1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Apples haters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 21 Apr 2012.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I like Windows and Mac I have one of each.

I don't understand why people hate Apple just for trying to create the best user experience possible? I was watching some vids on youtube on different phones and most of the comments were written by haters saying that iOS is the worst thing ever created because they can't change the theme...

It seems to me because Apple is so good looking and it is fact they are fantastically made and the software is amazing that 13 year old spotty no life kids who play minecraft seem to pick out the tiny-est faults and blow them out of proportion because the latest beta alpha whatever won't work on mac - not that I value 13 year old spotty no life kid's who play minecraft opinion! I have had people describe the entire Macbook product line as useless crap because they don't have a delete key but they do have the best keyboard layout ever introduced on a laptop which every PC manufacturer seems to like copying. But it's that could because there is no unnecessary delete key.

I realise haters will hate but why are people so shallow that they can't see what Apple are trying to do with their beautiful products?

Just walk into John Lewis tech department for example and compare how the Windows laptops and Apple products are presented!

EDIT; Just a quick edit, you seem to have Apple on a downer because of hardware, which is understandable on a PC forum! Remember it dosen't matter what hardware you have if the software is poor, I think Apple makes up for the speed (and is faster overall than PC) with the software.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2012
  2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

My complaint with apple isn't the ui or anything like that. Its tye samn price. They charge well above what they should for what is usually only "okay" hardware. I do wonder how they've not been done for anti-trust and unfair marketing practices.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Some people love it others done, it's quite simple.

I had a physics teacher at A level, and he love his mac because he knew it would all work, and if there were any issues, they should be easy to solve due to it all being limited hardware etc.

And that was the very reason I don't particularly like them, their limited customisability etc.

And also, some people just aren't bothered by the looks so much, and wouldn't want to pay more for it. (myself included)

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I don't hate apple, but I would never buy an apple product. It is overpriced /under spec and although it is really well designed I like to be able to have a choice. I want a screen on my phone which is bigger than 3.7" i want to be able to have a customer message tone without having to jailbreak.

I can accept that Apple are a massively pioneering company that set the trends other companies follow, but they're not for me. I prefer function over appearance

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

My only annoyance with Apple is the massive price increase they slap on in the uk.

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I was an Apple hater and somehow ended up with a 3g iPhone and now on the iphone4......i love them, just so nice to use.

7. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm not anti-apple, but I just don't like how the charge such a premium for their products and they just re-release the same thing with a few small changes every time. I also don't like how they are locked down unless jail broken, this was an issue in the past, not sure how they are today. It's also a bit of an adjustment going from windows to mac. Finally, I just think the new final cut pro X is terribad, in high school I used final cut pro 6 and it was super awesome, the new 10 has all these stupid new features, no save (its supposed to auto-save) and it just doesn't seem to work like it should.

8. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'd honestly buy one for video editing, music and browsing, but the price is just horrible. Give me a £600 Macbook and I may consider, until then I can't stomach it.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I dont hate Apple...

I just hate Apple users..

AmEv likes this.
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This :thumb:

Also ignorant apple users that think there macbook is better than ANYTHIIIIIIING!! because its a macbook

i personally own an older G5 tower a older ipod and an ipad i would love to be able to afford maybe a macbook pro but honestly i could get so much better for so much less

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Whereas other companies sell their products for the same price in the US and Uk? :rolleyes:

12. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

True but a difference of £250 on a mac book pro is a little ridiculous even when you compare tax rates. I am sure other companies do similar pricing but some don't hence I believe my statement as to why I dislike apple still stands.

13. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I don't hate Apple I just don't like them. I don't like the high prices, low specs, the sensation of being confined within my system and the feeling that my equipment would always be a generation or in some cases 2 behind.

Also Apple does not play well with others plain and simple, sometimes they don't even work well with themselves. Wireless has always been a big gripe with Apple, every device I've ever used has always had some kind of connection issue and generally a weaker signal than their counterparts.

I think if you want something nice and pretty to carry around that does basic tasks then sure they work fine for that.

The only real Apple device I would give credit to is the iPod, but I would use something else just so I could have drag and drop and get rid of iTunes

On a side note I have to add I am very upset with HTC. The one X is an amazing phone but it has become an iPhone, a uni-body design and no expandable memory, wtf were HTC even thinking. I would hate to see them start to follow the Apple trend.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

Pfff people feeling the need to defend poor apple:rolleyes:

15. longweight

I don't think a 10% price hike is that surprising and it certainly wouldn't put me off buying a MBP.

I don't hate Apple but I do hate fanboys on both sides of the fence.

Why do people keep mentioning low spec for the price? What products are you referring to?

16. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

I see Apple the same way as I see Modern Art... Pretentious.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

apple prices in uk and usa are no dif to the current 680 prices in the uk its $499 in the uk its around £440 lol

18. longweight

????

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

So lets say you're customizing a normal iMac, one of the 24" range. You decide to add a 1TB Hdd. $300. Moar over here. What the balls. Even a Caviar Black is only pushing $250 at the moment, and Apple are not using 10K RPM drives in their stuff. it's a bog-standard HDD with an extra pin that stops the fan from going ape-****. (Because with the new iMacs; If you use a HDD that isn't sourced from apple FOR that exact iMac; the fans spin up to 100% and stay there.) There may be a hack to get around it, but that's like going to a teacher's meeting and hearing them assure you they always use condoms; it's a good thing, but it should not be needed.

These aren't anything like SAS drives, either, just Apple branded Sata drives, nothing special apart from the slightly modified controller board to stop the aforementioned fan issue.

That's my complaint with Apple's pricing strategy. Overcharging for stuff they shouldn't, and attempting to make it as difficult as possible to circumvent lining their pockets with more money. At least Dell is kind enough to stick to at least some standards!

Example number two; the cheapest of the iMacs currently on their site, you want another 4GB of memory with that? £130. It's only 1333mhz, two 4GB modules! You could buy 16GB of 1866 mhz DDR3 for that!

20. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Apple stuff looks nice, but you pay over the odds for it. Often by a lot. And then you get Apple users who like to cram in your face how good their laptop/phone/mp3 is, even though there are better options out there. So echoing Mankz, it is not the company but the clueless users.