Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

An 8GB RasPi5 with official cooler, case & PSU, which will turn up... eventually (because I forgot to use my "priority" code from MagPi :duh: ).

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Technically, a few days ago, but I bought Alan Wake 2. I never really got into the first one, to be honest. I really enjoyed the atmosphere but the gameplay felt... clunky at best. But something about the second game appealed to me, most likely the graphical presentation and hoping for the same kind of atmosphere with better technology behind the game.

Four hours in, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. The fights are still not my cup of tea, but the atmosphere and presentation, especially the sound design, are among the best I've ever seen/heard in a game.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I loved the first one. Completed it too, but the DLC was just plain weird even for me.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Casting resin kit

[​IMG]

Dice mould

[​IMG]

I don’t play any kind of tabletop games - D&D, Warhammer/WH40K, etc - but I’ve fancied making my own dice for a while.

The mould looks like it will leave an indented face on two of the dice, so anything I make with it will be imbalanced. But that’s fine, this is more for practice and to get a feel for it. If I ever make any for practical use, or sell them, I’d make my own moulds from custom masters.

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

The cheapest saw Husqvarna make, I've just chopped up a load of seasoned hardwood with it and I've got to say I'm impressed.

Vault-Tec, Arboreal and perplekks45 like this.
  6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I hope you have Kevlar trousers and the safety gear, those things are evil if they get away from you

IanW and adidan like this.
  7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

As luck would have it one of my friends has a spare set, and he's the only bloke I know who wears the same size trews!

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

That's disapointing, would of been interesting to try a set but will save my money.

Its probably asking too much from a small device I guess.

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My partner got a pair of rabbits the middle of the year. Between her, and her mother, they had the ingenious idea of buying the rabbits before they had the setup. In a mad panic they managed to find a 5ft hutch at a pet shop which has worked for the past 4 months. Now grown substantially, it's nowhere near enough space for them and I didn't see the point in buying a cover for a hutch not fit for purpose.

Minimum hutch size recommendation is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft while some organisations recommend 12 square feet floor space per rabbit. I'd say ours could be no more than 8-9 square feet maximum (on one level)... all hutches on Amazon are similar size with horrible reviews!

So 24ft of floor space (minus ramp) they get and the rain cover to match.

[​IMG]

Stopped short at the insulation layer, not because I don't intend on throwing something between the hutch and the rain cover as temps drop. But they wanted £75 for some foil insulation that has a bit of velcro on it...

Last edited: 3 Nov 2023
    Mister_Tad, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

if you didnt do that to E1M1 I will be so dissapointed in you.

Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Could return them and try the Fiio UTWS5. I love my fiio LC- BT2 neckband one, used with some Shure SE215S, but they're eol.

12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Asus Prime X570-Pro for a forbidden router.
    Lexar Thor 2x16GB 3600 CAS18 for said router
    Forbidden router now on hold due to unforseen expenses.
    Laptop motherboard from ebay for in-laws' laptop because it died a sad death, aka unforseen expense number who knows.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

We had the exact same hutch for our rabbits, although we also have an outdoor run for them as the hutch on its own isn't quite big enough imho. One thing I would say, especially if you have the rain cover and/or insulation layer, is to watch out for damp inside the hutch as air circulation is a bit limited. And we also found that the roof panels weren't overly strong - we've had cats and foxes sitting on top of the hutch to be fair!

I'd also really recommend getting some rubber covers for the bottom of the hutch legs, to prevent them getting damp and rotting (even if the hutch is sitting on a patio rather than on your lawn). You can measure up and then get suitable covers on ebay - unfortunately I couldn't find the listing from when we bought ours.

14. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Crucial MX500 500GB
    to replace my Mom's 10yo OCZ Vertex Plus R2.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Bummer, I did read about the roof being a bit poor… disappointing given the price! It’s right by the back door though and so far I’ve not witnessed any unwelcome wildlife. They'd soon get a boot up the arse!

I’ll have a look for the feet, we do have it on patio but water tends to pool in weird areas. Anything to increase the longevity of it :happy:

The patio/house at the moment acts as their run. I’d much rather they come into the house over the winter (which was the agreement originally) but unsurprisingly the goal posts changed when we got them. although, while one rabbit quite enjoys pottering about indoors the other is incredibly nervous and will tend to back into corners. It’s only when back in his hutch is he happy again and moving normally. So next my predicament is insulating and protecting them from the elements…

did you keep rabbits outside during the winter in the hutch?

Last edited: 4 Nov 2023
  16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

So first things first, ours are 100% outdoor rabbits which is a necessity given we have two cats!

We did buy the "official" insulation layer and that seemed to be fine during the winter when combined with a couple of rabbit-safe microwaveable heat pads - even on mornings where it was -10C the rabbits seemed totally fine (even when their water bottles, despite being insulated, were frozen :( ). Plenty of straw inside the hutch definitely helps too.

Our original arrangement was that we had the hutch on the patio, then a covered run (2m x 3 m x 1.2m) on the lawn with a tunnel running about 8m between the two so that the rabbits could get outside at will and run/binky about to their hearts' content. One of our bunnies has developed a nasty inner-ear problem (caused by bacteria) that makes her balance really poor, so we have revised our set up - we extended the run to 2 x 4 x 2.2m and got a new single-level hutch that's a bit bigger than the original but still leaves them plenty of room to run about outside, but the rabbit with the balance problem doesn't have to negotiate the tunnel or the ramp inside the hutch. We can also walk about inside the run without having to crouch which is handy. Ideally we'd extend the run a bit further (3 x 4 x 2.2) but there's not quite enough space where it's situated in the garden, and they seem to be happy with what they currently have.

And being rabbits, they have excavated under one end of the hutch so that they have a shallow scrape where they can lie about or run and hide :D They can't dig their way out of the run though, as it has a skirt all the way round - also stops anything outside trying to tunnel in. The run was fairly expensive but I think it's been a good investment.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Pixel 8 Pro:

[​IMG]

And case for site visits - Spigen Tough Armour case:

[​IMG]

18. veato

veato I should be working

Managed to destroy the Dyson today. It's an older DC40 and I've had it for years so it's served me well. Found a Samsung Jet 90 Pet on Samsung website. RRP is £549 apparently but realistically most local places to me sell it for £349. But it's on offer for £279 and they knocked off £100 for trading my broken Dyson. Chucked in some Samsung loyalty points and it's cost me £168. No idea how it compares to the competition but worth a punt for £168.

Ordered today, delivered for free tomorrow, and they take away the Dyson.

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

heard good and bad about these supper slim rads, the itx build i did in the dan c4 case needs one more rad. i really did choose the wrong itx case to watercool in

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I LEGO'd again
    [​IMG]

LennyRhys, Pete J, Yaka and 2 others like this.