1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

iv found out though science that this game does not like overclocked CPU's... or at least needs more volts than even some CPU stress tests. Very strange but this is likely due to some bug within the code.

If your blue screening, try down clocking a bit, or at a little more voltage. this sorted blue screen for me even tho i passed hours of OCCT.

In other news i have 47 race wins, which means i now have all the hard to get unlocked mods for all cars! :D only level 28 so have some still unavailable but race win bound mods are much grinder to get imo

2. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I was a little disheartened to discover the complete lack of metal in the game's soundtrack, but I rectified that with Self Radio. It took some time but I whittled it down to about 550 of my favourite songs :D

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I know its probably coincidence, but has anyone else noticed that windows updates have recently been applied?

I was pondering that this morning, but haven't had time to uninstall the latest updates..

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Weird, mine still works fine. Last night was my first time flying on the PC, and dear me the controls are awful.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

OH the joys i had trying the flying school :lol:

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

All performance mods with the Sultan RS! best car in the game imo

[​IMG]

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Seriously, it's the occasion when I think plugging the 360 pad in might be worth it.

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i use a PS3 pad with motionjoy

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I interchange between KB+mouse and 360 controller as I play, the vehicle entry animations are just long enough to make the switch.

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

This man knows!

All the accuracy of KBM when shooting, and the ease of use/enhanced control of the Xbox One controlled when flying and driving!

11. techhead

techhead Minimodder

I also use a 360 pad to play . one small grippe to train chop the dog you have to download the IPhone app and link your iPhone to your rockstar account .
    This is impossible for me as I do not own or want a mobile phone

12. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

It doesn't work for PC yet anyway :)

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

GTA5 PC Patch 1.01 notes:
    • Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
    • Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
    • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
    • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
    • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
    • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
    • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
    • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
    • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
    • Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
    • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
    • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
    • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

Sam

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Finally installed - took over 30 minutes. Managed to get the game running at 1080p with my old graphics card - but I've had to turn everything off and change it from DirectX11 to DirectX10.1 - for some reason it uses 50mb less.

Having said that, it now runs really smoothly (over 40fps) - this game is a massive memory hog on graphics cards but it doesn't need much actual firepower apparently. :)

16. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So, I've managed to progress to Trevors now, Decided to not shoot anything and just ram it all, worked well. Re-saved the game and thus far, not encountered the crash. I know i'm not the only one who had it, found a post on Rockstar support, but i can at least continue the game :D

Sam

17. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Downloading tier 2 pre-purchase now after getting back from holiday.

I have not played or seen a single second of this game on any console. I have watched a trailer a year ago, mind. Not even reading this thread for spoilers!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Found the cause of my error I think, Crossfire. Disabled that and bam, straight back into it. Still got the same FPS and higher settings.. Colour me confused.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Decided to buy it and give it a go, and it's not bad but need to get use to the controls and really spend some time practicing to fly.

Running it at 4K with everything on High or Very High with no AA or AF and hitting 60fps and above.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

On disk 2 of 7.....

Damn you internet.

How I get a sub 500k download speed in SW1 I'll never understand.