1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Legacy of Khufu .Done on page:10.Speakers Done page:11!. 17-07-08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TapperSwe, 11 Feb 2007.

?

which picture to use for backside fanguard

Poll closed 17 Mar 2007.
  1. pic one: scarab

100.0%
  2. pic two: Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. pic three: crocodile/king Sobek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Awesome work. I wish I had the nerves to do something like that.

2. elbarto241

elbarto241 What's a Dremel?

jesus... that fan grill looks so damn clean. nice job.

3. gnidnu

gnidnu Beware of the Tofu!

I never liked fan grills - until now. These grills look adorable.

4. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

Damn.. Just damn. Like others, I'm not a huge fan of the theme but to each his own. The workmanship is just top notch and that's what makes it great.

5. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

my god you have a masterpeice on your hands... now start sellin some of those fan grills!!!

6. TheClon

TheClon What's a Dremel?

Plain awesome !! :jawdrop:

Hard to believe they are hand made (if not for the previous work in progress pictures... :D )

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Nice job on the fan grill but is it possible to open it up just a little more? To me it looks like the area just below the wings and to the sides of the back legs would block a lot of air. Then again, it might not depending on the size of the grill compared to the size of the fan.

If the holes in the last pic of post #99 are for mounting the fan then I'd recommend either making a larger version of the grill or mounting the grill on spacers so air can move behind the sides (instead of just through the front cut-outs).

Either way, it looks good. :thumb:

Last edited: 25 Mar 2007
  8. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Thx for all the nice comments ,i had probably not redone the fangrill all over again after the mistake if it was not for the fact that i post my work at Bit-tech. So i thank all of u for that. :)

Tyinsar :
    thx ,and yes u are right the fangrill will block about 20% of the airflow so i will mount both the front and back fangrill on 1,5 mm thick O rings (dont know if its the same name on English) to let the air pass through the sides.
    So basicly it will be like u suggest mounted on spacers. :cooldude:

Regards.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2007
  9. Tyinsar

:thumb:

o-ring

though you might mean:

washer

maybe a stack of washers about 5mm thick

10. TapperSwe

Thats it washers, thats what im going to use, thx for clearing that one out :D
    I actually had it wrong on swedish to :blush: , he, he its Brickor not O ringar and when i run that word on the translator guess what word comes up, washers of course : :duh:

Last edited: 26 Mar 2007
  11. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Good choice on the scarab. I agree with you on choosing what you did over the one you had pictured. And the workmanship is great. Keep it up!

12. TapperSwe

Last edited: 1 Apr 2007
  13. stormshadow

stormshadow What's a Dremel?

damn... all this with hand tools and a balcony?

great work man.

14. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Cool. Your scarrab is on the front page. Lookin good!

15. TapperSwe

Stormshadow:
    Thx for the comment, i have done much of the work in my kitchen to :D

dacust:
    Thank u for telling me about the front page, i have a direct link to the forum area so i rarely see the front page. I thougt i had to post an email if i wanted to be exposed on the front page ,guess i was wrong but this came as a very pleasant surprise.

And of corse i want to thank bit-tech and the editorializer Brett Thomas for the nice article. although it made me a bit nervous because i now have more to live up to. :dremel:

Last edited: 28 Mar 2007
  16. Tyinsar

Just keep doing what you're doing. To me the best mods are NOT the ones that are only built to win contests. The mods I like most are the ones made just for the joy of modding (and some of those mods are awesome).

17. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

This is possibly the most beautiful case design I have ever seen! I'm speechless! :jawdrop:

18. TapperSwe

Tyinsar:
    Thank u for the encouragingly words and i really hope i dont disapoint u when this build is completed.

StephenK:
    U made me :blush:

So this week I've been working on the DVD stealth and i completed it just today.
    The entrance of a pyramid was located at the bottom of the construction, so with a bit of imagination :D u can see the DVD hatch as the pyramid entrance,and the Anubis (the god of the dead) was often placed in tombs of the pyramids to guard the dead and the treasures so that became my choice for the DVDholder.

Heres some info on the Anubis:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

http://touregypt.net/museum/anubispage.htm

Lets get on with it .
    On sheet:
    [​IMG]

Cuted and bended ,u can also see two alustripes on the opposite side side of the Anubis head, they was supposed to hold the dvd on that side, i however removed them and screw up the dvd to the bottom of the dvd holder instead.

[​IMG]

Here is the dvd sled with a Lshaped alu on ,i will atach the dvd hatch on that L shaped alu:

[​IMG]

Like this:
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks closed:
    [​IMG]

And a pic from inside,I got the right angle by using a few washers:
    [​IMG]

Last thing i did was to engrave some lines to give it a stone wall appearance,I also put dampeners on the screwholes as u can see on this final pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dvd is mount on a rubber mat but i forgot to take pics on that.I have also ordered a touch sensitive bulgin in Aluminium for the dvd but it has not arived yet.

If anyone's wondering why i dident put the Anubi head above the dvd and instead of the wall have the Anubis body to hold the dvd ,its because of the 45 degre angle of the door, i would in that case be forced to insert the dvd even more (otherwise the head and door would collide) and inserting the DVD more would make about only 1/3rd of the DVD hatch/sled to come out in the front and that would be very impractical.

I dont really know what i will do this week , i just might take a week of :D ,cuz ive been really busy at work lately and at the same time ive been working very much with this project ,however if not this week i will come back with an update within 14 days ( I will check in frequently though to see if any questions are posted) .

Comments and thoughts are as always welcome.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2007
  19. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Nice engraving work. Has a very accurate Egyptian feel to it. And all that detail on the inside where it won't be seen unless opened. I like it. What I'm not sure I like, however, is you taking a week off. But I'll just go sit in a corner and wait patiently. :sigh:

20. TapperSwe

Thx ,well my week of was needed to get some new energy,by the way i dont know if i want u sitting in a corner either :D cuz i would really want to see the Uv led light strips that u been working on to get mounted inside the tower.

However i got a little something, my Anti-vandal touch sensitive bulgins came in yesterday ,i ordered one bigger for the start button and one smaller for the dvd button they are both made in Aluminium (which suits me fine) and because they are touch sensitive there is just a plain surface and got no moving parts:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was however thinking at first to get me one of this for the Dvd eject:
    [​IMG]
    cuz then i could have hook upp the enlighted ring to my Dvd light ,but i think it would look nicer with 2 bulgins that are made in the same materia/look and i also like the touch sensitive function on the ones i got so i will mod the smaller bulgin, u will see later.

I have also started to work on the case feets not sure when they going to be done thouh.

Regards.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2007