1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Banned from Facebook for not having a picture of my face as my profile picture.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

We've been advised not to mess with the ceiling downstairs. Whilst the paper has come off near the edge, there's no bowing or anything like that so it should be fine to leave to dry. Likewise we know the plaster on the wall downstairs will be damp, but it's not come away from the brickwork so it's better to leave it for now. We'll probably replace the plaster in any room we decorate cause it all looks a bit crap, so as long as its not falling off should be OK.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Surface wetting, which may dry out relatively quickly, could still develop water stains or mould requiring remedial treatment/action at a later stage, so you will need to keep an eye on it. But generally speaking you should be fine.

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

That makes a 10.5% raising, that's a bit high for a landlord who doesn't take care of the place. My dad does a 10$ raise every year and take care of the place as if it was his house, he is so often there that the tenants probably think he lives in the shed.

5. Vault-Tec

I'm not paying it, basically. I'm not going to stop paying the rent but she can swivel now. Extra long tenancy? yup I would pay. Make the flat better? I would pay for that too. But to live in a place I have spent a grand on just to make it habitable she can go to buggery.

I want a section 21 and bailiffs. Due to how this country works that is the only way I will end up in secure housing with no moving around all the time.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Being 9 years out of education then throwing myself back into at the deep end doing an computer science access course. I've got all these assignments I have a hard time writing a paragraph let alone 1500 words. I don't even know if what i'm writing is even correct so i keep restarting as the deadline is nearing lol. If anyone can offer support or even look over my assignment so far it would be much appreciated lol.

MLyons likes this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As the guy whose final year 'dissertation' was only about half of the assigned minimum word count [and I had to repeat myself to get to be that long...], probably not best suited to giving advice on this kind of thing.

I can certainly empathise with your plight though, long-winded essays were never my strong suit.

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Only a matter of time before I'm kicked off the Farcebook then...

The wife's daughter got booted out because they said she was not using a proper name. She had simply split her first name with a space and no, it didn't make it look rude.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2017
  9. Vault-Tec

They are on the rampage. I reckon it's because of all of the accusations of Russian influence etc. Still not unlocked mine. Ah well, I will just have to phone every one.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I set my name on Facebook to Arsebiscuits McGee and everything was fine until some humourless crapstain reported me.

alfizzle, MLyons and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Trying to find decently specced DDR4 for less than stupid money... #1stworldproblems

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, prices are horrific just now. No sign of the madness coming to an end any time soon either :(

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Turns out that when I thought "I have a cold, this ache in my jaw will be sinus-related" last week, and thus ignored the pain until it got proper bad this weekend, I was absolutely right: there's nowt wrong with my teeth, I've just got a sinus infection which feels like it's already on the mend.

£20.60 to have that confirmed, mind you, but at least I ain't going to be having an extraction or similarly-expensive procedure any time soon!

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What is the assignment on?

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

£20 is not much for the smug satisfaction of being right :)

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Nice! I'm in about 100 times that after a surgical extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth, the associated consults, and the determination that the wisdom tooth knackerded the tooth next to it necessitating a root canal next week and a subsequent crown restoration. I suspect the Dentist will have a rather more flush Christmas than I this year... Still, it'll make the (infernal) pain stop so I guess it's positive!

17. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

Parcelforce....

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Procrastination? :p

19. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

My daughter tried to phone a friend she made in hospital while they were both having epic spinal surgeries last month. Turns out her friend became ill after discharge, probably not directly linked to op, and died a week later.
    This is the sort of crap a 10yo recovering from surgery doesn't need.

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh bloody hell, that is truly awful.