a great job so good for basic stuff :).

:D Thanks Topper, if I had the resources I'd be already making some extra ones :D but I know when I've done a case that had some new challenges I should be able to do it again in a heck of a shorter time, but I'd like to keep on challenging myself for the next few years at least if possible :D.

:D Snap :lol: but I only did the edges, I'd like to switch over to a pci-x card but finding one at a nice price that is as good or better than the auzentech prelude isn't easy, I don't fancy splashing out near £200 for one :lol: there was an asus one that really caught my eye but needed extra power from a floppy power lead so that completely put me off it :( more awkward cables everywhere :lol::duh:.

Got the RGB control box ordered so should have it on Wednesday :) I just didn't want to put the side panels on until it is 100% complete :thumb:.

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

You crammed everything in there really well mate, the cable management looks fantastic. Very well done :thumb:.

15. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Love the choice of lighting, perfect! and this is still my #1 choice for MOTY. Please let me know when it's officially completed dude, everyone on casemodblog will love it :thumb:

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Cheers Jase I'm still working on it though to get it so I can't fault it :lol: only little things to do on it though :).

:blush::D Thank you Bill :rock::thumb: & I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's 100% :).

The more the side panels were off & it being right next to me the more I started disliking the lighting lol I think all the fan holders need are little covers for the tops to cut off the excess light but only in the slot for the fan where the bare led strips are, anyway I put the side panels on to get a better feel for it all & glad I did :D.

I actually thought the temps might be even better with the panels on because of the design but noted temps are about the same, not better not worse unless you consider 1 or 2c warmer as worse :D, I also had the iffy RGB strip working but I really couldn't figure out what I was doing right when I had it working so was completely hit & miss but should have no probs when the new cable comes, I took it to the scroll saw instead of grinding it slimmer on the disc sander (lesson learnt on that now :D) think I'll keep it set on orange light as it's closest to the copper & it also creates a very cool effect on the fan spinner pieces I made but I'll have the option to pick quite a nice bunch of colours or even have it slowly fade into all the different colours which is quite nice :) or switch them off if they get irritating, the apollish fans I enabled the rear 2 the front one is too bright & makes the front look wrong so this makes it look nice with just that one switched off.

I've also ordered white led strips to see if I prefer them in the fan holders, the uv is quite overwhelming to be honest & not really a part of the colours I had in mind but felt I should experiment so might end up with all white or uv or a mix of both, would have been nice to use RGB strips in them but the control box would be very difficult to hide to keep cables neat but I'm going to take apart the faulty one I have to see if I could make a slightly smaller box for it so it can fit under the hdd cages, if I can then maybe it will be RGB in the fan holder stick pieces :).

Took a few more pictures since I put the panels on, also disabled the mobo led's, got some nice shots 53 taken 21 shown.

[​IMG]

Glad I did this photoshoot as it's reminded me I need to place the windows better so they reflect everything correctly :blush::D.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if I'm over doing it with the photos, just it looked good when I put the panels on & couldn't resist :D.

I think I should make a big sturdy lazy susan with alu/copper marquetry for easy maintenance & better photos :D after making that optical tray & the yin yang 120 I know I can do metal marquetry with the scroll saw wooooo :D with 2mm upwards I can do it nicely, 1mm it's surprisingly more tricky probably because it cuts faster & easier. I like to do a side project after a big one to ease myself back to normal so I slow down the modding withdrawels by not having a sudden stop lol.

17. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Absolutely beautiful case Wayne. :thumb:

Your perseverance will pay off with perfect lighting ;)

18. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

19. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

More money shots are always a plus dude. It looks amazing. I agree with you on the UV light problem. White or orange will look better, and with a light in the main chamber it will look EVEN BETTER!

It's a beauty. Front page and MOTY worthy!

20. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I agree with the lighting colors of using orange or white.

This is just turning out incredible Wayne. You've done a fantastic job on this.