1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sounds like Huawei learned its lesson from the P9. Shame I have no plans to upgrade until forced!

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

New work boots & the latest Dan Dare Graphic Novel are arriving today.

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Beautiful, have to check that out. Fun fact: Dan Dare was the main inspiration for Warren Ellis' comic Ministry of Space.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I know. MoS is on the same shelf at home :thumb:.

Now that it's here, I can tell you the cover stripe is red not grey.
    BTW - This is Titan Book's 15th volume of DD stories (of which I now have... 15! :grin:).

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Popped back to SSAV today, fortunately less catastrophically expensive than last time...

LG UP970 UHD BD player
    [​IMG]

I wasn't going to pick one up for a bit, but they had an ex display model for cheap.

I needed to pop in anyway to borrow a calibration mic for Dirac on the AVR. There's an included mic, but they say best results come from something higher quality (an XTZ Mic Pro in this case), and borrowing one for zero pounds seems a way better option than spending £120 and using it once.

Also stopped in HMV on the way out and picked up some visually spectacular films to christen the new toys.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray HDR....

so much spam on one cover!

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I guess they figure when they launch at £30 a pop they need to include all the acronyms to justify it.

Even on HMV's 2 for £30 I felt dirty, I don't normally like to spend more than a tenner on a film.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Frame only. This is a lesson in why you never just toss a BMX in the trash, because you may be holding gold. I got the frame stupendously cheap because of this.

[​IMG]

Some donut decided he didn't want brakes. So I got it for peanuts, and I shall be belt sanding that off (mate has one of those natty 2" ones). Why? because this is a Standard STA (Stronger Than All) and they are hand made in the USA and cost about £500, for a frame only. This is a late 90s one they are much lighter now but they are still very valuable. A good example just painted with new decals would run you around £300.

So yeah, that is my next project. Standard started out in '93 and made a few prototypes of the STA without any brake lugs (just the regular bridge)

[​IMG]

So that is what I am aiming for. Frame only right now, not sure I want to build another whole bike.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

32mm pipe coupler with a 1/8th NPT thread in the middle for a temperature sensor.

[​IMG]

I didn't fancy getting it anything but black, but all the black ones are shipped from China, so I've opted for red. Red is something of a 'theme' inside the car, so maybe I won't hate it so much that I opt to get a black one too..

Still, it was only about five quid so I can't complain too much.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Be careful with Chinese "anodising". It's very very easy to scratch and incredibly thin. Looks the part though. I've bought several alu bike parts from China (not load bearing).

11. liratheal

Yeah. I've had lots of successful purchases from China, but.. Given it's going in an engine bay, I'd prefer something from a company I know already.

Worst case scenario, if the China one turns out to be tat and I can't handle the red, I can get someone to re-anodise it black.

12. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Got a few jobs to do on the car and I just know the drop links will be a pain in the ass. So;

[​IMG]

Just had this delivered with a 5AH Battery. Working on the car might actually become enjoyable again and actually result in less profanities!!

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sony Xperia ZX2 Compact "purchased" today with O2. EE have been stringing me only for ages saying it was coming, went into a shop last week and someone finally coughed up that they wouldn't be getting it. Would cut me any deals or discounts despite having been with them for 10 years. So f' 'em.

O2 waived the upfront cost (only a tenner but still) gave me a free case and have got a free pair of Sony WF-1000X wireless noise cancelling headphones heading my way too.

Haven't had much of a chance to play with it, but it feels so nice to hold, a lot like my much beloved lumina 800. Watching it installing all my apps was quite impressive, substantially quicker than when I'm updating stuff on my current z5 compact. Got a good whack of data for my now longer commute too.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

[​IMG]

For the Wife, to Compliment her P600 (mainly for night time photos of reptiles, as well as the continuous shot, which is handy for IDing flying birds of prey - For pretty much anything else, the P600 is great.).

I WANTED just the body and a Sigma 70-300 "macro" as a but of a crossover, but it seems these are hard as anything to get anywhere near a good price in this neck of the woods right now.
    So they gave me a bit more expensive kit for the same price (though it doesn't have the shorter focal distance that the Sigma 70-300mm has).
    Now we wait for the shipping agents.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Booked a hotel for Austin's "City Limits" music festival this October.

[​IMG]

16. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now one has to go lol.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Picard.

He's overstayed his welcome anyway i'm sure.

18. liratheal

****ing Steam sales;

Sanctus Reach: Complete Edition
    Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Just put up for order today...

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Hahah I watched the live broadcast on Youtube this morning at 8am... was really cool! Not quite ready to drop so much money on a "display" set, so instead I got these two for some Power Functions fun with the kids (and mostly me).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yaka and Pete J like this.