1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hence one of these being my weapon of choice:

[​IMG]

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Nintendo Switch and Zelda BOTW pre-ordered ready for midnight launch. Words cannot describe how excited I am :D

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

...and my C64-gaming childhood years come flooding back...

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I never really liked the Competition Pro, tbh. The Zipstick was a superior peripheral, imho. I wonder if you can get an Amiga-joystick-to-USB adaptor? I'm sure you must be able to. I've been playing a bit of SWOS recently via WinUAE and using an XBox360 controller just feels all sorts of wrong :D

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yep, me two. I pre-ordered mine when pre-orders opened ages ago. Hopefully the Amazon delivery men will be speedy :rock:

6. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Well NRG:IT got some stock back so looks like can finally get my Christmas Present from other half the Dell S2716DG 144hz 27 Inch QHD Gaming Monitor
    [​IMG]

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Man, is that £450? At that price, frankly I'd want IPS. Another £100 gets you that AND Gsync.

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Cheapest I can see it for is £519, insane price! :jawdrop:

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can: I have one for my ZipStik. Works perfectly.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Those things were nearly indestructible as the plastic was a little softer than the cheaper models, proper micro switches all around and a steel bar up through the stick itself.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ooh, any chance of a link, please? I've got a couple of Zipsticks floating about at home, would be superb to get them up and running for a bit of SWOS or Speedball II action :)

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Exactly! I remember playing Summer Games and Winter Games with my old man - we broke a fair few 'lesser' sticks, and I remember him coming home with these. They're still going strong to this day!

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Me three. Won't be getting mine at midnight, but it's due for delivery same day :D

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

Needed a small monitor for testing etc... with more that just VGA or DVI, that can be tucked out of the way on a wall mount. This is perfect.

15. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]
    OMP Superquadro Steering Wheel from those beautiful people at .demon-tweeks.co.uk

Got a CTR Yellowbird around Nordschleife with the back out so impressively the guy in front of me crashed watching me in his rear view mirror :thumb:
    [serious question: does one spray suede protector on ones OSW wheel?]
    yes torque enough to break your arms @ max, can expect.

16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I am still living my life in the shockwave caused by my C64, all profit todate comes from those days, every thing.

bit man brothers... code masters.. last ninja, buggy boy, outrun, shadow of the beast, otherworld, yar kungfu,

VR has load screens giving credit to these days, you pick up cartridges and load them with the screen going 16bit type front etc. pretty cool Oculus love retro.

California Games:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited: 1 Mar 2017
  17. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Last year i was gifted a gaming pc chair with speakers built in, well the base was utter trash and one day it just broke while i was sat on it when the welds gave way so finally replaced it and the speakers it was functioning as, (it broke not too long ago)

speakers - a cheap set of 2.1's I don't need anything fancy.
    [​IMG]

Chair - A friend got one of these tail end of last year and its pretty good, so went for a slightly different one due to price.
    [​IMG]

New Mouse - needed a new mouse wanted some extra mouse buttons didnt want the large number on the Razer Naga and I have been using Steelseries mice for a while so have a soft spot, enter the Rival 500
    [​IMG]

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can buy cheaper ones (or make one yourself), but this is the one I have. Shows up as a standard USB joystick, so works driver-free with almost any OS (including all the emulator-focused ones for the Pi) and integrates perfectly with emulators, and you can hook up two or more to the same system for multiplayer fun. Works with almost anything from the 8-bit era and some stuff from the 16-bit era, too: single-button joysticks, multi-button joysticks, NES pads, even the six-button Sega Mega Drive pads which use strange encoding. Lovely bit of kit - and open-source, too, so you could always build one yourself if you fancy.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers Gareth. Will venture into the attic over the weekend and see if I can locate my old Amiga gear. I wonder how much an A1200 goes for on ebay these days? :D

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A white Fractal Design Define R5. Ordered from Novatech yesterday afternoon, here 21 hours later.:D:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Mar 2017