1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Had a cough for few weeks i can feel glands swollen over my neck and under my chin they don't hurt and are kinda unsettling as some have been there just randomly appearing.

Really irritating pain in my back when it gets bad all the muscles tense up and i feel like im walking weird it goes all the way down to the tail bone

Probebly going to the doctors about both things soon

College is going pretty rough the worst day is gone atleast

Good part is i have a week off work so a free weekend! HIGH FIVE! :rock:

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

the onset of what feels like yet another ear infection... plus 'the usual'

*facepalm*

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It'll massive effect the franchise.

I'll get my coat.

5. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Having trouble getting hold of a place to take my motorcycle curse, having nothing but bad luck with the ladies and my 2003 chevy tracker is slowly dieing everyday i use it

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I've run out of bread

7. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Filing court papers for the eviction.

Here's hoping everything goes to plan, otherwise I am out $235

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here much this week at all, and I'm starting to dislike posting from Tapatalk because of some bugs with it/my phone at the moment.

Really sorry to hear about your accident and subsequent departure from University mate :( Although, talk of a "life reset" makes me kinda jealous to be honest. BUT, it's a new year and I'm trying to stay positive about stuff, and it hasn't started too badly for me so far. Just busy as usual, and bills as usual. Not much has changed actually...

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Retarded buyers on ebay ( so.... many.... ).

Guy buys 2 of my paintings, asks for invoice with combined shipping costs, so I send him one. He then proceeds to select the option for 'local pick up- free postage' on the invoice and pays only for the paintings, thanks me for not charging any postage. ****ing moron. I then reply that he has selected the wrong postage option ( there are only 2 after all- the combined postage option or collect in person ) & still owes me £2 for postage. I get a message at ~ 11am today saying no problem & he'll pay the postage later today..... no dip-****, you can pay it now while you are by your PC or phone to save me having to wait for hours until I can go down town to the postoffice.

Why do people have so little brain-power these days? It really isn't hard to read 2 lines of text and select the correct option at checkout....

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The opinion bar

11. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Lost my job today.

Hmpf.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

West Midlands is being hit pretty hard with jobs...Feel for you man, hope you pull through..:)

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

A tip from a friend of mine who quit a $70K/year job 6 months after graduating from Uni - if you find yourself grumpy seven weekdays in a row, find something else. I know you love what you do, though, so what's making you jealous of the reset?

Dropping out of Uni was mainly for financial reasons (return on investment is shite, considering that I was an international student at an American university) but also because the pressure to perform not just adequately but excellently was killing me.

An unfortunate side effect of dropping out has been having to reacquaint myself with the third world after having lived in Los Angeles for 3 years, and having to deal with my parents' continuous stream of religious ******** everyday. But I think I can handle it. Being a depressed pisshead is worse.

I hope your new year picks up man, you deserve it (as do most people, I'm sure but you're chatty and nice).

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Does miserable count, if so i'm there... Still looking for a 'something else'...

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I was heavily addicted to Coca-Cola (Stupid I know) and used to drink over 2L a day. I've got a reason to cut down now (Girlfriend) so she's my motivation.

I'm getting some withdrawals at the moment (Keep crashing as it was my only source of caffeine, and a huge drop in sugar intake) and it's just sucking ass at the moment, but I know in the long time it will be worth it.

16. DeadP1xels

I was the exact same way my family would complain after picking 16-20 cans up every 3 days or so i thought it was fine

Decided to kick the habit and for about four days i felt terrible in the afternoon when i would crack the cans instead of feeling normal i was exhausted i would sleep the day away maybe 3 hours it was so annoying

Got better now i drink jusiceburst pure juice drinks have'nt bought a can in about 3 months still drink coke but rare

i did'nt think it was a bad habit till i stopped

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Yeah, I've drank a bit of smoothie, gonna look at fruit juice. Don't want squash as I don't like it that much.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yep, I really do love it but as I've often said, I could work in a postgrad engineering position for someone other than myself from 9-5 Monday to Friday and earn almost the same as what I'm earning now. It would be more if you look at the figures for periods when work is slow for me. I wouldn't have to put in anywhere near as many hours, put up with as much rubbish or do anywhere near as much paperwork. I often think that if I was offered such a job in the morning, I'd take it... but then I think about it and I really do like working for myself. It's not that which makes me want a "reset" though. In fact, I don't really want that at all. What I really want is to be able to go back about 18-24 months (maybe more) and make some different decisions and avoid some major mistakes. Put quite simply, I've got a lot of big regrets from the past couple of years and I'm finding it hard to let them go or do anything positive about them. I'm not grumpy about my job, if anything my job keeps me going. It's the few times per day that I stop thinking about work and think about other things that I feel crap :rolleyes:

That's totally understandable. Other than the part about being at an overseas university, I know exactly what you're talking about. Every time I think about how much my qualifications have cost me to date and compare it with how much more they've allowed me to earn compared with what I would have earned unqualified, I die a little inside. Still, big picture, it's not over yet, there's greener grass and all that :worried:

I can see how moving home after 3 years in L.A. would be a shock to the system. On the flip side, I'm sure moving to L.A. in the first place was awesome! Can't provide any advice on the parental situation I'm afraid. You're right though, being a depressed pisshead in another country has got to be a lot worse than spending time with family at home, no matter how anoying they are :)

Thanks dude, I hope things pick up as well. It's going to be another long year but I'm doing my best to right some wrongs and I plan on trying my hand at re-building a couple of burnt bridges in the near future too. The GT4 project getting off the ground would really make my year, so let's hope that starts moving forward soon :)

A very belated happy NY to you, SS :thumb:

19. DeadP1xels

[​IMG]

I swapped my coke for these in different flavours the package claim it counts for one of your 5 a day although i don't count it myself

There will be benefits from kicking the sugar at the same time i got rid of all sugary snacks and 80% of bad things i still eat the odd bag of chips and cake but generally eat healthy and pay attention to the labels

Wake up feeling alive at 7am rather than groggy and zombie like till 11am

20. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I have started to hate these late middle-day zombie wake-ups + being unemployed for month, it's getting bit irritating as I'm so lazy trough the day and I don't get anything done and just sit here at PC drooling peoples hardware and homestudios and play BF3 or WoT :D

Maybe I should start to get rid of all these snacks and start to do physical activities again.