1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Ever heard of a series called Planetside? It was an MMOFPS that was battlefield-esque in the sense of big scale, vehicles etc. In fact, they're making a sequel now which may be of interest to you :)

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So you think Battlefield 3 sucks? Then stop playing it then lol

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Several hackers today.

FFS, just why?

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hehe. I am looking forward to this. :hehe:

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

MAG had a massive player count but was focused fights between 32 vs 32 no more.

You could increase the BF player count but the problem is when everyone decides to all go to the same place, think the enginge would have a fit working everything out.

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

No, I think a game mode sucks.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hackers all over the place

The hack used tonight meant you couldn't spawn without getting headshotted. Dice and PB need to get a grip

8. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

I think I'm lucky only having suffered a hacker once so far. As a side note, what annoys me nearly as much are the morons who use the comms box to spout rubbish about anyone that kills them being a hacker.

Don't get me started on people shouting RPG/M230/any gun that kills people noob. :sigh:

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Apart from low life scum that cheat my next pet hate is the noob word, i have never used it and never will, IMO if the weapon is there you should be able to use it

10. nchhabs

Haha yeah, I get accused of hacking most times I hop into a tank but I don't mind - it's often taken as a compliment. I think the rage against RPG use for CQC is justified occasionally as the shooter never seems to take damage despite it being point blank, but it's an instakill to the enemy (same with the m320). I think the M320 explosive damage will go down a little bit in the next patch according to Demize99's pre-emptive patch notes (iirc), so that should hopefully minimise the issue somewhat. The thing is, using the RPG or M320 for CQC is a bit of a crutch for many players, and it's fair enough because there are no rules against it on most ranked servers, but every time I use them I feel a bit cheap - I much prefer using my trusty magnum, which takes a bit more skill due to its lower fire rate and moving accuracy. It's nicely balanced by the stopping power however :thumb:

There's nothing like sniping a sniper with a SMAW though - I applaud people who use the launchers like that.

*goes back to uni revision lol*

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Now thats deadly, giving you a tank is not fair lol :lol::lol:

13. Combinho

Yeah, it is cheap, but it doesn't happen that often. More common is being cooped before at the ticket hall in Op Metro because of it. It annoys me, but if you decide to play on a 64-player Op Metro server, what do you expect? To then complain is just petty in my opinion.

Taking out anybody in a building with RPG is fun. Although I have been called an RPG noob for doing that. My question, should I just let the sniper kill me instead? :duh:

14. nchhabs

Oh yeah, Metro servers tend to be total cluster****s when it comes to RPG/M320 use, I've been on servers where my screen hasn't stopped shaking at right stairs for a solid few minutes, it's insane. Despite that it can still be a load of fun if you manage to find choke/weakpoints send a few nades in. Most people who feel that strongly about RPG/M320 use will likely find a non-explosives server, but I'm not sure if those rules are allowed in the Rules of Engagement set out by Dice for ranked servers. In any case, it's a grey area for those server admins.

I don't think there's anything wrong with blowing snipers out of buildings using RPGs, that's actually one of the most useful roles they play - anti-cover in addition to anti-tank.

15. nchhabs

This is absolute gold:

16. Combinho

That is awesome. Loved the epic escape attempt...

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lol nice, shame about the joypad but still.

on an unrelated note my old man came around today and in the midst of talking he asked me if I had heard of a game called battlefield 3, (he'd seen it being played at a friends house on a toybox over xmas) and he said it looked pretty good, so I showed him it on a proper machine and let him run through operation swordbreaker of the campaign.

now my old man is an ex serviceman who served during the troubles in Northern Ireland during the 70's and whilst on patrol with colleagues; was ambushed by a sniper and shot through the leg, under fire and wounded he went out into the open and retrieved a fellow wounded soldier. they kinda make a hoohah about this so after meeting the Queen he received the M.M for gallantry.

anyway long story short he couldn't finish the level and had to stop at being engaged by the sniper on the roof, not through lack of ability but fear. apparently DICE's sound team did such a job of the audio that it took him back to that time during the troubles and he couldn't go on.

a testament to BF3's audio if ever there was one.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Incoming rounds are certainly good but it's next to impossible to differentiate between the weapons.

Unlike ARMA 2 which has it almost spot on.

Also Gun, be interested to know in which area he served, guessing Armagh, South. Although don't recall this particular incident.

19. nchhabs

Wow, that's an awesome story - your old man sounds like a legend. :rock:

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a quick googling and I found a statement made by the man my father saved:

unfortionatly the guy lost his leg.